Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Better than being at the Biltmore
Page 1 of 2 next>
Apr 7, 2021 16:53:42   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
The Better Half and I have been vacationing in Mexico over the past thirty years and we have learned that staying at the 'Adult Only' gourmet all-inclusive is by far the best way to go. This is one of the family of resorts that we frequent. It is the Sensatori Karisma and this is a view of the pool-bar and one of the several restaurants on resort.

I caught this view during the "Blue Hour" which is really more like 10-15 minutes after the sun disappears and the sky develops a soft light which is complimented by the illumination of the buildings and landscape accents. For those with an Apple smartphone look for the "Sol" app and for those of us who have the Android smartphones look for the "Photo Time" app to find local times of the morning blue hour, sunrise, golden hour, sunset and evening blue hour such as when this was taken.


(Download)

Apr 7, 2021 16:58:25   #
quixdraw Loc: American Free States -- Montana
 
Beautiful shot, looks like a very nice place! Once in Mexico, at an exclusive resort at that, was enough for me!

Apr 7, 2021 17:22:29   #
Cwilson341 Loc: Central Florida
 
Lovely shot. That is a magical time of day for photography.

 
 
Apr 7, 2021 17:23:38   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
Very nice. My last, and I mean that, visit/adventure was some 40 years ago. I have no interest in visiting there again.

Unfortunately, beautiful locations, such as you present here, do have their appeal. You did a great job in capturing the beauty and loveliness of this resort.
--Bob
sippyjug104 wrote:
The Better Half and I have been vacationing in Mexico over the past thirty years and we have learned that staying at the 'Adult Only' gourmet all-inclusive is by far the best way to go. This is one of the family of resorts that we frequent. It is the Sensatori Karisma and this is a view of the pool-bar and one of the several restaurants on resort.

I caught this view during the "Blue Hour" which is really more like 10-15 minutes after the sun disappears and the sky develops a soft light which is complimented by the illumination of the buildings and landscape accents. For those with an Apple smartphone look for the "Sol" app and for those of us who have the Android smartphones look for the "Photo Time" app to find local times of the morning blue hour, sunrise, golden hour, sunset and evening blue hour such as when this was taken.
The Better Half and I have been vacationing in Mex... (show quote)

Apr 7, 2021 17:38:32   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Beautiful shot, Gary!

Apr 7, 2021 18:04:56   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
quixdraw wrote:
Beautiful shot, looks like a very nice place! Once in Mexico, at an exclusive resort at that, was enough for me!


Thanks, Quixdraw. Living in the midwest is quite bland compared to the Big Sky, the west coast, the south and the north east parts of the nation. No mountains, no beaches, no exocitic wildlife. Just mostly woods and farmlands here aside from pockets of metropolitan areas.

Now, the "Mexico" experience is greatly related to knowing where and when to go. We learned from our experiences and we now know how the game is played, which is very important to having the most enjoyable time.

No buffets, no sales pitches, no meals that we would not have at our finest restaurants here. Top-shelf drinks, no kids, no spring breakers where we go.

Apr 7, 2021 18:15:10   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
Cwilson341 wrote:
Lovely shot. That is a magical time of day for photography.


Carol, Like many, I have learned the hard way. The sun is not my friend in photography. Soft diffused light is my friend. Add a bit of color and the hint of clouds are so much the better. Turn down the ISO, expose so that the shadows can be lifted and that the whites will not be blown out work best for me.

Yes, then I view them on the camera display they look very dark, although that's okay for it is what I am looking for. Spend the midday sun hours doing other things. Get out early with the camera. Get out before sunset with the camera. During the day look for shooting opportunities along the north face where there is no direct sunlight. Brace the camera steady and shoot a bit longer exposure in those darks and I find that I will have something to work with.

I go by the saying, "You can't make chicken soup out of chicken poop!". I've tried it time and time again to no avail.

 
 
Apr 7, 2021 18:18:18   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
rmalarz wrote:
Very nice. My last, and I mean that, visit/adventure was some 40 years ago. I have no interest in visiting there again.

Unfortunately, beautiful locations, such as you present here, do have their appeal. You did a great job in capturing the beauty and loveliness of this resort.
--Bob


Thanks for viewing and for the reply. It won't be too long now and Mexico will be here and then we can all move down there.!

Apr 7, 2021 18:21:31   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
UTMike wrote:
Beautiful shot, Gary!


Thanks, UTMike. I hope to make it out your way before my time is up for Utah has some of the most beautiful national parks in the nation. I passed through the Four Corners area in late July riding a motorcycle and I got an entirely new respect for the term, "HOT".

Apr 7, 2021 18:39:13   #
Craigdca Loc: Pasadena, California
 
Ok, I’m back from my mini vacation in your picture. Nicely done

Apr 7, 2021 18:42:17   #
l-fox Loc: West Virginia
 
sippyjug104 wrote:
The Better Half and I have been vacationing in Mexico over the past thirty years and we have learned that staying at the 'Adult Only' gourmet all-inclusive is by far the best way to go. This is one of the family of resorts that we frequent. It is the Sensatori Karisma and this is a view of the pool-bar and one of the several restaurants on resort.

I caught this view during the "Blue Hour" which is really more like 10-15 minutes after the sun disappears and the sky develops a soft light which is complimented by the illumination of the buildings and landscape accents. For those with an Apple smartphone look for the "Sol" app and for those of us who have the Android smartphones look for the "Photo Time" app to find local times of the morning blue hour, sunrise, golden hour, sunset and evening blue hour such as when this was taken.
The Better Half and I have been vacationing in Mex... (show quote)



 
 
Apr 7, 2021 19:35:41   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
Craigdca wrote:
Ok, I’m back from my mini vacation in your picture. Nicely done


Thanks, it's nice to know that others enjoy seeing it.

Apr 7, 2021 19:35:57   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
l-fox wrote:


Thanks, for dropping by.

Apr 7, 2021 19:54:21   #
kpmac Loc: Ragley, La
 
I like it, sippy. Nicely exposed.

Apr 7, 2021 21:22:59   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
kpmac wrote:
I like it, sippy. Nicely exposed.


Thanks, Kpmac. When we travel with friends they see me taking pictures and they know that I will give them copies of what I have taken. At first they would say, "Oooo that's awfully dark, I can barely see what it is." Then when I'm done I get their "Oh my, is that the same picture?"

Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.