Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
take extra meds
May 13, 2022 14:04:44   #
home brewer Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana
 
For those planning to go overseas or on a cruise take enough extra meds for a 3 week quarantine.
We heard the same tale from people going home from a cruise while waiting in the Dubrovnik and Frankfurt airports that many people tested positive on the cruise ship and then were put in quarantine while on ship or sent off to another place. We had the "got to pass the covid 19 test"
hanging over us all 30 days were were in Europe. I think that the USA is the only country that requires at test.

Reply
May 13, 2022 14:55:33   #
TheShoe Loc: Lacey, WA
 
And it is also wise to ask your doctor for an Rx for the Cov-19 pills so you can take them with you as a precaution.

Reply
May 13, 2022 15:03:13   #
wrangler5 Loc: Missouri
 
FWIW, friends who travel regularly swear that a quick nasal spray of saline solution before a covid test will almost always result in a negative test result.

Reply
 
 
May 13, 2022 16:59:18   #
Just Shoot Me Loc: Ithaca, NY
 
wrangler5 wrote:
FWIW, friends who travel regularly swear that a quick nasal spray of saline solution before a covid test will almost always result in a negative test result.


That's a great tip! Then you can spread Covid freely from country to country. What variant are you? Omicron?
Really? How egotistical of you.

Reply
May 13, 2022 17:15:56   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA, United States
 
Just Shoot Me wrote:
That's a great tip! Then you can spread Covid freely from country to country. What variant are you? Omicron?
Really? How egotistical of you.



Evidently it's much more important to continue the trip uninterrupted or inconvenienced.

Reply
May 13, 2022 17:17:13   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA, United States
 
wrangler5 wrote:
FWIW, friends who travel regularly swear that a quick nasal spray of saline solution before a covid test will almost always result in a negative test result.


A bit self-centered?

Reply
May 14, 2022 07:03:43   #
joehel2 Loc: Cherry Hill, NJ
 
Good advice.

Reply
 
 
May 14, 2022 11:54:44   #
Indi Loc: L. I., NY, Palm Beach Cty when it's cold.
 
TheShoe wrote:
And it is also wise to ask your doctor for an Rx for the Cov-19 pills so you can take them with you as a precaution.


Some advice…
Get the Cov-19 pills before you go. A local pharmacy in another country might not accept an Rx from a U.S. doctor or any doctor not from that country.

Some cautions about the Covid-19 drug, Plaxovid (Paxovid (sp)) which I am currently taking.
If you are on Lipitor, or similar drug, your doctor will probably tell you to stop taking that while on the Plaxovid.

If you are on a blood thinner, like Plavix, the Plaxovid might negate the affects of the Plavix blood thinner possibly leading to blood clots.

I am on both but the blood thinner interaction scared me the most as I have a thick blood condition.

Before you travel out of the country, get checked by your doctor and discuss medications & alternatives needed while traveling.

The suggestion about a 3 week supply of your meds is excellent although I’d probably prefer a month or more. You never know.

Reply
May 14, 2022 15:21:54   #
Alafoto Loc: Montgomery, AL
 
wrangler5 wrote:
FWIW, friends who travel regularly swear that a quick nasal spray of saline solution before a covid test will almost always result in a negative test result.


People who wantonly afflict others with what could be a terminal disease should be tossed overboard at the first sniffle, anywhere on the ship.

Reply
May 14, 2022 15:22:36   #
Alafoto Loc: Montgomery, AL
 
Longshadow wrote:

A bit self-centered?


No. A LOT!

Reply
May 14, 2022 16:02:16   #
Amtrain
 
home brewer wrote:
For those planning to go overseas or on a cruise take enough extra meds for a 3 week quarantine.
We heard the same tale from people going home from a cruise while waiting in the Dubrovnik and Frankfurt airports that many people tested positive on the cruise ship and then were put in quarantine while on ship or sent off to another place. We had the "got to pass the covid 19 test"
hanging over us all 30 days were were in Europe. I think that the USA is the only country that requires at test.
For those planning to go overseas or on a cruise t... (show quote)


I just came back off a Trans-Atlantic cruise, NYC to England. Last Saturday night, May 7th, we had to take a Covid test on the ship. We were told it was MANDATORY for re-entry into the US. We flew back to JFK in NYC and not a word was said about proof of any test.

Reply
 
 
May 15, 2022 13:02:39   #
Old Coot
 
Also just returned from a Europeam trip. Mandatory Covid test for entry to USA no more than 24 hrs before departure. Only way to get one in that time frame was at the Airport. $39 ea.(for a $2. test) Total ripoff.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.