Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Film Photography
Rolling Enlarger station
Oct 10, 2021 08:40:19   #
GerryER Loc: Virginia USA
 
For those of us that do not have a dedicated darkroom, I thought that this might be of interest. I took a rolling tool cart with a top cover and transformed it to hold my enlarger, chemicals, etc. The cover is held up by a bracket I made and holds the developing trays; remove the bracket and the cover goes down for storage. I can roll it where I want to do my developing and then move it out of the way when finished. Just thought it might give some ideas to others that don't have the convenience of a separate room.













Reply
Oct 10, 2021 08:47:23   #
jaymatt Loc: Alexandria, Indiana
 
Wow! That is an excellent idea. I wish I had seen this back when I was developing and printing.

Reply
Oct 10, 2021 08:55:06   #
GerryER Loc: Virginia USA
 
jaymatt wrote:
Wow! That is an excellent idea. I wish I had seen this back when I was developing and printing.


I just occassionally fool with B&W 5x7 developing and can tuck this out of the way until needed.

Reply
 
 
Oct 10, 2021 08:56:11   #
jaymatt Loc: Alexandria, Indiana
 
GerryER wrote:
I just occassionally fool with B&W 5x7 developing and can tuck this out of the way until needed.



Reply
Oct 10, 2021 10:11:34   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
Very clever! You will have to be very, very neat & clean with the chemicals. I'd put down a drop cloth as well. Every actual or improvised darkroom I've had or used had a Wet side and a Dry side.

Reply
Oct 11, 2021 07:38:32   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
That is kind of cool.
--Bob
GerryER wrote:
For those of us that do not have a dedicated darkroom, I thought that this might be of interest. I took a rolling tool cart with a top cover and transformed it to hold my enlarger, chemicals, etc. The cover is held up by a bracket I made and holds the developing trays; remove the bracket and the cover goes down for storage. I can roll it where I want to do my developing and then move it out of the way when finished. Just thought it might give some ideas to others that don't have the convenience of a separate room.
For those of us that do not have a dedicated darkr... (show quote)

Reply
Oct 11, 2021 10:16:59   #
AzPicLady Loc: Behind the camera!
 
Very smart!

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Film Photography
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.