Ugly Hedgehog - Photography
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
Bretagne: has certainly a lot nice sand beaches, but also dangerous ones. See here, near Trevignon
Page 1 of 2 next>
Aug 7, 2021 12:45:47   #
Dan' de Bourgogne
 
3 pictures shot at the same spot in Bretagne/France: 47°47'28"N/3°4817"W
21 May 2021, ca.7h45/7h50 am
The night was stormy; low tide was in process, the wind set down 1 hour ago : time to head out having a look on the "beach" (about 50 m away from my bed!).
The air was lovely fresh, smelt like iodine, seaweed and guoëmon. I could have been staying there for hours, enjoying such a beautiful place. OK...really pleasing for a tourist. But the local fishers agree to say they avoid to navigate too near most of the beaches in this area because of all the rocks in not deep in the ground, even near the beach. I wanted to see what they are afraid of. In 2 seconds I understood...You will too!


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 13:04:55   #
peekaboo
 
#1 really catches my eye.

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 13:06:36   #
geoglass
 
Still not as dangerous as this beach was in 1944.

Reply
 
 
Aug 7, 2021 13:28:51   #
joecichjr Loc: Chicago S. Suburbs, Illinois, USA
 
Dan' de Bourgogne wrote:
3 pictures shot at the same spot in Bretagne/France: 47°47'28"N/3°4817"W
21 May 2021, ca.7h45/7h50 am
The night was stormy; low tide was in process, the wind set down 1 hour ago : time to head out having a look on the "beach" (about 50 m away from my bed!).
The air was lovely fresh, smelt like iodine, seaweed and guoëmon. I could have been staying there for hours, enjoying such a beautiful place. OK...really pleasing for a tourist. But the local fishers agree to say they avoid to navigate too near most of the beaches in this area because of all the rocks in not deep in the ground, even near the beach. I wanted to see what they are afraid of. In 2 seconds I understood...You will too!
3 pictures shot at the same spot in Bretagne/Franc... (show quote)


🆒🖤🆒

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 13:36:51   #
tcthome Loc: NJ
 

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 13:41:46   #
Toment Loc: FL, IL
 
Lovely spot esp #3
Thanks for sharing

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 14:02:53   #
Vaun's photography Loc: Bonney Lake, WA
 
Great set of photos! Thanks for sharing. Nice wave action.

Reply
 
 
Aug 7, 2021 15:37:48   #
Dan' de Bourgogne
 
Vaun's photography wrote:
Great set of photos! Thanks for sharing. Nice wave action.


Oh...I would have prefered to have no rain at all during the night before I shot those pictures: a heavy strong wind was also activ from the océan. Waves were certainly impressiv.
I went awake in the night from all the noise sourcing from the sea side. Hélas, the sky was pouring rain! So I went quickly to bed. In the morning, the weather was a bit just pleasing.
Thank You for showing interest.

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 15:51:31   #
Dan' de Bourgogne
 
Toment wrote:
Lovely spot esp #3
Thanks for sharing


Thank You Toment! in fact, all 3 pictures were shot in the same spot...a very little sand spot (ca. 60 m wide). The first 2 pictures are shot direction N/W (so about) and the 3ième one were shot quite E/ES ...so opposite direction. The sky is much lighter (facing sun side): I also like how the sun rays make the rock top heads stand out, because revealing their texture. So is the benefit of early/late sun light: low angle to enhance texture and depth.
Again thank You for Your comment.

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 15:55:46   #
Dan' de Bourgogne
 
tcthome wrote:


Bonsoir tcthome: I'm glad You like it. Thank You for
those 3 émoticones!

Reply
Aug 7, 2021 16:06:34   #
Dan' de Bourgogne
 
geoglass wrote:
Still not as dangerous as this beach was in 1944.


Hello Geoglass! I appreciate Your comment.
I don't know what happened particularly on these little beach in '44...but I know it was certainly much safer at this time to be a fisher here than everywhere in Normandie or in Brest or Lorient (OK...with our technology in 2021, Brest and Lorient are not so far away...but in '44, more than 50 km were enough to feel safe)
Anyway, I share Your point of view: in '44 was better to be home far away off Bretagne.

Reply
 
 
Aug 7, 2021 16:14:19   #
Dan' de Bourgogne
 
peekaboo wrote:
#1 really catches my eye.


Hello peekaaboo (k?)
Thank for Your comment. For me, this picture benefits of this particular light: few little houses stand out because their withe walls are glowing in the rising sun. And some rocks reveal their sharpness and hard texture. I shot it for the same reasons Yourself would have also done.
Again thank You

Reply
Aug 8, 2021 03:56:14   #
Doddy Loc: Barnard Castle-England
 
👍👍

Reply
Aug 8, 2021 06:58:58   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
Dan' de Bourgogne wrote:
3 pictures shot at the same spot in Bretagne/France: 47°47'28"N/3°4817"W
21 May 2021, ca.7h45/7h50 am
The night was stormy; low tide was in process, the wind set down 1 hour ago : time to head out having a look on the "beach" (about 50 m away from my bed!).
The air was lovely fresh, smelt like iodine, seaweed and guoëmon. I could have been staying there for hours, enjoying such a beautiful place. OK...really pleasing for a tourist. But the local fishers agree to say they avoid to navigate too near most of the beaches in this area because of all the rocks in not deep in the ground, even near the beach. I wanted to see what they are afraid of. In 2 seconds I understood...You will too!
3 pictures shot at the same spot in Bretagne/Franc... (show quote)


Great set of images!!!!
I can see what you are talking about with the rocks!!

Reply
Aug 8, 2021 08:00:36   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 
Beautiful images - very nice set!

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com
Copyright 2011-2024 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.