Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
David Tolley on The Tonight Show
Jan 24, 2023 17:49:42   #
bcheary Loc: Jacksonville, FL
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IikaDKvC1as

I sure miss Johnny Carson.

Reply
Jan 24, 2023 18:03:09   #
Klickitatdave Loc: Seattle Washington
 
I do miss Johnny Carson but I miss Dick Cavett even more. Especially his shows which focused on a particular subject or individual. To witness people like Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Wells or Katherine Hepburn talk about their lives and art for more than a few minutes was a gift.

Reply
Jan 24, 2023 18:10:32   #
bcheary Loc: Jacksonville, FL
 
Klickitatdave wrote:
I do miss Johnny Carson but I miss Dick Cavett even more. Especially his shows which focused on a particular subject or individual. To witness people like Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Wells or Katherine Hepburn talk about their lives and art for more than a few minutes was a gift.



Reply
 
 
Jan 25, 2023 09:00:32   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
Amazing! I had never heard of him, and now he's "an old man."

Steve Allen had a great late-night show - with dummies in the audience.

Reply
Jan 25, 2023 09:07:16   #
bcheary Loc: Jacksonville, FL
 
jerryc41 wrote:
Amazing! I had never heard of him, and now he's "an old man."

Steve Allen had a great late-night show - with dummies in the audience.


Steve was also a good musician.

Reply
Jan 25, 2023 09:59:47   #
St.Mary's
 
The piano player was David Tolley. Here's his obit.

Reply
Jan 25, 2023 10:28:08   #
St.Mary's
 
CORRECTION!
The death of Mr. David Tolley of Tonight Show fame maybe greatly exaggerated. Turns out there numberous David Tolleys. I send my regrets at this misinformation if indeed it is misinformation.

Reply
 
 
Jan 25, 2023 11:04:46   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 

Reply
Jan 25, 2023 11:15:53   #
raymondh Loc: Walker, MI
 

Reply
Jan 25, 2023 11:28:55   #
rlv567 Loc: Baguio City, Philippines
 
bcheary wrote:
Steve was also a good musician.


Steve Allen was a GREAT musician.

Loren - in Beautiful Baguio City

Reply
Jan 25, 2023 13:48:27   #
bcheary Loc: Jacksonville, FL
 
rlv567 wrote:
Steve Allen was a GREAT musician.

Loren - in Beautiful Baguio City


No argument from me.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2023 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.