Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
For Karin-Benches
Page 1 of 2 next>
Oct 13, 2021 19:50:39   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
Knowing how Karin seems to like benches I photographed a few benches when I visited Devil's Tower National Monument. I even sat on a few during my trek around the base of the tower. Felt good too.

For me Karin is a positive fixture here on the UHH forum. She offers positive comments when she posts and makes members feel good about their own postings. She also offers some nice photos of her own to share.

Thank you Karin. I hope you like these.

Dennis


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 21:12:38   #
Cwilson341 Loc: Central Florida
 
I’m sure Karin will appreciate these. I love them! Very nice collection.

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 21:13:24   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
Cwilson341 wrote:
I’m sure Karin will appreciate these. I love them! Very nice collection.


Thank you so much. Glad you like them.

Dennis

Reply
 
 
Oct 13, 2021 21:39:32   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Good work, Dennis! #2 is my fav.

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 21:44:30   #
Paul B. Loc: North Carolina
 
👍👍

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 22:03:37   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
UTMike wrote:
Good work, Dennis! #2 is my fav.


Thanks Mike. Glad you like them.

Dennis

Reply
Oct 13, 2021 22:20:17   #
NMGal Loc: NE NM
 
A very nice series. I wouldn’t mind trying out a few.

Reply
 
 
Oct 14, 2021 05:38:17   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
Nice benches Dennis.

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 08:32:40   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
NMGal wrote:
A very nice series. I wouldn’t mind trying out a few.


Thank you NMGal. For me the couple I tried during my traipsing around the monument base were very comfortable, certainly inviting. I did ask a few rangers if they had coffee on and they said I was welcome to it. Of course the pot was at the top of the tower. I declined their generous offer.

Dennis

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 08:33:17   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
angler wrote:
Nice benches Dennis.


Thank you angler. They were nice. The scenery around them could not be beat.

Dennis

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 09:05:36   #
merrytexan Loc: georgia
 
dennis2146 wrote:
Knowing how Karin seems to like benches I photographed a few benches when I visited Devil's Tower National Monument. I even sat on a few during my trek around the base of the tower. Felt good too.

For me Karin is a positive fixture here on the UHH forum. She offers positive comments when she posts and makes members feel good about their own postings. She also offers some nice photos of her own to share.

Thank you Karin. I hope you like these.

Dennis


i enjoyed your karin benches, dennis, and my favorite is no 2...what a fabulous view! we visited devil's tower
a few years ago and it was fun hiking and climbing and sitting on the benches to rest and drink some water.

Reply
 
 
Oct 14, 2021 09:43:01   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
merrytexan wrote:
i enjoyed your karin benches, dennis, and my favorite is no 2...what a fabulous view! we visited devil's tower
a few years ago and it was fun hiking and climbing and sitting on the benches to rest and drink some water.


Thank you so much merrytexan. That bench does offer a spectacular view of the valley. Most of the benches are spaced just about right for hikers to have one close by when needed or wanted.

Dennis

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 12:15:50   #
bbrowner Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
 
I had an interesting reaction to your bench pictures.

First of all… they are all very nice pictures… and well done.

Pictures 1, 3 to the end struck me as being very passive. Okay…There are the benches in nice restful settings.

Suddenly # 2 woke me up… a very active picture. It suddenly put me into the scene. I suddenly was not resting looking at the benches. I was put onto the bench… actively surveying the scene. I think the difference was photographing the bench from behind.

Too bad the dead tree was there. But you couldn’t do anything about that. I did put it into Lightroom and erased the dead tree. It helped the overall result. At least for me. Others might disagree. Fine.

Barry

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 15:33:00   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
bbrowner wrote:
I had an interesting reaction to your bench pictures.

First of all… they are all very nice pictures… and well done.

Pictures 1, 3 to the end struck me as being very passive. Okay…There are the benches in nice restful settings.

Suddenly # 2 woke me up… a very active picture. It suddenly put me into the scene. I suddenly was not resting looking at the benches. I was put onto the bench… actively surveying the scene. I think the difference was photographing the bench from behind.

Too bad the dead tree was there. But you couldn’t do anything about that. I did put it into Lightroom and erased the dead tree. It helped the overall result. At least for me. Others might disagree. Fine.

Barry
I had an interesting reaction to your bench pictur... (show quote)


Barry I am not sure what to tell you. I am glad you woke up with number 2. That makes my day. As for the other benches, they are just doing what benches all across the planet do, just sit there until someone pays them a visit. Then those benches feel that butt settle in, get comfy and they hear a sigh from the person at being able to just take a load off for a few minutes while watching the world go by.


Thanks so much for taking a look and for making my day with your comment.

Dennis

Reply
Oct 14, 2021 15:36:38   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
dennis2146 wrote:
Knowing how Karin seems to like benches I photographed a few benches when I visited Devil's Tower National Monument. I even sat on a few during my trek around the base of the tower. Felt good too.

For me Karin is a positive fixture here on the UHH forum. She offers positive comments when she posts and makes members feel good about their own postings. She also offers some nice photos of her own to share.

Thank you Karin. I hope you like these.

Dennis



Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.