Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Yellow Rose w/ Tiny Visitor.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Jun 9, 2019 16:01:54   #
SoHillGuy
 
Visitor, found after photo taken.


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 16:11:36   #
napabob (a regular here)
 
SoHillGuy wrote:
Visitor, found after photo taken.


lovely shots, it's a thrips, a frequent visitor to many flowers

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 16:25:07   #
SoHillGuy
 
napabob wrote:
lovely shots, it's a thrips, a frequent visitor to many flowers


Thanks for the ID.

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 16:30:15   #
SoHillGuy
 
napabob wrote:
lovely shots, it's a thrips, a frequent visitor to many flowers


***
I didn't know about thrips so I went in search of information which led me to this site: https://www.planetnatural.com/pest-problem-solver/houseplant-pests/thrips-control/

They are less than 1/25 inch in length.

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 16:33:01   #
napabob (a regular here)
 
SoHillGuy wrote:
***
I didn't know about thrips so I went in search of information which led me to this site: https://www.planetnatural.com/pest-problem-solver/houseplant-pests/thrips-control/

They are less than 1/25 inch in length.


the black eyes often give em away

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 18:50:02   #
DOOK (a regular here)
 
Nice clear shots, Gaylord. Welcome to Close up.

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 19:17:26   #
SoHillGuy
 
DOOK wrote:
Nice clear shots, Gaylord. Welcome to Close up.


***
The second picture is a crop from the first picture.

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 15:52:14   #
Dixiegirl (a regular here)
 
What a magnificent yellow rose, Gaylord, and a beautiful shot as well!

| Reply
Jun 10, 2019 16:39:02   #
SoHillGuy
 
Dixiegirl wrote:
What a magnificent yellow rose, Gaylord, and a beautiful shot as well!


***
Most of the time I don't take pictures of flowers unless they are part of a scenic.
Thank you for the kind comment.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.