Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Challenge: Free Sunday - March 3, 2019
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 next>>
Mar 2, 2019 20:48:33   #
lhammer43 Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
A couple of nice challenges last week, quite a collection of collectibles, Transbuff, and you awakened quite a few Photogirl. Thanks for hosting these nice postings. Some awakenings were sad. Will miss the participation, but can’t say the avatar will be missed. So long!
It’s free Sunday once again. Love to see what you have to share that you haven’t already or have reworked for a new take. I actually got out and shot some new stuff this past week. IPhone on some near the mail boxes (it’s all I had with me), and close by in the back yard and the neighbors. It’s all about what’s blooming……
….this Saturday morning’s paper says so!
….this Saturday morning’s paper says so!...
(Download)
Near the mail boxes
Near the mail boxes...
(Download)
Trumpet vines from the neighbor’s grace our back fence with blooms already.
Trumpet vines from the neighbor’s grace our back f...
(Download)
On the next door rose bushes has really blossomed.
On the next door rose bushes has really blossomed....
(Download)
Coming to your area soon….well in a month or two for some maybe.
Coming to your area soon….well in a month or two f...
(Download)

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 21:32:13   #
Roadrunner Loc: Quebec, Canada
 
Thanks once again, Larry

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 21:54:52   #
William Loc: Mississippi
 
my favorite post on UHH
thanks for all you do too
Bill@

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:06:16   #
SueScott Loc: Hammondsville, Ohio
 
Thanks for hosting Larry - you're very much appreciated!

This past week we had a visiting raccoon who tried to dismantle our gas grill so we trapped him Wednesday night and relocated him the next morning.
First contact, last Saturday night
First contact, last Saturday night...
(Download)
Busted! Thursday morning
Busted!  Thursday morning...
(Download)
The relocation team
The relocation team...
(Download)
The shutter speed was a bit slow but you get the idea!
The shutter speed was a bit slow but you get the i...
(Download)

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:11:51   #
Transbuff1985 Loc: east central Iowa
 
SueScott wrote:
Thanks for hosting Larry - you're very much appreciated!

This past week we had a visiting raccoon who tried to dismantle our gas grill so we trapped him Wednesday night and relocated him the next morning.


Nice ones Sue like that last one of the escape. Just out of curiosity how far did they go with it? I had one last year, they recommend 20 miles away from people, no township. Let me say that is getting a little hard to accomplish around here.

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:20:37   #
Sunnybuck Loc: Pleasanton, Kansas
 
SueScott wrote:
Thanks for hosting Larry - you're very much appreciated!

This past week we had a visiting raccoon who tried to dismantle our gas grill so we trapped him Wednesday night and relocated him the next morning.


This is a great story Sue. Sorry, I had to giggle just a little. I need your relocation team.... We apparently have squirrels in the attic. We've set live traps, but either they don't trip the trap or the squirrels are smarter than the average bear. Either way, we still have them.

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:22:45   #
SueScott Loc: Hammondsville, Ohio
 
Transbuff1985 wrote:
Nice ones Sue like that last one of the escape. Just out of curiosity how far did they go with it? I had one last year, they recommend 20 miles away from people, no township. Let me say that is getting a little hard to accomplish around here.


There's a wildlife refuge about 5 miles from us and over a mile from the nearest house. We've taken at least 8 raccoons out there in the past couple of years - they like to dig up my newly planted flowers each spring.

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:26:12   #
Sunnybuck Loc: Pleasanton, Kansas
 
lhammer43 wrote:
A couple of nice challenges last week, quite a collection of collectibles, Transbuff, and you awakened quite a few Photogirl. Thanks for hosting these nice postings. Some awakenings were sad. Will miss the participation, but can’t say the avatar will be missed. So long!
It’s free Sunday once again. Love to see what you have to share that you haven’t already or have reworked for a new take. I actually got out and shot some new stuff this past week. IPhone on some near the mail boxes (it’s all I had with me), and close by in the back yard and the neighbors. It’s all about what’s blooming……
A couple of nice challenges last week, quite a col... (show quote)


Larry, glad to see you've gotten out a bit this week.. Thanks for hosting another Free Sunday. I especially like your collages. But I'm envious.. Your neighbors trumpet vine is blooming already... I don't even have a fresh new leaf on mine.

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:28:31   #
Roadrunner Loc: Quebec, Canada
 
SueScott wrote:
Thanks for hosting Larry - you're very much appreciated!

This past week we had a visiting raccoon who tried to dismantle our gas grill so we trapped him Wednesday night and relocated him the next morning.


VERY familiar,,,been there often, done it too. Take them at least 10 miles away or they'll find their way back

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:29:45   #
Roadrunner Loc: Quebec, Canada
 
''Walking the Dog'' Rufus Thomas 1965


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:31:46   #
Sunnybuck Loc: Pleasanton, Kansas
 
Roadrunner wrote:
''Walking the Dog'' Rufus Thomas 1965


Nice one RR. There's that cliff behind the houses again. Way too close for my liking.

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:48:26   #
Sunnybuck Loc: Pleasanton, Kansas
 
I've been waiting since Tuesday to share these. I think it's a Red Tailed Hawk. He almost startled me. I just happened to walk by and look out the kitchen window and there he was sitting on my back fence. It's quite an unusual site to have them this close. Knowing my cat was outside, I immediately became a bit concerned and grabbed the camera.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:51:04   #
chipdog902
 
Great stuff! Love the monochrome best. It is amazing how he really blends in. Thank you

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 22:59:24   #
Sunnybuck Loc: Pleasanton, Kansas
 
chipdog902 wrote:
Great stuff! Love the monochrome best. It is amazing how he really blends in. Thank you


Thank You Chipdog902. It was rather exhilarating seeing him here.

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 23:13:22   #
kay55 Loc: NE Ohio
 
Sunnybuck wrote:
I've been waiting since Tuesday to share these. I think it's a Red Tailed Hawk. He almost startled me. I just happened to walk by and look out the kitchen window and there he was sitting on my back fence. It's quite an unusual site to have them this close. Knowing my cat was outside, I immediately became a bit concerned and grabbed the camera.


Pg 1, very nice capture

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.