Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
High School Seniors
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
Sep 17, 2011 21:49:57   #
Erbin Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
 
Expressions of Youth

At The Beach
At The Beach...

Improvised Location
Improvised Location...

Facial Expression
Facial Expression...

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 21:54:10   #
RockinRobinG Loc: The Middle of Nowhere, Nebraska
 
Beautiful. Man...senior pictures have certainly come a long way since I had mine taken. <Laf'n>

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 21:54:44   #
mommy115 Loc: California
 
Beautifully done. Are you a professional? If not, you should be. :-)

Reply
 
 
Sep 17, 2011 21:55:55   #
josoIII
 
love the color dynamic on the first one.

like everything but the presentation on the second, very distraction frame, wow...

third one has wonderful light and tonal range, framing with the sharp edge of contrast, really pulls the eyes away from your subject.

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 21:57:54   #
Erbin Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
 
RockinRobinG, I remember mine. Went to photographers studio with white shirt and tie. He had cap and gown. Five shots and I was out of there. (1959)

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 22:03:22   #
RFranko Loc: Albuquerque, NM
 
Two out of Three. Like the beach shot but it has about 1/2 stop over flashed according to the cast shadow behind her. If you were shooting at a sync of around 200th you might consider showing down to bring up the background. Or if you were shooting slow use a higher shutter speed to darken the background completely. Overall a very sellable image.
You are aware of this but for those others out there that don't know; when shooting with flash your f-stop controls your flash exposure and your shutter speed will control your ambient exposure.
Shot two...very sellable. The only thing that throws me is the blurred surround outside the frame. I guess it works but not sure.
Shot Three...Opps to much white in the eyes but great pose.

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 22:08:59   #
Erbin Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
 
mommy115 wrote:
Beautifully done. Are you a professional? If not, you should be. :-)


I have a part time in home studio. Have not had any training, but look at the magazine and store ad pieces for ideas.

That Hat Is $ Maker
That Hat Is $ Maker...

Reply
 
 
Sep 17, 2011 22:16:07   #
Erbin Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
 
josoIII wrote:
love the color dynamic on the first one.


What color dynamic? (haha)
I picked up the framing ideas from clothing ad pieces. The kids really like the effect on wallets. It sells.

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 22:17:49   #
Erbin Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
 
RFranko,

Thanks for your critique.

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 22:22:26   #
RFranko Loc: Albuquerque, NM
 
Did senior portraits for several years from my studio. Some days were fun and everything clicked, others I couldn't do anything right. Some seniors love to pose others you just can't do a thing with. Overall I liked doing them. When it came to weddings, I threw in the towel. I quickly had enough of crying brides, bitchy mothers, nervous fathers and bridle parties who didn't want to do all the alter shots not to say anything of all the drunks at the receptions.

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 22:27:06   #
josoIII
 
RFranko wrote:
Did senior portraits for several years from my studio. Some days were fun and everything clicked, others I couldn't do anything right. Some seniors love to pose others you just can't do a thing with. Overall I liked doing them. When it came to weddings, I threw in the towel. I quickly had enough of crying brides, bitchy mothers, nervous fathers and bridle parties who didn't want to do all the alter shots not to say anything of all the drunks at the receptions.


wow did you say a mouthful about weddings, and very spot on... Bravo... I have also found wedding photographers to be the most rude people if you are holding a DSLR... I was hired as a second, they wanted the most coverage they could get, money was not an issue with them, never again.

Reply
 
 
Sep 17, 2011 22:36:30   #
Erbin Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
 
josoIII wrote:
RFranko wrote:
Did senior portraits for several years from my studio. Some days were fun and everything clicked, others I couldn't do anything right. Some seniors love to pose others you just can't do a thing with. Overall I liked doing them. When it came to weddings, I threw in the towel. I quickly had enough of crying brides, bitchy mothers, nervous fathers and bridle parties who didn't want to do all the alter shots not to say anything of all the drunks at the receptions.


wow did you say a mouthful about weddings, and very spot on... Bravo... I have also found wedding photographers to be the most rude people if you are holding a DSLR... I was hired as a second, they wanted the most coverage they could get, money was not an issue with them, never again.
quote=RFranko Did senior portraits for several ye... (show quote)


I have a few of them under my belt. Weddings are the most work for the least amount of money in my opinion.



Reply
Sep 17, 2011 22:38:32   #
RFranko Loc: Albuquerque, NM
 
By the way looks like you are doing some skin retouching. I don't know if you are just using Photoshop or the like but I downloaded Professional Portrait 10 and have used it a bit. It does a great job but you do have to be a bit careful not to over do it or you get to much of a plastic look. See the two images...actually about a frame or two apart, only one was retouched. Actually a bit over done in my opinion.





Reply
Sep 17, 2011 22:51:08   #
RFranko Loc: Albuquerque, NM
 
I never minded them holding a camera I just got a little PO'ed when they would shoot over my shoulder. I had to politely ask they wait to take their photos AFTER I was done with all my poses.

Reply
Sep 17, 2011 23:06:57   #
Erbin Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
 
Richard,

Did they listen? I can't remember a single wedding that the friends and guest listened to my request for more than the next setup. Horrible working conditions.

Reply
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2023 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.