Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
Too Much Security
May 11, 2022 13:30:23   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
While my son's at work, I'm trying to get him signed in on the new Patient Portal at our doctor's. They want to send a verification code to his email. I tried to sign in to his email, but Gmail wants a verification code. I did that and entered it. Now, Google says I have to wait 48 hours so they can verify the account.

In the meantime, I'll trying to call the medical billing department to correct a billing error. All day, "the wait time is longer than normal." If it's always longer than normal, then that's normal.

Reply
May 12, 2022 02:44:59   #
Laramie Loc: Tempe
 
Gmail has been convenient for some years now, but it is becoming a PITA. All the spam is bad enough, but now they want to add "security"? What a joke.

Reply
May 12, 2022 07:00:09   #
nimbushopper Loc: Tampa, FL
 
jerryc41 wrote:
While my son's at work, I'm trying to get him signed in on the new Patient Portal at our doctor's. They want to send a verification code to his email. I tried to sign in to his email, but Gmail wants a verification code. I did that and entered it. Now, Google says I have to wait 48 hours so they can verify the account.

In the meantime, I'll trying to call the medical billing department to correct a billing error. All day, "the wait time is longer than normal." If it's always longer than normal, then that's normal.
While my son's at work, I'm trying to get him sign... (show quote)


The constant"all briefers are busy, please stand by" message of virtually all phone answering systems is most annoying. You are correct that it is the norm today.

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 07:59:02   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
nimbushopper wrote:
The constant"all briefers are busy, please stand by" message of virtually all phone answering systems is most annoying. You are correct that it is the norm today.


I ordered a headset phone from Amazon so I can wear the phone while I wait for someone to answer.

Reply
May 12, 2022 08:53:32   #
alexol
 
Or get a Pixel (I don't know about others Android phones) and it will do the waiting for you, connecting you to a human when someone is available.

Reply
May 12, 2022 10:28:32   #
sgt hop Loc: baltimore md,now in salisbury md
 
i just put phone on speaker and go about my business,carrying the phone......

Reply
May 12, 2022 10:33:38   #
alexol
 
sgt hop wrote:
i just put phone on speaker and go about my business,carrying the phone......


That's my usual approach except the wait for someone at Delta Airlines a couple of days ago was just over a hour, and tech support for another company was about the same.

It is certainly convenient to be able to forget about it entirely until a person becomes available. Great auto call screening too.

It's a poor reason to replace a phone, but something to consider if it's going to happen anyway. And the new Pixel 6a has just been announced at $450, which these days is a pretty good deal.

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 10:47:41   #
sgt hop Loc: baltimore md,now in salisbury md
 
alexol wrote:
That's my usual approach except the wait for someone at Delta Airlines a couple of days ago was just over a hour, and tech support for another company was about the same.

It is certainly convenient to be able to forget about it entirely until a person becomes available. Great auto call screening too.

It's a poor reason to replace a phone, but something to consider if it's going to happen anyway. And the new Pixel 6a has just been announced at $450, which these days is a pretty good deal.
That's my usual approach except the wait for someo... (show quote)


a couple of weeks ago i waited over an hour calling the us gov about renewing my ham license...i do have to say this tho...when connected the guy i talked to was very polite and helpful...solved my problem....

Reply
May 12, 2022 11:01:24   #
Jimmy T Loc: Virginia
 
sgt hop wrote:
i just put phone on speaker and go about my business,carrying the phone......


Works for me too.

Reply
May 12, 2022 13:48:55   #
clint f. Loc: Priest Lake Idaho, Spokane Wa
 
I called and the machine gave me the option of leaving my number so they could call back. Very handy as I could go about my day. Get a call back in 15 minutes or so.

Reply
May 12, 2022 16:30:45   #
sgt hop Loc: baltimore md,now in salisbury md
 
clint f. wrote:
I called and the machine gave me the option of leaving my number so they could call back. Very handy as I could go about my day. Get a call back in 15 minutes or so.


i had the same thing a few times,i forget from where,and never got a call back...like everything else,depends who you are dealing with.....

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 22:39:37   #
jimward Loc: Perth, Western Australia
 
jerryc41 wrote:
While my son's at work, I'm trying to get him signed in on the new Patient Portal at our doctor's. They want to send a verification code to his email. I tried to sign in to his email, but Gmail wants a verification code. I did that and entered it. Now, Google says I have to wait 48 hours so they can verify the account.

In the meantime, I'll trying to call the medical billing department to correct a billing error. All day, "the wait time is longer than normal." If it's always longer than normal, then that's normal.
While my son's at work, I'm trying to get him sign... (show quote)


Jerry, I'm guessing your son is short, so he will have to be a little patient(!)

Reply
May 13, 2022 11:12:31   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
clint f. wrote:
I called and the machine gave me the option of leaving my number so they could call back. Very handy as I could go about my day. Get a call back in 15 minutes or so.


The Amazon call back is within a few minutes.

Reply
May 13, 2022 12:30:20   #
DirtFarmer Loc: Way too close to New York City
 
alexol wrote:
That's my usual approach except the wait for someone at Delta Airlines a couple of days ago was just over a hour, and tech support for another company was about the same.

It is certainly convenient to be able to forget about it entirely until a person becomes available. Great auto call screening too.

It's a poor reason to replace a phone, but something to consider if it's going to happen anyway. And the new Pixel 6a has just been announced at $450, which these days is a pretty good deal.
That's my usual approach except the wait for someo... (show quote)


At that rate, when someone finally answers it will take me a minute to remember whom I called.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.