Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Contests, Challenges, Periodicals
Challenge: "Birds of a Feather" May 10th -13th
Page 1 of 43 next> last>>
May 9, 2021 21:26:53   #
ETmom Loc: Elizabeth, Colorado
 
I know we just did "Animals", but after consulting with Lesley, decided to go with anyhow. As Lesley said "It's for the Birds" LOL
I can not call myself a bird watcher, I've just always found them interesting. And for me an abundant source of photo opportunities.

My first set is the Western Meadowlark. It's my favorite bird song. I have fond memories of sitting on the front porch with my grandmother listening to the Meadowlarks.

So lets see all your favorite, or not so favorite birds.


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
May 9, 2021 22:06:18   #
katspangle Loc: Santa Fe NM
 
love that first picture of the lark. I find photographing birds a challenge I really enjoy, so I have lots of pictures.
robin after a bath
robin after a bath...
(Download)
Oriole enjoying some grape jelly
Oriole enjoying some grape jelly...
(Download)
snow geese
snow geese...
(Download)
sandhill cranes
sandhill cranes...
(Download)

Reply
May 9, 2021 22:32:28   #
ETmom Loc: Elizabeth, Colorado
 
katspangle wrote:
love that first picture of the lark. I find photographing birds a challenge I really enjoy, so I have lots of pictures.


Very nice group. Some of bucket list birds. Both theSandhill cranes and the Snow geese, I hear flying over the house, but never have had an opportunity to photograph. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Ellen

Reply
 
 
May 10, 2021 07:36:50   #
RGreenway Loc: Morristown, New Jersey
 
Here is one of my favorite birds, and fortunately, they are becoming more common in my local! This is actually a pair! Check out the female hiding in the background!


(Download)

Reply
May 10, 2021 08:38:46   #
Lonnie77 Loc: Kennedale, Texas
 
Best shot's I could get.





Reply
May 10, 2021 09:08:57   #
ETmom Loc: Elizabeth, Colorado
 
RGreenway wrote:
Here is one of my favorite birds, and fortunately, they are becoming more common in my local! This is actually a pair! Check out the female hiding in the background!


Love the blue on the males. Thanks for sharing.
Ellen

Reply
May 10, 2021 09:10:29   #
ETmom Loc: Elizabeth, Colorado
 
Lonnie77 wrote:
Best shot's I could get.


It works. Do you know what type of hawk it is?

Reply
 
 
May 10, 2021 09:41:42   #
ETmom Loc: Elizabeth, Colorado
 
ETmom wrote:
It works. Do you know what type of hawk it is?


Steller's Jay live in my area year around. I've watched them hide a peanut in a pile of pine needles, and mark the stop with a pine cone.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
May 10, 2021 09:45:15   #
Sunnybuck Loc: Pleasanton, Kansas
 
Hello All,
Thank you ETmom for hosting one of my favorite subjects. It's been a while since I've popped in to visit this awesome site. I hope all is well with the friends I've made over the years here.
Now on topic.... Capturing birds is my favorite photo challenge. The first picture is the bird that started my desire for photography. The second hummer picture was an absolute accident. We both were caught in a torrential rain storm. We took cover on a porch.
I'll have many more birds to share later.


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
May 10, 2021 09:58:29   #
ETmom Loc: Elizabeth, Colorado
 
Sunnybuck wrote:
Hello All,
Thank you ETmon for hosting one of my favorite subjects. It's been a while since I've popped in to visit this awesome site. I hope all is well with the friends I've made over the years here.
Now on topic.... Capturing birds is my favorite photo challenge. The first picture is the bird that started my desire for photography. The second hummer picture was an absolute accident. We both were caught in a torrential rain storm. We took cover on a porch.
I'll have many more birds to share later.
Hello All, br Thank you ETmon for hosting one of ... (show quote)


Thanks for stopping by. #2 as Bob Ross (the painter) used to say, " Happy Accidents". Very cute picture.
Ellen

Reply
May 10, 2021 10:10:05   #
Sunnybuck Loc: Pleasanton, Kansas
 
ETmom wrote:
Thanks for stopping by. #2 as Bob Ross (the painter) used to say, " Happy Accidents". Very cute picture.
Ellen


Thank You Ellen!

Reply
 
 
May 10, 2021 10:11:13   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
ETmom wrote:
I know we just did "Animals", but after consulting with Lesley, decided to go with anyhow. As Lesley said "It's for the Birds" LOL
I can not call myself a bird watcher, I've just always found them interesting. And for me an abundant source of photo opportunities.

My first set is the Western Meadowlark. It's my favorite bird song. I have fond memories of sitting on the front porch with my grandmother listening to the Meadowlarks.

So lets see all your favorite, or not so favorite birds.
I know we just did "Animals", but after ... (show quote)


Well taken.

Reply
May 10, 2021 10:13:38   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
I have some:


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
May 10, 2021 10:14:21   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
Sunnybuck wrote:
Hello All,
Thank you ETmom for hosting one of my favorite subjects. It's been a while since I've popped in to visit this awesome site. I hope all is well with the friends I've made over the years here.
Now on topic.... Capturing birds is my favorite photo challenge. The first picture is the bird that started my desire for photography. The second hummer picture was an absolute accident. We both were caught in a torrential rain storm. We took cover on a porch.
I'll have many more birds to share later.
Hello All, br Thank you ETmom for hosting one of ... (show quote)



Reply
May 10, 2021 10:15:08   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
ETmom wrote:
Steller's Jay live in my area year around. I've watched them hide a peanut in a pile of pine needles, and mark the stop with a pine cone.



Reply
Page 1 of 43 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Contests, Challenges, Periodicals
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.