Ugly Hedgehog - Photography
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main Photography Discussion
Nikon Tripod Part
Page 1 of 2 next>
Aug 11, 2023 15:48:16   #
jimpitt
 
I traded my large D camera for a compact Z but left the quick release pad on the camera in error.
Does anyone have an idea of where I can find that part? It is a good quality and expensive tripod that is useless without this little screw-on pad. Nikon website has nothing. Thanks.

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 15:58:05   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA, United States
 
Is it any of these?-
https://www.google.com/search?q=nikon+tripod+quick+release+plate&sca_esv=555979541&source=hp&ei=jpLWZOKqDJ6p5NoPyai2gAE&iflsig=AD69kcEAAAAAZNagnvu5K02dirGJtuIAqeYgK1uskMKU&oq=nikon+tripod+quic&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IhFuaWtvbiB0cmlwb2QgcXVpYyoCCAAyBRAAGIAEMggQABiKBRiGAzIIEAAYigUYhgMyCBAAGIoFGIYDSII_ULYHWLgpcAF4AJABAJgBe6AB8QqqAQQxNS4yuAEByAEA-AEBqAIKwgIQEAAYAxiPARjqAhiMAxjlAsICEBAuGAMYjwEY6gIYjAMY5QLCAgsQLhiABBixAxiDAcICCxAAGIAEGLEDGIMBwgIREC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYxwEY0QPCAgsQABiKBRixAxiDAcICCBAuGIAEGLEDwgILEC4YigUYsQMYgwHCAgsQLhiABBixAxjlBMICBRAuGIAEwgIIEAAYgAQYsQPCAhEQLhiDARjHARixAxjRAxiABMICDhAuGIAEGLEDGIMBGOUEwgIUEC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYyQMYxwEY0QPCAggQABiKBRiSA8ICCxAuGK8BGMcBGIAEwgIOEC4YigUYsQMYgwEY5QTCAggQLhiABBjlBMICBBAAGAM&sclient=gws-wiz

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 16:44:35   #
User ID
 
jimpitt wrote:
I traded my large D camera for a compact Z but left the quick release pad on the camera in error.
Does anyone have an idea of where I can find that part? It is a good quality and expensive tripod that is useless without this little screw-on pad. Nikon website has nothing. Thanks.

If its a high quality tripod then the plate SHOULD BE an Arca Swiss type. Buy one at B&H. No problem about returns on the slim chance its not an Arca.

Reply
 
 
Aug 11, 2023 16:51:29   #
Orphoto Loc: Oregon
 
It is not a Nikon part. The plates are part of a tripod head's quick release system. Chances are the old one would not have been a good fit on the new Z body anyway.

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 18:25:13   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
User ID wrote:
If its a high quality tripod then the plate SHOULD BE an Arca Swiss type. Buy one at B&H. No problem about returns on the slim chance its not an Arca.


Not the question.
Pay attention.

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 19:26:09   #
jlocke Loc: Austin, TX
 
Architect1776 wrote:
Not the question.
Pay attention.


I think that WAS the question...

"but left the quick release pad on the camera in error.
Does anyone have an idea of where I can find that part? It is a good quality and expensive tripod that is useless without this little screw-on pad."

Sure sounds like a description of the quick-release plate for a tripod head. I know the OP titled the post, "Nikon Tripod Part", but I've never seen a Nikon tripod for sale, so I've got to guess that the post means, a "tripod part for a Nikon".

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 19:29:06   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
jlocke wrote:
I think that WAS the question...

"but left the quick release pad on the camera in error.
Does anyone have an idea of where I can find that part? It is a good quality and expensive tripod that is useless without this little screw-on pad."

Sure sounds like a description of the quick-release plate for a tripod head. I know the OP titled the post, "Nikon Tripod Part", but I've never seen a Nikon tripod for sale, so I've got to guess that the post means, a "tripod part for a Nikon".
I think that WAS the question... br br "but ... (show quote)


Let the OP clarify then.
You are speculating.

Reply
 
 
Aug 11, 2023 20:48:29   #
pendennis
 
jimpitt wrote:
I traded my large D camera for a compact Z but left the quick release pad on the camera in error.
Does anyone have an idea of where I can find that part? It is a good quality and expensive tripod that is useless without this little screw-on pad. Nikon website has nothing. Thanks.


Did you try contacting the dealer? They'll usually retrieve and return parts to you that don't belong on the camera.

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 20:59:37   #
AzYooper Loc: Sun Lakes AZ (Almost Phoenix)
 
Check with RRS for a custom plate for your specific Nikon Z camera

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 21:24:02   #
User ID
 
Appearance varies, but the Arca Swiss dove tail is 99.5% universal. Below is a pic of a very generic all purpose version.

Call B&H and get it sorted right out on the phone without archie1776 muddying the waters. Theres very many variations to suit any individual need, but the main choice is between a simple plate (1st pic below) and a right angle dual plate that allows an easy switch from landscape to portrait (2nd pic).


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 22:53:49   #
jimpitt
 
It IS in fact a high quality tripod, paid about $300 10 yrs ago. The store said I needed this because of the weight of a DSLR with a full frame type zoom lens.
Nikon put their name on these but never manufactured them, which is why finding the quick release plate is difficult.
Thanks for your infor.

Reply
 
 
Aug 11, 2023 22:57:35   #
jimpitt
 
The Z body has nothing to do with this. The plate is a screw-in fitting all bodies.
Sorry you misunderstood.
Thanks.

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 23:07:32   #
jimpitt
 
Original dealer out of business.
Current dealer very cooperative but has not have this part in stock.
I hate to waste a $300 tripod for a $10 part so I appreciate input from you guys and girls as professionals.
Thanks for your comments.

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 23:14:31   #
AzYooper Loc: Sun Lakes AZ (Almost Phoenix)
 
Change out the head. Any decent tripod an change out the head. A new head should then accommodate a new Arcaplateon the camera. Go to a good local camera shop if you can't figure it out. Take the tripod and camera.

Reply
Aug 11, 2023 23:15:37   #
AzYooper Loc: Sun Lakes AZ (Almost Phoenix)
 
A photo of your tripod head would also help us help you.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main Photography Discussion
UglyHedgehog.com
Copyright 2011-2024 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.