Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
I See Why Some Call Them Demoncrats West Coast Homelessness
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Aug 21, 2019 09:33:02   #
| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 09:42:13   #
Elaine2025 (a regular here)
 
soba1 wrote:
https://www.wnd.com/2019/08/homeless-crisis-spurs-exodus-of-businesses-from-west-coast-cities/


Democrat rule is always a sad situation, no matter the issue.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 09:46:05   #
yhtomit (a regular here)
 
soba1 wrote:
https://www.wnd.com/2019/08/homeless-crisis-spurs-exodus-of-businesses-from-west-coast-cities/


I really think this problem is connected to illegal immigrants taking jobs away from Americans.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 09:48:02   #
Frank T (a regular here)
 
yhtomit wrote:
I really think this problem is connected to illegal immigrants taking jobs away from Americans.


Of course. Don't worry Vomit, I hear there are a lot of openings at the chicken processing plant in Mississippi. Sounds like you'd be happy there.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 09:57:32   #
yhtomit (a regular here)
 
Frank T wrote:
Of course. Don't worry Vomit, I hear there are a lot of openings at the chicken processing plant in Mississippi. Sounds like you'd be happy there.


Fredo,
I’m not worried about myself. I’m worried about the homeless Americans.
I see you are not.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 10:02:13   #
Steven Seward (a regular here)
 
yhtomit wrote:
I really think this problem is connected to illegal immigrants taking jobs away from Americans.

I think it's worse than that. There are 5 million unfilled jobs in America. That means that just about anybody who wants one can find a job. Most of these people on the streets simply don't want to work for a living, its not that anybody is taking jobs from them. Seattle had a program where they renovated huge apartment complexes to give free rooms to the homeless and they found that they couldn't fill the rooms when they forbade alcohol consumption on the premises. The homeless preferred to live outside where they could drink booz.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 10:50:04   #
Frank T (a regular here)
 
yhtomit wrote:
Fredo,
I’m not worried about myself. I’m worried about the homeless Americans.
I see you are not.


I don't know. I've given a few thousand to charities already this year.
I won't ask you what you've done. Don't want to embarrass you about receiving it.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 11:14:48   #
yhtomit (a regular here)
 
Steven Seward wrote:
I think it's worse than that. There are 5 million unfilled jobs in America. That means that just about anybody who wants one can find a job. Most of these people on the streets simply don't want to work for a living, its not that anybody is taking jobs from them. Seattle had a program where they renovated huge apartment complexes to give free rooms to the homeless and they found that they couldn't fill the rooms when they forbade alcohol consumption on the premises. The homeless preferred to live outside where they could drink booz.
I think it's worse than that. There are 5 millio... (show quote)


I think if they would have set it up as a rehabilitation center they would have had greater success.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 11:16:56   #
yhtomit (a regular here)
 
Frank T wrote:
I don't know. I've given a few thousand to charities already this year.
I won't ask you what you've done. Don't want to embarrass you about receiving it.


No worries frank, I like you are part of the solution.
Remember, volunteering or making donations is an opportunity.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 11:27:11   #
soba1 (a regular here)
 
yhtomit wrote:
I really think this problem is connected to illegal immigrants taking jobs away from Americans.



| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 11:28:18   #
soba1 (a regular here)
 
Steven Seward wrote:
I think it's worse than that. There are 5 million unfilled jobs in America. That means that just about anybody who wants one can find a job. Most of these people on the streets simply don't want to work for a living, its not that anybody is taking jobs from them. Seattle had a program where they renovated huge apartment complexes to give free rooms to the homeless and they found that they couldn't fill the rooms when they forbade alcohol consumption on the premises. The homeless preferred to live outside where they could drink booz.
I think it's worse than that. There are 5 millio... (show quote)


I have heard that as well.
I think if anything the immigrants may be taking the unskilled entry level jobs.
But after the ICE raids in Miss. US citizens filled those jobs.

| Reply
Aug 21, 2019 12:12:01   #
Elaine2025 (a regular here)
 
Steven Seward wrote:
I think it's worse than that. There are 5 million unfilled jobs in America. That means that just about anybody who wants one can find a job. Most of these people on the streets simply don't want to work for a living, its not that anybody is taking jobs from them. Seattle had a program where they renovated huge apartment complexes to give free rooms to the homeless and they found that they couldn't fill the rooms when they forbade alcohol consumption on the premises. The homeless preferred to live outside where they could drink booz.
I think it's worse than that. There are 5 millio... (show quote)


Exactly! People have found they can "get by" on hand outs from the government. It is that simple.

| Reply
Aug 22, 2019 10:47:27   #
BobHartung
 
yhtomit wrote:
I really think this problem is connected to illegal immigrants taking jobs away from Americans.


You are way off base with this meaningless comment.

The article is correct that this is a problem of lax enforcement. It began long ago with the bleeding hearts of this country closed all the residential asylums (which were clearly underfunded) and turned everyone out on the streets even though they did not have the capacity to earn a living or the skills to navigate out ever more complex society.

It will be a long slog, but it is time for every mayor to commit to starting the solution. Enforce laws, and admit that the entire crisis has been to avoid having to book the extreme costs of the problem.

And LA throwing $650,000 or more per unit to house these people is not the answer.

| Reply
Aug 22, 2019 11:05:55   #
yhtomit (a regular here)
 
BobHartung wrote:
You are way off base with this meaningless comment.

The article is correct that this is a problem of lax enforcement. It began long ago with the bleeding hearts of this country closed all the residential asylums (which were clearly underfunded) and turned everyone out on the streets even though they did not have the capacity to earn a living or the skills to navigate out ever more complex society.

It will be a long slog, but it is time for every mayor to commit to starting the solution. Enforce laws, and admit that the entire crisis has been to avoid having to book the extreme costs of the problem.

And LA throwing $650,000 or more per unit to house these people is not the answer.
You are way off base with this meaningless comment... (show quote)


Meaningless? Yet you found meaning and commented on it.
Illegal immigration is a major contributor and the mentally being let loose on our streets.
I am a big proponent of creating rehabilitation/education facilities for the homeless. You?

| Reply
Aug 22, 2019 13:21:26   #
Elaine2025 (a regular here)
 
BobHartung wrote:
You are way off base with this meaningless comment.

The article is correct that this is a problem of lax enforcement. It began long ago with the bleeding hearts of this country closed all the residential asylums (which were clearly underfunded) and turned everyone out on the streets even though they did not have the capacity to earn a living or the skills to navigate out ever more complex society.

It will be a long slog, but it is time for every mayor to commit to starting the solution. Enforce laws, and admit that the entire crisis has been to avoid having to book the extreme costs of the problem.

And LA throwing $650,000 or more per unit to house these people is not the answer.
You are way off base with this meaningless comment... (show quote)



| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.