Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Introduce Yourself
Intro Request
Page 1 of 2 next>
Apr 21, 2021 19:02:24   #
RMCS SS Loc: LS, Missery (just a little SE of Kansas City)
 
Hi
I've been reading Ugly HedgeHog for quite a while, content to read and learn. However comma I see a problem with the more experienced communicating with lesser experienced. I figured out UHH, PS, LR, but DAM has me mystified.
I realize experienced folks use abbreviations, acronyms and acrostics, et cetera, but a little voluntary translation would really be appreciated. Thanks

Reply
Apr 21, 2021 20:15:01   #
rgrenaderphoto Loc: Hollywood, CA
 
DAM like in God Damm?

Reply
Apr 21, 2021 20:15:06   #
Vince68 Loc: Wappingers Falls, NY
 
RMCS SS wrote:
Hi
I've been reading Ugly HedgeHog for quite a while, content to read and learn. However comma I see a problem with the more experienced communicating with lesser experienced. I figured out UHH, PS, LR, but DAM has me mystified.
I realize experienced folks use abbreviations, acronyms and acrostics, et cetera, but a little voluntary translation would really be appreciated. Thanks


DAM = Digital Asset Management. It describes everything we do with our image files from the moment we begin to download them from the memory card or camera.

Reply
 
 
Apr 21, 2021 20:24:24   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
Vince68 wrote:
DAM = Digital Asset Management. It describes everything we do with our image files from the moment we begin to download them from the memory card or camera.

We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

I don't give a damn about DAM.
I just download and use File Explorer.
Life is simple.

Reply
Apr 21, 2021 21:55:12   #
PixelStan77 Loc: Vermont/Chicago
 
RMCS SS wrote:
Hi
I've been reading Ugly HedgeHog for quite a while, content to read and learn. However comma I see a problem with the more experienced communicating with lesser experienced. I figured out UHH, PS, LR, but DAM has me mystified.
I realize experienced folks use abbreviations, acronyms and acrostics, et cetera, but a little voluntary translation would really be appreciated. Thanks


Welcome aboard RMCS SS.Ask questions and post images are a great way to learn.

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 00:42:18   #
RMCS SS Loc: LS, Missery (just a little SE of Kansas City)
 
Thank you all for the welcome, the translation & the opportunity to learn.

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 01:34:16   #
Vince68 Loc: Wappingers Falls, NY
 
Longshadow wrote:
We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

I don't give a damn about DAM.
I just download and use File Explorer.
Life is simple.


Whatever you do with your files to get them off your media card and into your computer, its commonly referred to as Digital Asset Management or DAM these days. You can call it whatever you like or nothing at all. No skin off my back what you call it.

Reply
 
 
Apr 22, 2021 07:34:24   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
Vince68 wrote:
Whatever you do with your files to get them off your media card and into your computer, its commonly referred to as Digital Asset Management or DAM these days. You can call it whatever you like or nothing at all. No skin off my back what you call it.



I disagreed with your use of "WE", NOT what you are doing!
YOU and many others may use DAM (specific software), but saying "WE", collectively, implies to many, especially new people, the WE here do it that way. WE don't, YOU do...

Define "we".....
We professionals?
We perfectionist?
We driven by technology?
We who love to be SUPER organized?
We wannabees?

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 07:34:25   #
bobmcculloch Loc: NYC, NY
 
Welcome to the HOG!

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 07:45:43   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
<hiccup>

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 07:51:18   #
joehel2 Loc: Cherry Hill, NJ
 
Welcome to the forum.

Reply
 
 
Apr 22, 2021 08:38:40   #
photophly Loc: Old Bridge NJ
 
Welcome to the Hog 🦔

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 08:56:18   #
gsmith051 Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN
 
I’ve been more interested in shooting outstanding photos for over 50 years and never used the abbreviation DAM.

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 09:00:02   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
gsmith051 wrote:
I’ve been more interested in shooting outstanding photos for over 50 years and never used the abbreviation DAM.


Neither have I.

Reply
Apr 22, 2021 10:55:16   #
Earnest Botello Loc: Hockley, Texas
 
Welcome to the Forum, enjoy.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Introduce Yourself
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.