Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Thoughts on my late Father with photos.
Page 1 of 2 next>
Feb 26, 2021 06:47:34   #
riderxlx Loc: DFW area Texas
 
Since I feel like a part of a world wide family, 'kinda sorta' here at the HOG. I thought I should share a part of my life with you besides the photography theme.
This February, previous Sunday night, the 7th, while most were watching some stupid football game. I was holding my dear and precious dying fathers hand as he passed on at 8:55 PM CST here in Texas.
He was 94 and ½ , a WWII, Korean veteran and National Guard veteran.
Yesterday, Thursday, we buried him at the Dallas–Fort Worth National Cemetery for Veterans. The military representatives were there and presented my Mother the flag. They were married over 72 years. It was moving and respectful.
Now I guess I am posting this is because I want to share a lovely gift my parents always had and I am at 69 years old still trying to learn the lessons from their characters.
Not just me, but others who knew him, and they told me so. Is that:
All my life time I NEVER heard a bad, bitter, negative or curse word come from his lips.
Me ? well I had learn all that ugly stuff on my own and did very well at it too.
Now I work daily to try and live up to his values. He always said that attitude is everything. Bad attitudes cause peoples problems (paraphrasing) but that was his attitude and values.
So, Hoggers, this is my story and this is post on this for today.
God please bless you all as God has blessed me to have loving parents that I have.
Bruce tha loose.


(Download)


(Download)

Feb 26, 2021 07:00:07   #
Ourspolair
 
That is a beautiful tribute to your father. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 26, 2021 07:04:57   #
riderxlx Loc: DFW area Texas
 
Ourspolair wrote:
That is a beautiful tribute to your father. Thanks for sharing.


Thank you brother,
bruce

 
 
Feb 26, 2021 07:06:19   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
So sorry for your loss.
(Not easy at any time...)

Feb 26, 2021 07:10:28   #
riderxlx Loc: DFW area Texas
 
Longshadow wrote:
So sorry for your loss.
(Not easy at any time...)


It sure aint brother, but we had 94 years and that was the blessing but it still hurts. I just wanted to share the good things I learned from him with everyone here.
Thank you the kind words.
bruce

Feb 26, 2021 07:16:46   #
johnsonsjourneys
 
That was beautiful. Made me think of my Dad. Thank you.

Feb 26, 2021 07:18:25   #
riderxlx Loc: DFW area Texas
 
johnsonsjourneys wrote:
That was beautiful. Made me think of my Dad. Thank you.


God bless you brother, never forger him,
bruce

 
 
Feb 26, 2021 07:34:28   #
brobill Loc: Fort Worth, Texas ( Haslet)
 
You have been signally blessed by having a great man to lay down foot steps for you to follow.
As a pastor, I have conducted many services at DFW National. I am always honored to help provide a proper send off for one of our heroes.

Feb 26, 2021 07:43:41   #
riderxlx Loc: DFW area Texas
 
brobill wrote:
You have been signally blessed by having a great man to lay down foot steps for you to follow.
As a pastor, I have conducted many services at DFW National. I am always honored to help provide a proper send off for one of our heroes.


My brother,
If I had known this before I surely would have invited you to come. God bless you and thank you for your reply.
Really, we would have loved to have you.
bruce

Feb 26, 2021 07:51:50   #
brobill Loc: Fort Worth, Texas ( Haslet)
 
Thanks Bruce

Feb 26, 2021 08:11:20   #
jaymatt Loc: Alexandria, Indiana
 

 
 
Feb 26, 2021 09:09:54   #
pbearperry Loc: Massachusetts
 
You were blessed to have such a wonderful Dad. God Bless him and your Mom and family. Sorry for your loss.

Feb 26, 2021 12:00:37   #
PixelStan77 Loc: Vermont/Chicago
 
riderxlx wrote:
Since I feel like a part of a world wide family, 'kinda sorta' here at the HOG. I thought I should share a part of my life with you besides the photography theme.
This February, previous Sunday night, the 7th, while most were watching some stupid football game. I was holding my dear and precious dying fathers hand as he passed on at 8:55 PM CST here in Texas.
He was 94 and ½ , a WWII, Korean veteran and National Guard veteran.
Yesterday, Thursday, we buried him at the Dallas–Fort Worth National Cemetery for Veterans. The military representatives were there and presented my Mother the flag. They were married over 72 years. It was moving and respectful.
Now I guess I am posting this is because I want to share a lovely gift my parents always had and I am at 69 years old still trying to learn the lessons from their characters.
Not just me, but others who knew him, and they told me so. Is that:
All my life time I NEVER heard a bad, bitter, negative or curse word come from his lips.
Me ? well I had learn all that ugly stuff on my own and did very well at it too.
Now I work daily to try and live up to his values. He always said that attitude is everything. Bad attitudes cause peoples problems (paraphrasing) but that was his attitude and values.
So, Hoggers, this is my story and this is post on this for today.
God please bless you all as God has blessed me to have loving parents that I have.
Bruce tha loose.
Since I feel like a part of a world wide family, '... (show quote)


Bruce, Yes you are very blessed. Great memories.I am blessed also but my parents are gone.

Feb 26, 2021 15:29:12   #
dancers Loc: melbourne.victoria, australia
 
I had the best dad too...........he went in 1984 and I miss him very much/. You are firtunate too, that you dad was a lovely, and handsome man. May the rest in peace.

Feb 28, 2021 11:10:22   #
riderxlx Loc: DFW area Texas
 
jaymatt wrote:


Thank you Jay;
bruce

Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.