Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
An Enticing Image From the LROS Site
Nov 22, 2022 15:17:22   #
Streets Loc: Euless, TX.
 
See if you can see the parabolic dish about 200 feet behind the top triangle. Double download reveals some interesting stuff.


(Download)

Reply
Nov 22, 2022 15:52:59   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
Streets wrote:
See if you can see the parabolic dish about 200 feet behind the top triangle. Double download reveals some interesting stuff.



Reply
Nov 22, 2022 16:01:21   #
edrobinsonjr Loc: Boise, Idaho
 
Sorry, but I cant pick it out...

Ed

Reply
 
 
Nov 22, 2022 16:53:14   #
Streets Loc: Euless, TX.
 
edrobinsonjr wrote:
Sorry, but I cant pick it out...

Ed


O.K. Ed. How would you account for the change of albedo (reflectivity of the lunar surface) due to agitation? Could it be by movement of the triangular objects?

Reply
Nov 22, 2022 16:53:45   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
edrobinsonjr wrote:
Sorry, but I cant pick it out...

Ed


Because it is a figment of the ones imagination.

Reply
Nov 22, 2022 18:19:05   #
edrobinsonjr Loc: Boise, Idaho
 
Architect1776 wrote:
Because it is a figment of the ones imagination.



Reply
Nov 23, 2022 08:10:03   #
photon-collector Loc: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
 
More interesting....who do you suppose left that arrow-marker on the moon?

Reply
 
 
Nov 23, 2022 09:01:33   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
Perhaps it's are akin to these. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/soundings-arrow-quest-180957833/
--Bob
photon-collector wrote:
More interesting....who do you suppose left that arrow-marker on the moon?

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 18:16:15   #
cwp3420
 


That’s very interesting Bob. I had heard about them, but I didn’t know there were that many.

Reply
Nov 24, 2022 14:49:58   #
Streets Loc: Euless, TX.
 
I did when I photographed the screen. Here's the complete photo as it was seen on the quickmap site. this one includes Lunar coordinates on the bottom left so you can find it again. fun to look at in double download.


(Download)

Reply
Nov 24, 2022 15:26:38   #
edrobinsonjr Loc: Boise, Idaho
 
Nope, still can't find it. Maybe you circle it and post again...

Ed

Reply
 
 
Nov 25, 2022 13:59:08   #
Streets Loc: Euless, TX.
 
edrobinsonjr wrote:
Nope, still can't find it. Maybe you circle it and post again...

Ed


If you are referring to the arrow, it's in the center of the image. Where ever the arrow is placed, it's lunar coordinates will be indicated in latitude and longitude in the bottom/left window on every image shown in Quickmap.

If more people became familiar with Quickmap and how to use it, instead of insulting my intelligence, we might have a better relationship on UHH. I became very interested in the moon due to my work on the Surveyor and Apollo projects. Prior to those, the Moon was just a bright light in the night sky.

Reply
Nov 25, 2022 14:20:29   #
edrobinsonjr Loc: Boise, Idaho
 
Streets wrote:
If you are referring to the arrow, it's in the center of the image. Where ever the arrow is placed, it's lunar coordinates will be indicated in latitude and longitude in the bottom/left window on every image shown in Quickmap.

If more people became familiar with Quickmap and how to use it, instead of insulting my intelligence, we might have a better relationship on UHH. I became very interested in the moon due to my work on the Surveyor and Apollo projects. Prior to those, the Moon was just a bright light in the night sky.
If you are referring to the arrow, it's in the cen... (show quote)


I apologize if you feel insulted. No snark was intended. I was just unable to see anything resembling a man made object.

What I asked is if you could open the image in PS or some other editor and place a ring - maybe red - around the object.

Thanks,
Ed

Reply
Nov 25, 2022 21:03:35   #
Streets Loc: Euless, TX.
 
The two black triangular objects are the stars of this area of the moon and could be regarded as of similar design to the black triangles seen by many in the skies of our planet. See Google and enter TR3b. The "TR3b over Paris" is a real treat.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.