Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Clear explications...
Page: 1 2 next>>
Jan 11, 2021 15:42:35   #
FRENCHY Loc: Stone Mountain , Ga
 
I called a friend, and I asked him what he was doing. He told me that in these times of confinement he was working on:

"Aquathermic treatment of ceramics, glass, aluminum, and steel in a constrained environment."

I was impressed... To understand, I asked him for clarification.
He told me that in fact:


"He washed the dishes in hot water.... under the supervision of his wife."!

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 15:45:55   #
Doddy Loc: Barnard Castle-England
 
Ha Ha.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 15:49:23   #
burkphoto Loc: High Point, NC
 
FRENCHY wrote:
I called a friend, and I asked him what he was doing. He told me that in these times of confinement he was working on:

"Aquathermic treatment of ceramics, glass, aluminum, and steel in a constrained environment."

I was impressed... To understand, I asked him for clarification.
He told me that in fact:


"He washed the dishes in hot water.... under the supervision of his wife."!


Polysyllabic phraseology lives! Is your friend a lawyer?

| Reply
 
 
Jan 11, 2021 15:58:01   #
FRENCHY Loc: Stone Mountain , Ga
 
burkphoto wrote:
Polysyllabic phraseology lives! Is your friend a lawyer?



| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 16:02:24   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
FRENCHY wrote:
I called a friend, and I asked him what he was doing. He told me that in these times of confinement he was working on:

"Aquathermic treatment of ceramics, glass, aluminum, and steel in a constrained environment."

I was impressed... To understand, I asked him for clarification.
He told me that in fact:


"He washed the dishes in hot water.... under the supervision of his wife."!


Sometimes it seems my wife keeps me around because I am better at loading the dishwasher than she is. That and the fact that I pay all the bills and utilities on line so she can pretend they don't exist.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 16:03:01   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
burkphoto wrote:
Polysyllabic phraseology lives! Is your friend a lawyer?


Or an English Professor?

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 16:35:16   #
FRENCHY Loc: Stone Mountain , Ga
 
robertjerl wrote:
Sometimes it seems my wife keeps me around because I am better at loading the dishwasher than she is. That and the fact that I pay all the bills and utilities on line so she can pretend they don't exist.


Oh, you too?

| Reply
 
 
Jan 11, 2021 16:35:47   #
FRENCHY Loc: Stone Mountain , Ga
 
robertjerl wrote:
Or an English Professor?



| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 16:45:09   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
FRENCHY wrote:
Oh, you too?


She leaves the watering to me also. She seems to be content to let the yard and plants dry up and turn brown. After all we live in an area that is naturally semi-desert so why mess with nature?

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 16:49:33   #
FRENCHY Loc: Stone Mountain , Ga
 
robertjerl wrote:
She leaves the watering to me also. She seems to be content to let the yard and plants dry up and turn brown. After all we live in an area that is naturally semi-desert so why mess with nature?


No need to tired yourself,

I wish I can have a desert-like backyard, where cactus and rattlesnakes and Roadrunners are the residents.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 16:53:16   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
Yep one of the type that seems to eat dictionaries for snacks and then takes delight in leaving even well educated people going Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What did he say? Is that even any known human language?

Actually I used to play a game similar to that with my students. When one of them would use a forbidden word or phrase I would come up with and teach then a version that said the same thing without any "bad words". Then I would tell them if they wanted to cuss they have to use it. Just using the plain cuss word would get detention.

One of them was: "The end product of the digestive system of a male bovine."

| Reply
 
 
Jan 11, 2021 16:58:11   #
FRENCHY Loc: Stone Mountain , Ga
 
robertjerl wrote:
Yep one of the type that seems to eat dictionaries for snacks and then takes delight in leaving even well educated people going Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What did he say? Is that even any known human language?

Actually I used to play a game similar to that with my students. When one of them would use a forbidden word or phrase I would come up with and teach then a version that said the same thing without any "bad words". Then I would tell them if they wanted to cuss they have to use it. Just using the plain cuss word would get detention.

One of them was: "The end product of the digestive system of a male bovine."
Yep one of the type that seems to eat dictionaries... (show quote)



| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 17:00:37   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
FRENCHY wrote:
No need to tired yourself,

I wish I can have a desert-like backyard, where cactus and rattlesnakes and Roadrunners are the residents.


I would probably trip and fall on the cactus or step on a rattlesnake. Besides the snakes and Roadrunners would compete with and maybe fight with my little Jack Russel who regards the lizards, field mice and tree rats as a source of protein snacks and chew toys. The wife's Shin Zhu just sort of cheers her on with an occasional break to bark at squirrels. But he leaves the chasing of the squirrels up to Tara while he watches.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 17:08:56   #
FRENCHY Loc: Stone Mountain , Ga
 
robertjerl wrote:
I would probably trip and fall on the cactus or step on a rattlesnake. Besides the snakes and Roadrunners would compete with and maybe fight with my little Jack Russel who regards the lizards, field mice and tree rats as a source of protein snacks and chew toys. The wife's Shin Zhu just sort of cheers her on with an occasional break to bark at squirrels. But he leaves the chasing of the squirrels up to Tara while he watches.



| Reply
Jan 11, 2021 17:29:40   #
DaveO Loc: Northeast CT
 

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.