This topic is locked to prevent further replies.
As far as the forum posting goes, here is a list of things to keep in mind:
- Please be polite.
- Do not post content or images owned/authored by others without their permission. Complying with all laws (including copyright) is solely the responsibility of each individual user. We serve merely as a service provider. If you notice that your copyright is being violated by a user of this forum, please follow the steps outlined on the DMCA page, link at the bottom. Repeating copyright infringements will lead to account termination.
- Do not post any ads or promote anything without speaking to me about it first. That includes any kind of commercial activity. If you have something good, that a lot of people would appreciate, then it would probably be OK to mention it here.
- Do not post "affiliate" links of any kind.
- Please do not post links promoting any "signup" pages, newsletters, lists, message boards, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, voting pages, etc. That includes any sites that are meant to collect "signups" for any purpose.
- Do not solicit for e-mail addresses or other personal information of other users to establish any kinds of lists, distributions, giveaways, etc.
- Do not send mass private messages to multiple users. We reserve the right to monitor and delete private messages to prevent spam, ensure compliance with the rules, and to deal with other issues.
- Do not make posts in all capital letters. This includes topic titles. (You might consider using your browser's zoom feature to increase the size of the font in case you are experiencing difficulties reading/writing.)
- When asking a general question (if you are not in the middle of a conversation), then try not to address the question to anybody specific. If someone else knows the answer when you asked a specific person, then they might not feel comfortable jumping in. So your chances of getting a question answered become greatly reduced.
- Try to use descriptive titles when creating new topics. Instead of something like "Please Help", write a title that briefly states the nature of your post. That way, people who know the answer or are interested in that particular topic would be more likely to click on it to read it and post replies.
- Please do not post your e-mail address or other personal information in the open.
- This forum contains NSFW sections, namely "Nude Photography, Boudoir Photography, NSFW, Discussions and Pictures" section. Users are not subscribed to such sections by default. So you shouldn't encounter images from such sections in Newest Topics, Active Topics, or in the digest. You would need to explicitly subscribe to the section or browse directly into that section from All Sections page.
Still, it's possible to come across NSFW content. That might happen if someone accidentally posts a topic meant for an NSFW section elsewhere. (In that case, we'll delete it or move it as soon as we can.) Additionally, if you open up a user's profile and list his/her topics or posts, and if that user happens to be posting in an NSFW section, then you might see that content.
- Please watch your language. We would like to keep this site clean.
- If you create additional fake accounts to troll, then be prepared for your main account to be revealed. Most likely with "aka YourOriginalUserName" as the status of all of your troll accounts.
- Do not include a link to your site inside the posts. Instead use a signature (you can set it up in your profile).
- If your signature contains a link to your website/blog/store, then please make sure to reciprocate and link to this forum's home page from your site.
- Signatures should not contain more than three lines without wrapping. Blank separating lines are also counted. Please, no flashing images either.
- If you are "hotlinking" an image from a remote site, please make the image stays in place, otherwise we end up with broken pages.
- Do not "bump" your topics up. If everyone starts doing it, the forum will get filled with empty posts.
- To prevent strain on the database we will be splitting up topics that reach 100 pages. All conversations will be carried over into follow-up topics.
- We strip EXIF data from uploaded images to protect user's privacy. Some cameras are configured to include owner's full name in EXIF headers, and apparently many people aren't even aware their cameras do that. We only strip EXIF for the downsized thumbnails, when converting the image. When you select "store original" option, the original file is left as is, without any modification, including all EXIF data. So any personal information contained in the file can still be accessed by any visitor of our website. If you do not consent to the removal of your EXIF data, then please don't upload any images to our website.
- Approval or disapproval of users' posts by the moderators/administration does not shift the responsibility for the content of the posts (any claims made in the posts or laws violated) from users onto the moderators or the administration.
It is the responsibility of each user to make sure all his/her actions are within law.
In other words, just because a post wasn't removed/edited by the moderators or the administration, it doesn't automatically mean that the moderators or the administration condone the content of a post.
- This website is private property. Administration reserves the right to disable any user account at our own discretion without prior notice at any time and for any reason. While this is usually a measure of the last resort, we disclaim any and all responsibility for your inability to use this website due to disabled account.
- We do not generally delete old images/posts at user's request unless there is a valid reason. So if you don't want your content to be shown here indefinitely, then please don't post it here in the first place. The reason for that is simple: deleting one user's posts usually requires deleting responses posted by other users. So for the sake of keeping the forum stable, we maintain this policy.
- Just because somebody else is breaking the rules, doesn't mean you can do it too. Pointing out another user "doing the same thing" as a defense to a violation is in itself a bannable offense. If you decide to start breaking rules because you saw someone else doing it, you are compounding the problem.
- Threatening or hinting that you'll leave the forum unless I do something you want, threatening with legal action or posting ultimatums of any kind will not have the desired effect. I don't respond well to threats or ultimatums. In such instances, I'll either ignore your request completely (regardless of the merit of the original request) or I'll kick you out simply as a matter of principle.
- The most important rule of all is this: use common sense.
- Aside from that, please have fun, learn, and share your knowledge with others!
Various sections on this forum have specific rules of their own. So please make sure to read them as well before posting in a section.