Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Contests, Challenges, Periodicals
Challenge 11/ 22-24/2021 -Shoes that have a Story
Page <prev 2 of 12 next> last>>
Nov 22, 2021 13:29:31   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
Sidwalkastronomy wrote:
Pat wow good work with a different type of shoe.


Thank you!

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 13:30:02   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
judy juul wrote:
Pat, leave it to you! Very good...going to be FUN!! Think the kale chips got to ya!!


They are good - and thanks, JJ.

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 13:30:49   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
dane004 wrote:
Pat many miles on those shoes🤠



Reply
 
 
Nov 22, 2021 13:36:07   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
When I bought my Z6, I returned to the store to have the firmware updated (long story as to why I couldn't do it at that point). I couldn't resist a shot of the salesperson's shoes... And some other shoes...



Perhaps the person was "beamed up"
Perhaps the person was "beamed up"...

Summer shoes
Summer shoes...

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 13:55:51   #
JustJill Loc: Iowa
 
judy juul wrote:
We would love to see photos of only shoes...They can surely tell a story all by them selves, can't they! So give us just shoes-no bodies or faces..Can be color or B/W...Let us know your connection/history with them and have FUN!


So these are my slippers that I wear around the house. I went to put them on this morning and found an extra. Caramel does like to leave things in our shoes! I hope that does not break the rules of no faces.


(Download)

My hiking boots.
My hiking boots....
(Download)

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 13:55:57   #
Kaskazi Loc: Ontario, Canada
 
Sorry Judy, but I have nothing to offer other than horrible crops. I don't even have any shoes worth taking out to photograph.

But how could I let this challenge go by without drawing your attention to the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, where a daughter worked for a few months during her training in museum and gallery management.

You can poke around their web site at https://batashoemuseum.ca/.

In their Art and Innovation section, (https://batashoemuseum.ca/artandinnovation/) you might enjoy this youtube presentation about indigenous arctic footwear with stunning design and decoration
https://youtu.be/SNVoXdqi2VA

And on select Sunday afternoons, you can take a virtual tour
https://batashoemuseum.ca/virtual-tours/

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 15:17:52   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
Saw these on a deserted beach:


(Download)

Reply
 
 
Nov 22, 2021 15:18:32   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
PAToGraphy wrote:
When I bought my Z6, I returned to the store to have the firmware updated (long story as to why I couldn't do it at that point). I couldn't resist a shot of the salesperson's shoes... And some other shoes...


Quite the variety..Pat!

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 15:19:54   #
ThomJ4 Loc: Meridian, ID
 
These boots have participated in many dozens of military funerals, flag raisings, flag presentations, and grammar school flag and patriotisms education programs. They have witnessed hundreds of flag retirements, marched in parades and stood countless formations on Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and opening ceremonies for special events. These boots are special. Along with hundreds of thousands of active duty, retired military and veterans, they continue to serve and honor this great nation.



Reply
Nov 22, 2021 15:20:07   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
JustJill wrote:
So these are my slippers that I wear around the house. I went to put them on this morning and found an extra. Caramel does like to leave things in our shoes! I hope that does not break the rules of no faces.


Pretty funny that Caramel is at work!

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 15:23:14   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
ThomJ4 wrote:
These boots have participated in many dozens of military funerals, flag raisings, flag presentations, and grammar school flag and patriotisms education programs. They have witnessed hundreds of flag retirements, marched in parades and stood countless formations on Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and opening ceremonies for special events. These boots are special. Along with hundreds of thousands of active duty, retired military and veterans, they continue to serve and honor this great nation.



Reply
 
 
Nov 22, 2021 15:23:41   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
Kaskazi wrote:
Sorry Judy, but I have nothing to offer other than horrible crops. I don't even have any shoes worth taking out to photograph.

But how could I let this challenge go by without drawing your attention to the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, where a daughter worked for a few months during her training in museum and gallery management.

You can poke around their web site at https://batashoemuseum.ca/.

In their Art and Innovation section, (https://batashoemuseum.ca/artandinnovation/) you might enjoy this youtube presentation about indigenous arctic footwear with stunning design and decoration
https://youtu.be/SNVoXdqi2VA

And on select Sunday afternoons, you can take a virtual tour
https://batashoemuseum.ca/virtual-tours/
Sorry Judy, but I have nothing to offer other than... (show quote)


Very interesting way out shoes and the story is interesting ,too!

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 15:27:38   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
judy juul wrote:
She was a Swedish immigrant in the late 1890's. Came to New Haven,Ct. worked as a house maid and met my grandfather at the house she worked at. He was a driver for the family. They married and had my dad-eventually purchased the house I was brought up in. We lived with my grandparents,my dad and mom, and my older sister..My grand ma saved money in the bed mattress during the depression to purchase the house...


My grandmother and her brother, 15 and 12 at the time, came here and lived with relatives in 1895.

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 15:27:50   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
ThomJ4 wrote:
These boots have participated in many dozens of military funerals, flag raisings, flag presentations, and grammar school flag and patriotisms education programs. They have witnessed hundreds of flag retirements, marched in parades and stood countless formations on Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and opening ceremonies for special events. These boots are special. Along with hundreds of thousands of active duty, retired military and veterans, they continue to serve and honor this great nation.


AMEN, Thom!! They are Spit spat condition, too! Thanks from all of us for your service! Very ,Very appropriate!

Reply
Nov 22, 2021 15:29:31   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
JustJill wrote:
So these are my slippers that I wear around the house. I went to put them on this morning and found an extra. Caramel does like to leave things in our shoes! I hope that does not break the rules of no faces.


Is Caramel a cat?

Reply
Page <prev 2 of 12 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Contests, Challenges, Periodicals
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.