Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Canon R5 vs Sony A1
Apr 3, 2021 07:48:16   #
Apr 4, 2021 06:09:57   #
tcthome Loc: Keansburg , NJ
 


I don't really do video so, for me, the R5 would be the best bang for the buck. Or is it the camera I already own the best bang for the buck? If my pockets were deeper I would make the switch to the Sony system.

Apr 4, 2021 07:47:30   #
machia Loc: NJ
 
With no real advantage over the Canon, the Sony camera isn’t worth the money.

 
 
Apr 4, 2021 07:52:46   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
machia wrote:
With no real advantage over the Canon, the Sony camera isn’t worth the money.



Apr 4, 2021 12:15:45   #
JFCoupe Loc: Kent, Washington
 
I read recently that Canon has a R1 in the pipeline. So perhaps in six months this article will be rewritten comparing Canon's R1 to the Sony A1 and it will state that Sony did a masterful job pricing the A1 in the mid $6K range compared to Canon's mid $8K range for the R1.

Not sure that A1 and the R5 are good comparisons.

Apr 4, 2021 13:18:00   #
machia Loc: NJ
 
JFCoupe wrote:
I read recently that Canon has a R1 in the pipeline. So perhaps in six months this article will be rewritten comparing Canon's R1 to the Sony A1 and it will state that Sony did a masterful job pricing the A1 in the mid $6K range compared to Canon's mid $8K range for the R1.

Not sure that A1 and the R5 are good comparisons.

Interesting point you have.
Where’s Nikon in all of this?

Apr 4, 2021 15:52:41   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
JFCoupe wrote:
I read recently that Canon has a R1 in the pipeline. So perhaps in six months this article will be rewritten comparing Canon's R1 to the Sony A1 and it will state that Sony did a masterful job pricing the A1 in the mid $6K range compared to Canon's mid $8K range for the R1.

Not sure that A1 and the R5 are good comparisons.


I agree on the comparison.
A second tier camera geared for enthusiast against the the best pro system Sony can do and they are very comparable except in price.

 
 
Apr 4, 2021 16:07:50   #
JFCoupe Loc: Kent, Washington
 
machia wrote:
Interesting point you have.
Where’s Nikon in all of this?


Nikon has also announced a 'Pro" level mirrorless body shortly after Canon made their announcement. I don't know if there are any real specifics or release dates proposed at this time.

If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.