Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
Graham
Page 1 of 2 next>
Oct 13, 2021 14:55:56   #
Paladin48 Loc: Orlando
 
I was wondering whatever happened to the guy from England called Graham. He always posted some funny jokes/stories in this section.

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 17:45:43   #
Linda From Maine Loc: Yakima, Washington
 
His last posting on February 16 seems self explanatory

Good People, I spent two hours this afternoon, posting jokes for the benefit of members of this forum.
I don't do it for my benefit obviously, Iv'e seen them all. Any of them that I thought could be called OTT, I erased
the words and censored them with Photoshop. I have checked just now for comments from you good people and friends. The humourless, miserable, uncaring, unappreciative individual called admin has deleted seven of my posts. he says it's because they were the wrong section. That is a load of baloney all the twenty posts were all posted to the same heading, ''General Chit Chat no photography talk''. If he was any sort of a ''decent man'' he could have transferred them over to where he wanted them to be. Or he could have asked me to transfer them myself. I believe the truth of the matter is that he is scared of the prudes on here who shudder at ''ADULT HUMOR''. Surely he should have the guts to tell the truth or was he embarrassed to tell me. It's 2021 not
Victorian days any more, they have gone thank heavens, but alas! not under this old fuddy duddy admin man.
I am going to do him a favour now and promise him that he won't have to delete any more of my adult jokes.
It's not as if I am someone who is disrespectful, there are many people on here who will vouch for that.
Mr admin kindness, who doesn't care about his customers, I shall never post on here again. As you like deleting my stuff you can delete my membership details as from now......

Cheers and Beers
Graham Thirkill, a proud Yorkshire Brit who says it, as it is, and always will.
098

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 17:46:27   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
Paladin48 wrote:
I was wondering whatever happened to the guy from England called Graham. He always posted some funny jokes/stories in this section.


This is what I found. I miss his jokes.



Reply
 
 
Oct 13, 2021 17:47:19   #
Linda From Maine Loc: Yakima, Washington
 
MadMikeOne wrote:
This is what I found. I miss his jokes.
I beat you by less than a minute, Karen

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 17:55:00   #
dancers Loc: melbourne.victoria, australia
 
how tragic................he was a star here.I loved his humour.

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 18:54:51   #
napabob Loc: Napa CA
 
so sorry to read about Graham, don't blame him as I did the same thing on Next-door, Graham was one of the singular reasons I read this section, in my opinion whomever the sad sack was that chose to delete without a hint of helping, needs to move on and find another job..............everything I post with humor is due to Graham

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 19:12:04   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
I beat you by less than a minute, Karen


Oh, pooh! I didn't even see your response. Sorry about that.

Reply
 
 
Oct 13, 2021 23:01:05   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
Graham has and will be missed. Another victim of the cancel culture it would appear

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 10:32:09   #
srt101fan
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
Graham has and will be missed. Another victim of the cancel culture it would appear


We are guests on Admin's photography forum. Why shouldn't he/she be allowed to set some boundaries on what is acceptable content?

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 12:17:35   #
napabob Loc: Napa CA
 
srt101fan wrote:
We are guests on Admin's photography forum. Why shouldn't he/she be allowed to set some boundaries on what is acceptable content?


deletion with no explanation is not helpful for anyone.........

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 13:03:29   #
Linda From Maine Loc: Yakima, Washington
 
napabob wrote:
deletion with no explanation is not helpful for anyone.........
Here is one of Graham's "adult" jokes that remained in chit-chat that fateful February day (along with two others):
https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/t-685970-1.html

Hundreds of UHH users enjoy this free website every day without censure from Admin. Blips of contentious confrontations here are meaningless to most, and Admin owes the general populace nothing in the way of explanation.

Just play nice, eh?

Reply
 
 
Oct 14, 2021 13:28:07   #
napabob Loc: Napa CA
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
Here is one of Graham's "adult" jokes that remained in chit-chat that fateful February day (along with two others):
https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/t-685970-1.html

Hundreds of UHH users enjoy this free website every day without censure from Admin. Blips of contentious confrontations here are meaningless to most, and Admin owes the general populace nothing in the way of explanation.

Just play nice, eh?
Here is one of Graham's "adult" jokes th... (show quote)


"adult" joke? so your sensibilities were wounded by that? oh please..........bless your heart.........

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 13:36:14   #
Linda From Maine Loc: Yakima, Washington
 
napabob wrote:
"adult" joke? so your sensibilities were wounded by that? oh please..........bless your heart.........
Your reaction is curious. I provided the link for people who wanted to use it as a base point for what Admin does allow. My quotes around the word adult were referencing Graham's own description ("adult humor") in his rant about Admin.

I personally think that particular joke is simply silly, certainly nothing to wound anyone's sensibilities.

But thank you for caring

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 13:43:05   #
srt101fan
 
napabob wrote:
deletion with no explanation is not helpful for anyone.........


Quite right if true. But we only have one side of the story. Hard for me to accept Graham's version at face value given his irrational rant.

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 14:27:17   #
napabob Loc: Napa CA
 
srt101fan wrote:
Quite right if true. But we only have one side of the story. Hard for me to accept Graham's version at face value given his irrational rant.


thus the problem for me, apparently we are suppose to just live with no explanation and move on with the "nothing to see here" paradigm, ............and how is that helpful, how do we learn from that

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.