Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
Surf and Beach photos chapter 1
Page 1 of 5 next> last>>
Jan 16, 2021 12:34:31   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
As many of my UHH friends know, I LOVE to photograph surfers and also the lifestyle that surrounds the beach and the surfers. I've been looking through thousands of my archive photos and have chosen some hand picked ones that I believe you will enjoy. Since I have so many and the UHH admin has a limit of 10 photos per submission I will submit several "chapters" of these photos. These are all from my "Huntington Beach, CA" archives. If you like these, keep coming back and there will be more to check out in the future. I hope you enjoy them!
Of course, all the photos look best in download mode!
1
1...
(Download)
2
2...
(Download)
3
3...
(Download)
4
4...
(Download)
5
5...
(Download)
6
6...
(Download)
7
7...
(Download)
8
8...
(Download)
9
9...
(Download)
10
10...
(Download)

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 12:40:12   #
PixelStan77 Loc: Vermont/Chicago
 
BrentHarder wrote:
As many of my UHH friends know, I LOVE to photograph surfers and also the lifestyle that surrounds the beach and the surfers. I've been looking through thousands of my archive photos and have chosen some hand picked ones that I believe you will enjoy. Since I have so many and the UHH admin has a limit of 10 photos per submission I will submit several "chapters" of these photos. These are all from my "Huntington Beach, CA" archives. If you like these, keep coming back and there will be more to check out in the future. I hope you enjoy them!
Of course, all the photos look best in download mode!
As many of my UHH friends know, I LOVE to photogra... (show quote)


Brent, IMHO you are a master at photographing surfers and also their lifestyle. Your images have emotional impact.Thanks for sharing your creativity.Your technique captures them sharply.Manual exposure, 1/1,250 sec, f/9, ISO 320

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 12:43:30   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
Thanks a bunch Stan. Your approval of my photos means a lot to me. I am very happy to share the photos with you. Be looking into the future because I will be posting many more soon! I will call them "chapters" and this one is only the first of several.

Reply
 
 
Jan 16, 2021 12:46:05   #
PixelStan77 Loc: Vermont/Chicago
 
BrentHarder wrote:
Thanks a bunch Stan. Your approval of my photos means a lot to me. I am very happy to share the photos with you. Be looking into the future because I will be posting many more soon! I will call them "chapters" and this one is only the first of several.


You are very welome.Look forward to your chapters. Is Manual exposure, 1/1,250 sec, f/9, ISO 320 your typical set up for the surfers?

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 12:55:53   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
Excellent series...! Bravo.

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 12:59:07   #
One Rude Dawg Loc: Athol, ID
 
BrentHarder wrote:
As many of my UHH friends know, I LOVE to photograph surfers and also the lifestyle that surrounds the beach and the surfers. I've been looking through thousands of my archive photos and have chosen some hand picked ones that I believe you will enjoy. Since I have so many and the UHH admin has a limit of 10 photos per submission I will submit several "chapters" of these photos. These are all from my "Huntington Beach, CA" archives. If you like these, keep coming back and there will be more to check out in the future. I hope you enjoy them!
Of course, all the photos look best in download mode!
As many of my UHH friends know, I LOVE to photogra... (show quote)


Great as usual, anxious to see more.

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 13:03:23   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
PixelStan77 wrote:
You are very welome.Look forward to your chapters. Is Manual exposure, 1/1,250 sec, f/9, ISO 320 your typical set up for the surfers?


No, my basic formula is something like this: 1/1000 sec, f/4.5, ISO 200. This is all dependent upon the lighting conditions of course. If it's really bright out the formula might be something like this: 1/1250 sec, f/6.3, ISO 100.
If it's really dark out the formula might be something like this: 1/800 sec, f/4.5, ISO 640, but I prefer to not shoot at less than 1/1000 of a second to freeze the action.

Reply
 
 
Jan 16, 2021 13:04:00   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
sippyjug104 wrote:
Excellent series...! Bravo.


Thanks a ton sippyjug!!

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 13:06:10   #
bertloomis Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
 
Great stuff!

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 13:06:14   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
One Rude Dawg wrote:
Great as usual, anxious to see more.


I'm looking forward to sending more "chapters" of the surf photos to you and my other UHH friends!

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 13:08:33   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
bertloomis wrote:
Great stuff!


Thank you very much bertloomis. Be checking back later for more "chapters" of surfing and surfing lifestyle photos.

Reply
 
 
Jan 16, 2021 13:14:02   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
Great set as usual. Perfect introduction in No. 1 and No.2 shows a certain class. The guy in No.9 must be really good, it looks like his hair is still dry

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 13:24:25   #
joecichjr Loc: Illinois, USA
 
Spectacular colors and thrilling action💕💕

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 13:37:43   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
Great set as usual. Perfect introduction in No. 1 and No.2 shows a certain class. The guy in No.9 must be really good, it looks like his hair is still dry


Thanks a lot Curmudgeon for the compliments on this chapter. The guy in No. 9 just started his heat in the competition and didn't get his hair wet on the paddle out to the lineup. The guy in No. 9 also IS really good or he wouldn't even be in the competition. I love photographing surfers competing because they are all GOOD!!! The quality of my photos increase because the surfers really know what they are doing and surfing is their life!

Reply
Jan 16, 2021 13:38:00   #
Ourspolair
 
Excellent captures. Your reflexes are great - some of these are killer shots. Thanks for continuing to share.

Reply
Page 1 of 5 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.