Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
Don't mess with older people!!
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
Jun 22, 2022 12:09:15   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Found this online today. While I would never do this, I had to share this on UHH!!

"I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.🤣😂🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️🍔🍟☕️"

Mark

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 12:19:54   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA, United States
 

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 12:20:49   #
NMGal Loc: NE NM
 
Isn’t Karma a b****.

Reply
 
 
Jun 22, 2022 12:23:21   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Longshadow wrote:


I thought you'd like that, Bill!!
Mark

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 12:23:54   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
NMGal wrote:
Isn’t Karma a b****.


Sure is!!
Mark

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 12:46:26   #
cahale Loc: San Angelo, TX
 
markngolf wrote:
Found this online today. While I would never do this, I had to share this on UHH!!

"I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.🤣😂🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️🍔🍟☕️"

Mark
Found this online today. While I would never do th... (show quote)


Apparently not long enough if you haven't learned not to go to McDonalds.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:00:16   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
cahale wrote:
Apparently not long enough if you haven't learned not to go to McDonalds.


I learned that 30+ yrs. ago!
Mark

Reply
 
 
Jun 22, 2022 13:00:22   #
DWU2 Loc: Phoenix Arizona area
 
markngolf wrote:
Found this online today. While I would never do this, I had to share this on UHH!!

"I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.🤣😂🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️🍔🍟☕️"

Mark
Found this online today. While I would never do th... (show quote)


Right on, brother!

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:01:00   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
DWU2 wrote:
Right on, brother!


Thanks!!
Mark

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:09:49   #
josquin1 Loc: Massachusetts
 
With today's violent world, you're lucky she didn't react violently.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:15:12   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
josquin1 wrote:
With today's violent world, you're lucky she didn't react violently.


Maybe reread my post? It was not my experience.
Mark

Reply
 
 
Jun 22, 2022 18:03:39   #
dancers Loc: melbourne.victoria, australia
 
great solution! Thanks Mark!

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 18:53:23   #
BebuLamar
 
what did you tell the cashier that made she/he thinks you paid for the lady behind you? If you simply place 2 orders with separate receipts the cashier shouldn't assume that.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 19:15:34   #
lxu532 Loc: Cherry Hill, NJ
 
That's so funny! Thanks for the laugh. I really needed a laugh today.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 19:47:18   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
BebuLamar wrote:
what did you tell the cashier that made she/he thinks you paid for the lady behind you? If you simply place 2 orders with separate receipts the cashier shouldn't assume that.


Please reread the post. It was not me.
Mark

Reply
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.