Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Old man roo.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Apr 10, 2019 17:44:09   #
DOOK (a regular here)
 
In Australia, an older buck, especially an alpha male, or one that's a bit of a loner is sometimes called an old man roo. This one is very tame & hangs out around campers at Red Cliff, which is a local camping reserve near a remote beach. Downloading is recommended.

P1000.


(Download)


(Download)
With the resident guinea fowl.
With the resident guinea fowl....
(Download)
A zoomed in portrait.
A zoomed in portrait....
(Download)

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 17:47:10   #
dancers (a regular here)
 
he could tell a tale or two! Great picture, Earl.

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 18:10:46   #
CindyHouk (a regular here)
 
These are wonderful...love the close up in the last one.

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 18:15:03   #
Dixiegirl (a regular here)
 
Nice shots, Earl.

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 18:40:16   #
J-SPEIGHT (a regular here)
 
DOOK wrote:
In Australia, an older buck, especially an alpha male, or one that's a bit of a loner is sometimes called an old man roo. This one is very tame & hangs out around campers at Red Cliff, which is a local camping reserve near a remote beach. Downloading is recommended.

P1000.


Nice shots Earl.

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 18:45:47   #
Tom DePuy (a regular here)
 
Nice Earl...

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 19:36:34   #
Jim-Pops (a regular here)
 
Interesting story. How old do they get on an average?

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 19:59:11   #
dancers (a regular here)
 
Jim-Pops wrote:
Interesting story. How old do they get on an average?


8 to 12 years in the wild and up to 20 years in captivity.

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 20:06:20   #
Jim-Pops (a regular here)
 
dancers wrote:
8 to 12 years in the wild and up to 20 years in captivity.


Thats very impressive that the captivity increases their life span by so much. Hats off to AUSTRALIANS.

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 20:14:25   #
dancers (a regular here)
 
Jim-Pops wrote:
Thats very impressive that the captivity increases their life span by so much. Hats off to Austrians.


AUSTRALIANS...NOT AUSTRIANS..................!!!!!Wrong hemisphere..

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 20:21:07   #
Irvingite Charles (a regular here)
 

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 20:23:09   #
Jim-Pops (a regular here)
 
dancers wrote:
AUSTRALIANS...NOT AUSTRIANS..................!!!!!Wrong hemisphere..


I know better. I new what I ment but......
Anyway what a smuck I am.

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 20:33:34   #
dancers (a regular here)
 
Jim-Pops wrote:
I know better. I new what I ment but......
Anyway what a smuck I am.


go stand in the corner...and NO lunch for you .!!!LOL

| Reply
Apr 10, 2019 23:24:32   #
kpmac (a regular here)
 
Nice set, Earl.

| Reply
Apr 11, 2019 00:05:03   #
Sylvias (a regular here)
 
Very good set Earl.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.