Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Correcting a worldwide Internet error
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Feb 2, 2019 00:03:34   #
hasslichhog
 
The MAGA headpiece is a CAP, not a hat. Don't continue to be a part of the ignorant worldwide crowd.

| Reply
Feb 2, 2019 00:51:12   #
thom w (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
The MAGA headpiece is a CAP, not a hat. Don't continue to be a part of the ignorant worldwide crowd.


You must live an extremely uneventful life.

hat noun
\ ˈhat \
Definition of hat (Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a covering for the head usually having a shaped crown and brim
2a : a distinctive head covering worn as a symbol of office
b : an office, position, or role assumed by or as if by the wearing of a special hat
wore many hats in her career
under one's hat
: not disclosed
kept the news under his hat
hat verb
hatted; hatting
Definition of hat (Entry 2 of 2)
transitive verb

: to furnish or provide with a hat
intransitive verb

: to make or supply hats

Dictionary

Search for a word
cap1Dictionary result for cap
/kap/Submit
noun
1.
a kind of soft, flat hat without a brim and typically with a visor.
2.
a protective lid or cover for an object such as a bottle, the point of a pen, or a camera lens.
synonyms: lid, top, stopper, cork, bung, spile; More
verb
1.
put a lid or cover on.
"he capped his pen"
2.
provide a fitting climax or conclusion to.
"he capped a memorable season by becoming champion"
synonyms: round off, crown, be a fitting climax to, put the finishing touch/touches to, perfect, complete
"his innings capped a great day for the Australians"

While you are correct that it is a cap. you are absolutely wrong about it not being a hat.
Now, don't you feel foolish. You could have checked yourself in seconds before making your foolish and paternalistic post.

Sometimes Know it alls don't know anything.

https://www.google.com/search?q=know+it+alls+quotes&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS811US811&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=cKeuM9DLJzooZM%253A%252CUrpopS7uit-fLM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kSvH5tH1r3-FDlzyQ1HF2Co9rJKlw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1p__xrZzgAhXACTQIHZAqCHsQ9QEwAnoECAIQCA#imgrc=cKeuM9DLJzooZM:

| Reply
Feb 2, 2019 12:11:14   #
hasslichhog
 
"You must live an extremely uneventful life."

Ergo, yours must be significantly worse because you replied. Not effectively, though. (smirk)

The "MAGA" headpiece is a cap, not a hat because it has only a partial brim, not a 360-degree brim as a hat has.

| Reply
Feb 2, 2019 13:24:00   #
thom w (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
"You must live an extremely uneventful life."

Ergo, yours must be significantly worse because you replied. Not effectively, though. (smirk)

The "MAGA" headpiece is a cap, not a hat because it has only a partial brim, not a 360-degree brim as a hat has.


Who do I believe as to the definition of a hat, you, or websters? Caps are included in the definition of hat. Not all hats are caps. All caps that go on peoples heads are hats. Your argument is not with me, it’s with the editors at merriam webster. It would seem you have a duty to contact them, and publishers of other dictionaries, and straighten them out.

The definition of a cap is “a type of hat”.

| Reply
Feb 2, 2019 15:47:43   #
Texcaster (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
The MAGA headpiece is a CAP, not a hat. Don't continue to be a part of the ignorant worldwide crowd.


"the little red cap people " will never be as poetic as "the little red hat people".

| Reply
Feb 3, 2019 12:44:28   #
FRENCHY (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
The MAGA headpiece is a CAP, not a hat. Don't continue to be a part of the ignorant worldwide crowd.




They don't like the MAGA thingy, they don't care about a cap or a chapeau, just another bitching and fumigation from the left.

| Reply
Feb 3, 2019 13:59:08   #
LWW (a regular here)
 
thom w wrote:
You must live an extremely uneventful life.

hat noun
\ ˈhat \
Definition of hat (Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a covering for the head usually having a shaped crown and brim
2a : a distinctive head covering worn as a symbol of office
b : an office, position, or role assumed by or as if by the wearing of a special hat
wore many hats in her career
under one's hat
: not disclosed
kept the news under his hat
hat verb
hatted; hatting
Definition of hat (Entry 2 of 2)
transitive verb

: to furnish or provide with a hat
intransitive verb

: to make or supply hats

Dictionary

Search for a word
cap1Dictionary result for cap
/kap/Submit
noun
1.
a kind of soft, flat hat without a brim and typically with a visor.
2.
a protective lid or cover for an object such as a bottle, the point of a pen, or a camera lens.
synonyms: lid, top, stopper, cork, bung, spile; More
verb
1.
put a lid or cover on.
"he capped his pen"
2.
provide a fitting climax or conclusion to.
"he capped a memorable season by becoming champion"
synonyms: round off, crown, be a fitting climax to, put the finishing touch/touches to, perfect, complete
"his innings capped a great day for the Australians"

While you are correct that it is a cap. you are absolutely wrong about it not being a hat.
Now, don't you feel foolish. You could have checked yourself in seconds before making your foolish and paternalistic post.

Sometimes Know it alls don't know anything.

https://www.google.com/search?q=know+it+alls+quotes&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS811US811&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=cKeuM9DLJzooZM%253A%252CUrpopS7uit-fLM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kSvH5tH1r3-FDlzyQ1HF2Co9rJKlw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1p__xrZzgAhXACTQIHZAqCHsQ9QEwAnoECAIQCA#imgrc=cKeuM9DLJzooZM:
You must live an extremely uneventful life. br br... (show quote)


It takes a special kind of person to have posted that.

| Reply
Feb 3, 2019 20:16:17   #
Texcaster (a regular here)
 
LWW wrote:
It takes a special kind of person to have posted that.


... anything a Chinese made little red hat could fix?

| Reply
Feb 3, 2019 21:04:38   #
Angmo (a regular here)
 
LWW wrote:
It takes a special kind of person to have posted that.


Special needs perhaps.

| Reply
Feb 3, 2019 23:03:11   #
thom w (a regular here)
 
Angmo wrote:
Special needs perhaps.


Whatever, my post was accurate, and supported by dictionaries. His was a foolish rant that was also wrong.

| Reply
Feb 3, 2019 23:05:49   #
thom w (a regular here)
 
LWW wrote:
It takes a special kind of person to have posted that.


But the rant I was responding to was normal in your eyes? That’s enlightening, or would be if I didn’t already have a pretty accurate picture of you.

| Reply
Feb 4, 2019 01:09:20   #
Texcaster (a regular here)
 
thom w wrote:
But the rant I was responding to was normal in your eyes? That’s enlightening, or would be if I didn’t already have a pretty accurate picture of you.


Who knew? This all sounds very grabby Babylon!

Little Red Hat lyrics - Snookie and Jimmy Curry

JIM
We get in the car.
I step on the gas.
I open ‘er up.
A-travellin’ fast.
I find us a spot.
Where no one is at.
Then I reach across and grab her little red hat!


She’s startin’ to yell.
(SNOOKIE yells)
I tell her to hush.
She’s startin’ to run.
And then with a rush
I fly through the air
I’m pinnin’ her flat—
‘Cause I won’t go home without her little red hat!


SNOOKIE
My little red hat!


https://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/110intheshade/littleredhat.htm

| Reply
Feb 4, 2019 01:33:28   #
Texcaster (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
"You must live an extremely uneventful life."

Ergo, yours must be significantly worse because you replied. Not effectively, though. (smirk)

The "MAGA" headpiece is a cap, not a hat because it has only a partial brim, not a 360-degree brim as a hat has.


.






"Which one of you Trumps can get ol' Capt'n a deal on them little red hats?"



| Reply
Feb 4, 2019 08:40:16   #
Angmo (a regular here)
 
Texcaster wrote:
.






"Which one of you Trumps can get ol' Capt'n a deal on them little red hats?"


They’re free.

| Reply
Feb 4, 2019 08:46:05   #
wilpharm (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
The MAGA headpiece is a CAP, not a hat. Don't continue to be a part of the ignorant worldwide crowd.


your point????????????

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.