Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
Photographing Grizzly's In A Snowstorm
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
Jun 9, 2021 13:07:37   #
jederick Loc: Northern Utah
 
Is very frustrating as they were heading away from me through some heavy timber. Anyhow, this is a pair of two year old cubs somewhat in the open as they were feeding. Mother was further in the timber and I was unable to get any decent images of her. At times the snow was quite heavy and the bears could not be seen. These shots were all taken as the snow waxed and waned and played hell with the Auto Focus!

On another note, I have been fighting a bad head cold for the past week. Normally I wouldn't mention this but I'm scheduled for my first cataract surgery tomorrow morning. Just finished with the surgeon's nurse who cleared me to have the surgery as my temperature is back to normal and bronchial coughing has subsided. My second cataract surgery is scheduled for the 24th so don't know if I will be posting much for the next couple of weeks.
1. Snow briefly let up and this was my best photo
1.  Snow briefly let up and this was my best photo...
(Download)
2. Here comes the snow again
2.  Here comes the snow again...
(Download)
3. Starting to let up again
3.  Starting to let up again...
(Download)
4. and then they're gone
4.  and then they're gone...
(Download)

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:10:37   #
jdtonkinson Loc: Green Valley, AZ
 
Wonderful to get these shots of the Grizzlys. Not easy to get these in the snow, plus not feeling well to boot.
Good luck with your surgery, and hope you feel better soon.

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:16:41   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Good work given the circumstances, Jim!

Reply
 
 
Jun 9, 2021 13:18:22   #
tommystrat Loc: Northwest Montana
 
Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery, Jim!

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:23:58   #
jederick Loc: Northern Utah
 
jdtonkinson wrote:
Wonderful to get these shots of the Grizzlys. Not easy to get these in the snow, plus not feeling well to boot.
Good luck with your surgery, and hope you feel better soon.


Many thanks, JD...haven't had one of these summer colds in many years and this one was a doozy!!

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:24:41   #
jederick Loc: Northern Utah
 
UTMike wrote:
Good work given the circumstances, Jim!


Thank you, Mike...it is always fun whether the photos turn out or not!!

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:24:44   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
Best to you with the surgery and recovery. I hope all goes well for you.
--Bob
jederick wrote:
Is very frustrating as they were heading away from me through some heavy timber. Anyhow, this is a pair of two year old cubs somewhat in the open as they were feeding. Mother was further in the timber and I was unable to get any decent images of her. At times the snow was quite heavy and the bears could not be seen. These shots were all taken as the snow waxed and waned and played hell with the Auto Focus!

On another note, I have been fighting a bad head cold for the past week. Normally I wouldn't mention this but I'm scheduled for my first cataract surgery tomorrow morning. Just finished with the surgeon's nurse who cleared me to have the surgery as my temperature is back to normal and bronchial coughing has subsided. My second cataract surgery is scheduled for the 24th so don't know if I will be posting much for the next couple of weeks.
Is very frustrating as they were heading away from... (show quote)

Reply
 
 
Jun 9, 2021 13:25:34   #
jederick Loc: Northern Utah
 
tommystrat wrote:
Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery, Jim!


Many thanks, tommy...I want to be able to identify what I'm photographing for a change!!

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:26:15   #
jederick Loc: Northern Utah
 
rmalarz wrote:
Best to you with the surgery and recovery. I hope all goes well for you.
--Bob


Many thanks, Bob...I appreciate your good wishes!!

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:26:42   #
Equus Loc: Puget Sound
 
Good luck with the surgery. Hope all goes according to plan.
Pictures are good. We work with what we get.

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:30:39   #
nervous2 Loc: Provo, Utah
 
(1) Great Grizzly Shots, and (2) keep us updated on progress after surgery. It's a process that I will be going thru in the next year if I can get enough courage up. Good luck!

Reply
 
 
Jun 9, 2021 13:43:31   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
Excellent set Jim.

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:52:05   #
PixelStan77 Loc: Vermont/Chicago
 
jederick wrote:
Is very frustrating as they were heading away from me through some heavy timber. Anyhow, this is a pair of two year old cubs somewhat in the open as they were feeding. Mother was further in the timber and I was unable to get any decent images of her. At times the snow was quite heavy and the bears could not be seen. These shots were all taken as the snow waxed and waned and played hell with the Auto Focus!

On another note, I have been fighting a bad head cold for the past week. Normally I wouldn't mention this but I'm scheduled for my first cataract surgery tomorrow morning. Just finished with the surgeon's nurse who cleared me to have the surgery as my temperature is back to normal and bronchial coughing has subsided. My second cataract surgery is scheduled for the 24th so don't know if I will be posting much for the next couple of weeks.
Is very frustrating as they were heading away from... (show quote)


Feel better and good luck on your first cataract surgery tomorrow morning. It should go well for you.I put Grizzlys in snow on my bucket list. Stan

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 13:57:00   #
JRiepe Loc: Southern Illinois
 
Jederick, those are good shots. Haven't been on the forum much lately so I know nothing about your surgery but whatever I wish you the best and a speedy recovery. I'm in the hospital right now recovering from colon cancer surgery that I had Monday. Hoping I get a good biopsy report tomorrow saying it didn't spread. The surgeon said he saw no signs that it had spread. So I'm staying positive.

Reply
Jun 9, 2021 14:06:37   #
DaveO Loc: Northeast CT
 
When and where? I got some on the 24th south of Roaring Mt with the same terrain!

Take care and hurry!

Reply
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.