Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Loading plugins to PaintShop Pro
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Mar 22, 2019 18:00:14   #
DebAnn (a regular here)
 
No matter what I do, I can't get PaintShop Pro to load plugins. I followed the provided info on Corel's website and on sites I googled. I have Topaz BW Effects in my program files and I see the little blue spinning circle after clicking OK on the plugins process. But it isn't in PSP when I open a file. Can someone please give me a simple step-by-step process, indicating where there might be a problem. Loading a plugin to Photoshop is so simple.

Thanks,
Deb

| Reply
Mar 22, 2019 18:48:36   #
fetzler
 
Here are the instructions. The following is from HELP.

File -> Preferences -> File Locations -> Plug-ins

Use check box to enable plugins and then add the directories for the plugins. Topaz plugins should be in a directory called Topaz labs. This directory will be under programs select both 32 bit and 64 bit versions if you have a 64 bit machine.

| Reply
Mar 22, 2019 19:01:26   #
DebAnn (a regular here)
 
fetzler wrote:
Here are the instructions. The following is from HELP.

File -> Preferences -> File Locations -> Plug-ins

Use check box to enable plugins and then add the directories for the plugins. Topaz plugins should be in a directory called Topaz labs. This directory will be under programs select both 32 bit and 64 bit versions if you have a 64 bit machine.


For some reason, I have 2 Topaz plugins in my Programs folder but they are not inside a Topaz Labs folder. Could that be the problem?

| Reply
Mar 22, 2019 20:55:17   #
Bill_de (a regular here)
 
DebAnn wrote:
For some reason, I have 2 Topaz plugins in my Programs folder but they are not inside a Topaz Labs folder. Could that be the problem?



I think this video (5 min) will answer the question on file location.

https://learn.corel.com/tutorials/installing-plugins-for-paintshop-pro/

---

| Reply
Mar 23, 2019 07:48:03   #
DebAnn (a regular here)
 
Bill_de wrote:
I think this video (5 min) will answer the question on file location.

https://learn.corel.com/tutorials/installing-plugins-for-paintshop-pro/

---


Thank you Bill. Got it now.

| Reply
Mar 23, 2019 21:06:39   #
DBQ49er
 
DebAnn wrote:
Thank you Bill. Got it now.


Does "got it now" mean you got it installed? Did you just download BW effects? In your download folder you should see asbweffects. Click on this application and it will install in the correct programs folder either programs files or programs files (x86). After opening PSP click on "file", scroll down to preferences, file locations and find this screen.


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 23, 2019 22:12:44   #
DebAnn (a regular here)
 
DBQ49er wrote:
Does "got it now" mean you got it installed? Did you just download BW effects? In your download folder you should see asbweffects. Click on this application and it will install in the correct programs folder either programs files or programs files (x86). After opening PSP click on "file", scroll down to preferences, file locations and find this screen.


Yes, I got it installed - plus a couple other Topaz plugins that I'm going to play with.

Thanks,
Deb

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.