Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Printing Questions
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Mar 25, 2019 08:19:11   #
Strucar2
 
I have a pixma pro 100. Here is my question. What’s the best way to go at it, through LR print mod, Photoshop print or using print studio pro ? Plus I have 11x14 inch paper and I can’t find a setting for that size in any of the print modules.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:22:15   #
mizzee (a regular here)
 
Print studio pro! Gives you more control. Before I started using it, I had issues with the printed images coming out dingey. I calibrated my monitor, beefed up brightness, etc., nothing. Now it’s all good!

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:23:54   #
Strucar2
 
Maybe it’s my monitor, was calibrating difficult? Did it make a huge difference?

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:24:48   #
jeep_daddy (a regular here)
 
mizzee wrote:
Print studio pro! Gives you more control. Before I started using it, I had issues with the printed images coming out dingey. I calibrated my monitor, beefed up brightness, etc., nothing. Now it’s all good!


Yes, Print Studio Pro all the way. If you were to call Canon, they'd recommend that you use PSP too. It's the easiest way to print and use ICC profiles and paper sizes. If you have any questions after you start using it, come back here and ask. Many of us use PSP.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:27:41   #
Strucar2
 
I do have questions. 1. I can’t find 11x14 size in the drop down menus. 2. I am using red river paper and have downloaded the icc profile for it but can’t find it in psp when I print.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:44:38   #
MichaelH
 
Strucar2 wrote:
I do have questions. 1. I can’t find 11x14 size in the drop down menus. 2. I am using red river paper and have downloaded the icc profile for it but can’t find it in psp when I print.


Red River Paper on printing borderless to 11 x 14 on a Canon printer:

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/how-to-print-11x14-borderless-canon-inkjet-printer.html

To print to 11 x 14 with borders maybe you just create a Custom paper size.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:47:03   #
bluezzzzz
 
Strucar2 wrote:
I do have questions. 1. I can’t find 11x14 size in the drop down menus. 2. I am using red river paper and have downloaded the icc profile for it but can’t find it in psp when I print.


In the drop down menu of paper sizes click a selection called "Custom." That will bring up a box where you can enter height and width for your 11x 14 paper.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:49:04   #
riksik
 
I have the same problem can't see a 11X14 option.
I'm using Windows 10. I asked Canon about it and all they said was to make sure I downloaded the drivers. I did. I even deleted the printer and re-installed. Nothing
I use Corel and even through there I don't have a 11x14 option. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is?!

| Reply
Mar 25, 2019 08:49:14   #
Strucar2
 
Thank-you.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 07:15:24   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
mizzee wrote:
Print studio pro! Gives you more control. Before I started using it, I had issues with the printed images coming out dingey. I calibrated my monitor, beefed up brightness, etc., nothing. Now it’s all good!


The latest version is available here (somewhere).

https://www.canon.com.cy/support/

Maybe here -
https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/product_ranges/printers/pixma/

https://www.canon.com.cy/printers/inkjet/pixma/professional_photo_printers/print_studio_pro/

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 07:30:14   #
DavidPine
 
Strucar2 wrote:
I have a pixma pro 100. Here is my question. What’s the best way to go at it, through LR print mod, Photoshop print or using print studio pro ? Plus I have 11x14 inch paper and I can’t find a setting for that size in any of the print modules.


Use Canon's Print Studio Pro, Canon Paper and Ink. You won't be sorry. I have two Pixma Pro 100's and love them. If you have trouble call Canon and they'll fix you right up. There technical support is great!

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 11:34:47   #
PGHphoto
 
Strucar2 wrote:
I have a pixma pro 100. Here is my question. What’s the best way to go at it, through LR print mod, Photoshop print or using print studio pro ? Plus I have 11x14 inch paper and I can’t find a setting for that size in any of the print modules.


Canon Print studio gives the most control but LR print function can do everything and the print quality is the same. I only use the Canon software to do 13.5 x 23 printing. LR doesn't handle that well with 13x19 being the biggest it seems to handle.

And using the custom paper setup is the only way to print (that I am aware of) 11x14 in either software

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 14:01:38   #
JaiGieEse
 
Print Studio Pro seems to be a fine product - but it is a CANON product. I use an Epson SureColor P800, so this app will not work for me.

I have tried printing directly from LR and same for PhotoShop. However, I seem to get the better, most acceptable, color-correct results by exporting a high-res TIFF from LR Classic and then placing that into InDesign for printing.

Any comments or suggestions for the Epson SureColor P800? (and no, I am NOT interested in buying a Canon printer ....)

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 18:22:42   #
clickety
 
JaiGieEse wrote:
Print Studio Pro seems to be a fine product - but it is a CANON product. I use an Epson SureColor P800, so this app will not work for me.

I have tried printing directly from LR and same for PhotoShop. However, I seem to get the better, most acceptable, color-correct results by exporting a high-res TIFF from LR Classic and then placing that into InDesign for printing.

Any comments or suggestions for the Epson SureColor P800? (and no, I am NOT interested in buying a Canon printer ....)
Print Studio Pro seems to be a fine product - but ... (show quote)


Interesting but,

The Op has Canon
The op asked about Canon
The post is about Canon

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 21:39:50   #
Machinedoc
 
The Canon Print Studio Pro plugins for LR and PS are the way to go - they really simplify the printing process.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.