Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Challenge "Love Stories" 2/15/--2/17/2021
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 next>>
Feb 14, 2021 20:58:16   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
Well, here we are-T'is Valentine's Night and we have a new Challenge "Love Stories"...bet you can conger up some photos that help to tell your story! Could be about friends, family, pets, someone you know...The sky is the limit-
ONLY...must be family friendly!!

So I'll start with a short disclosure...Here's how it went....It takes place Sept. 1962..Bill and I had been dating
since high school days and decided we would marry. So, Bill had a talk with my dad and told him he'd like to marry
his daughter! My dad responded with..." Over my Dead Body''! Quietly, Bill came back with..."If that's how it has to Be!" My dad was dumb founded ...and no more was said ! We were married 10/12/1963-All Happy! This story was a family joke for years ever after!!
Bill and I 1962-engaged
Bill and I 1962-engaged...
My Dad...
My Dad......
(Download)

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 21:08:36   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
OK - not humans, not pets, but this photo of a mom Glossy Ibis with her "chick" always gives me goose bumps and puts a smile on my face. Taken in July, 2017 close to where I live. I call it "The Hug".



| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 21:11:05   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
MadMikeOne wrote:
OK - not humans, not pets, but this photo of a mom Glossy Ibis with her "chick" always gives me goose bumps and puts a smile on my face. Taken in July, 2017 close to where I live. I call it "The Hug".


Great photo, Mike-I've never seen a glossy ibis-every one I've seen is white...Love the HUG!!

| Reply
 
 
Feb 14, 2021 21:12:14   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
judy juul wrote:
Great photo, Mike-I've never seen a glossy ibis-every one I've seen is white...Love the HUG!! Where was this taken?


Thanks!! This was in Ocean City, NJ. We call it "the rookery". Used to be one of my favorite spots for birds, but it's gotten way too crowded with photographers.

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 21:29:29   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
MadMikeOne wrote:
Thanks!! This was in Ocean City, NJ. We call it "the rookery". Used to be one of my favorite spots for birds, but it's gotten way too crowded with photographers.


Glad you shared the photo...I enjoy bird watching and attempting to catch them in photos...challenging ! You must have a pretty heavy duty lens for this photo!

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 21:30:21   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
judy juul wrote:
Well, here we are-T'is Valentine's Night and we have a new Challenge "Love Stories"...bet you can conger up some photos that help to tell your story! Could be about friends, family, pets, someone you know...The sky is the limit-
ONLY...must be family friendly!!

So I'll start with a short disclosure...Here's how it went....It takes place Sept. 1962..Bill and I had been dating
since high school days and decided we would marry. So, Bill had a talk with my dad and told him he'd like to marry
his daughter! My dad responded with..." Over my Dead Body''! Quietly, Bill came back with..."If that's how it has to Be!" My dad was dumb founded ...and no more was said ! We were married 10/12/1963-All Happy! This story was a family joke for years ever after!!
Well, here we are-T'is Valentine's Night and we ha... (show quote)


Wonderful start JJ. I’ll be back.

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 21:33:07   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
PAToGraphy wrote:
Wonderful start JJ. I’ll be back.


Great, bet you've got a few goodies, Pat!

| Reply
 
 
Feb 14, 2021 21:38:30   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
judy juul wrote:
Well, here we are-T'is Valentine's Night and we have a new Challenge "Love Stories"...bet you can conger up some photos that help to tell your story! Could be about friends, family, pets, someone you know...The sky is the limit-
ONLY...must be family friendly!!

So I'll start with a short disclosure...Here's how it went....It takes place Sept. 1962..Bill and I had been dating
since high school days and decided we would marry. So, Bill had a talk with my dad and told him he'd like to marry
his daughter! My dad responded with..." Over my Dead Body''! Quietly, Bill came back with..."If that's how it has to Be!" My dad was dumb founded ...and no more was said ! We were married 10/12/1963-All Happy! This story was a family joke for years ever after!!
Well, here we are-T'is Valentine's Night and we ha... (show quote)


Great story. You and your husband tied the knot 2 years before I graduated from high school - really long time ago!

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 21:40:52   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
judy juul wrote:
Glad you shared the photo...I enjoy bird watching and attempting to catch them in photos...challenging ! You must have a pretty heavy duty lens for this photo!


I believe I took that shot with my Nikon D5200 and the original Tamron 150-600. Pretty sure it was full out at 600mm. I can't be sure because I put this on my iPad, and that just wipes out ll the EXIF data.

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 22:06:22   #
nicksr1125 Loc: Mesa, AZ
 
To tell the whole story would take too long. I met my 2nd wife (Karen) at church in Denver, CO while I was at Lowry AFB for 4 months of advanced schooling in July 1972. The 1st Sunday I was there I attended University Hills Baptist Church. The gentleman who greeted me, showed me to the singles class. The last seat in the room was next to a cute young lady with frosted brunette hair & octagonal glasses. Fast forward to Thanksgiving 1972. I stopped in Denver to see friends on my way to Udorn, Thailand and attended church with them that Sunday. Karen, who was a 2nd LT in the Air Force told me she had orders to Goose Bay, Labrador reporting in March 1973. She gave me her address & asked if I would send her some jewelry which could be purchase CHEAP in Southeast Asia. Forty-three letters later, the last letter I wrote her before I left Thailand, I asked her to marry me. I called her when I stopped in Denver and she said yes. Our 1st kiss was a week before we were married. We celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary last August.


(Download)

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 22:16:29   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
Happy couple. Congrats on your 46 years together.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 14, 2021 23:50:45   #
Rolk Loc: South Central PA
 
judy juul wrote:
Well, here we are-T'is Valentine's Night and we have a new Challenge "Love Stories"...bet you can conger up some photos that help to tell your story! Could be about friends, family, pets, someone you know...The sky is the limit-
ONLY...must be family friendly!!

So I'll start with a short disclosure...Here's how it went....It takes place Sept. 1962..Bill and I had been dating
since high school days and decided we would marry. So, Bill had a talk with my dad and told him he'd like to marry
his daughter! My dad responded with..." Over my Dead Body''! Quietly, Bill came back with..."If that's how it has to Be!" My dad was dumb founded ...and no more was said ! We were married 10/12/1963-All Happy! This story was a family joke for years ever after!!
Well, here we are-T'is Valentine's Night and we ha... (show quote)


What an incredible story, Judy...I love it!!!

Your hubby gets a HUGE "At-A-Boy" from me.
Tim

| Reply
Feb 14, 2021 23:53:34   #
Rolk Loc: South Central PA
 
nicksr1125 wrote:
To tell the whole story would take too long. I met my 2nd wife (Karen) at church in Denver, CO while I was at Lowry AFB for 4 months of advanced schooling in July 1972. The 1st Sunday I was there I attended University Hills Baptist Church. The gentleman who greeted me, showed me to the singles class. The last seat in the room was next to a cute young lady with frosted brunette hair & octagonal glasses. Fast forward to Thanksgiving 1972. I stopped in Denver to see friends on my way to Udorn, Thailand and attended church with them that Sunday. Karen, who was a 2nd LT in the Air Force told me she had orders to Goose Bay, Labrador reporting in March 1973. She gave me her address & asked if I would send her some jewelry which could be purchase CHEAP in Southeast Asia. Forty-three letters later, the last letter I wrote her before I left Thailand, I asked her to marry me. I called her when I stopped in Denver and she said yes. Our 1st kiss was a week before we were married. We celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary last August.
To tell the whole story would take too long. I me... (show quote)


Beautiful story, Nick. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!
Tim

| Reply
Feb 15, 2021 07:40:51   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
MadMikeOne wrote:
I believe I took that shot with my Nikon D5200 and the original Tamron 150-600. Pretty sure it was full out at 600mm. I can't be sure because I put this on my iPad, and that just wipes out ll the EXIF data.


Well, the outcome was terrific..Thanks for the info!

| Reply
Feb 15, 2021 07:43:57   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
nicksr1125 wrote:
To tell the whole story would take too long. I met my 2nd wife (Karen) at church in Denver, CO while I was at Lowry AFB for 4 months of advanced schooling in July 1972. The 1st Sunday I was there I attended University Hills Baptist Church. The gentleman who greeted me, showed me to the singles class. The last seat in the room was next to a cute young lady with frosted brunette hair & octagonal glasses. Fast forward to Thanksgiving 1972. I stopped in Denver to see friends on my way to Udorn, Thailand and attended church with them that Sunday. Karen, who was a 2nd LT in the Air Force told me she had orders to Goose Bay, Labrador reporting in March 1973. She gave me her address & asked if I would send her some jewelry which could be purchase CHEAP in Southeast Asia. Forty-three letters later, the last letter I wrote her before I left Thailand, I asked her to marry me. I called her when I stopped in Denver and she said yes. Our 1st kiss was a week before we were married. We celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary last August.
To tell the whole story would take too long. I me... (show quote)


Great story with a very happy ending! Thanks for sharing!!

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.