Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Color lacking in pictures of fall leaves.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Nov 8, 2018 10:31:42   #
Blaster34 (a regular here)
 
CaptainPhoto wrote:
Lonewolf 456 - I don't either. No matter what, there always seems to be some ###### on this site that needs to make some unnecessary and unwanted comment. I just don't get it. It happens all too often, and it's not called for. Some new photographer to this site is just asking a simple question to get some feedback about something they don't understand and along comes #### running off at the mouth(keyboard) with inappropriate comments. I was under the impression that this site was about sharing our experience and skills with other upcoming photographers. My mother always taught us when we were kids, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
I think that the administrators or monitors of this site need to put out a warning to the person(s) making unwelcome comments that if they continue to make crass remarks they will be banned from this site. I for one am sick and tired of having to see inappropriate comments.
Lonewolf 456 - I don't either. No matter what, the... (show quote)


I didn't think the comment was that crass, snarky, yes....just shows the author has no idea of what the word 'respect' actually means. Seem like the entire country/world is now lacking in respect. Now if its profane, vulgar, racist or other types of hate speech, yes by all means ban them but to get into censoring....well, might be going too far

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 10:34:35   #
dsmeltz (a regular here)
 
Leitz wrote:
I apologise if my comment was beyond your powers of comprehension.


Your comments are not beyond comprehension. They are however beyond appropriate, below useful and generally useless.

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 10:35:19   #
Blaster34 (a regular here)
 
dsmeltz wrote:
Your comments are not beyond comprehension. They are however beyond appropriate, below useful and generally useless.



| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 10:47:51   #
burkphoto (a regular here)
 
khcrrc wrote:
Bright sun today, Nikon P900, Bright colors of red, yellow, orange do not appear in pictures.


Without examples, it's impossible to provide accurate analysis here. But I have a hunch that you need to check your white balance setting and possibly your computer monitor calibration.

Read The *Fine* (camera) Manual for more insights...

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 11:01:56   #
BarAnn
 
lonewolf456 wrote:
I understand the request for pictures for evaluation, but don't understand the respect comment. Unnecessary.

exactly why I never come here to ask a question. I follow for good info and tips, but it seem so many reply with unnecessary rude comments that I choose not to be on the receiving end..

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 11:11:12   #
Papa j
 
My sincere apologies my I don’t either comment referred to the the posters referral not appreciating the snide remark

Apologies
Joe

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 11:11:17   #
burkphoto (a regular here)
 
GAAAA! I've scrolled through three pages, and at least two of them are just folks arguing about rudeness.

It's the Internet, folks. Since the early days of dial-up modems and bulletin boards, folks have been "throwing grenades over the wire" at each other. It seems as if we would have learned to ignore it and stick to the topic at hand!

Don't feed the trolls. Ignore them. And learn The Basic Principles:

Focus on the situation, issue, or behavior, not on the person.

Maintain the self-confidence and self-esteem of others.

Maintain constructive relationships.

Take initiative to make things better.

Lead by example.

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 11:15:59   #
djstaib
 
Agreed. Unfortunately, there are far too many folds emboldened to react that way. Certainly makes it hard for those doing their best to learn this craft.

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 11:19:51   #
Bobspez
 
UHH is an open and free site. Everyone has their own opinions. I see nothing wrong with posting a problem picture here for discussion. I for one am glad the mods rarely interfere. Banning someone for rudeness or incorrect information is not in keeping with the site. The worst I've seen done in response to confilicts is moving the conversation to the Attic, and I like it that way.
CaptainPhoto wrote:
Lonewolf 456 - I don't either. No matter what, there always seems to be some ###### on this site that needs to make some unnecessary and unwanted comment. I just don't get it. It happens all too often, and it's not called for. Some new photographer to this site is just asking a simple question to get some feedback about something they don't understand and along comes #### running off at the mouth(keyboard) with inappropriate comments. I was under the impression that this site was about sharing our experience and skills with other upcoming photographers. My mother always taught us when we were kids, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
I think that the administrators or monitors of this site need to put out a warning to the person(s) making unwelcome comments that if they continue to make crass remarks they will be banned from this site. I for one am sick and tired of having to see inappropriate comments.
Lonewolf 456 - I don't either. No matter what, the... (show quote)

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 11:52:53   #
IDguy (a regular here)
 
rcarol wrote:
If he is shooting in Raw, setting the camera to vivid will not make a difference.


The P900 does not support RAW.

Thus the picture control suggestions apply.

In any case the CP might help.

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 11:55:35   #
IDguy (a regular here)
 
burkphoto wrote:
GAAAA! I've scrolled through three pages, and at least two of them are just folks arguing about rudeness.

It's the Internet, folks. Since the early days of dial-up modems and bulletin boards, folks have been "throwing grenades over the wire" at each other. It seems as if we would have learned to ignore it and stick to the topic at hand!

Don't feed the trolls. Ignore them. And learn The Basic Principles:

Focus on the situation, issue, or behavior, not on the person.

Maintain the self-confidence and self-esteem of others.

Maintain constructive relationships.

Take initiative to make things better.

Lead by example.
GAAAA! I've scrolled through three pages, and at l... (show quote)


And this post doesn’t feed them?

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 12:08:28   #
G Brown
 
khcrrc wrote:
Bright sun today, Nikon P900, Bright colors of red, yellow, orange do not appear in pictures.


You need to be up early and get the brighter 'low light' and long shadows (which make the colour pop) or out later when the setting sun brings out the reds and golds much stronger. A Polarizer certainly helps. Look around you and make sure the sun is behind you, rather than cross ways.Use the lowest ISO you can. Try having the WB set on shade/cloudy....this warms up the image usually.

in pp tweek the green slider down a little, adding red is not a great idea as it can look false.

have fun there is still plenty of time to practice.

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 12:13:00   #
DChalfy
 
khcrrc wrote:
Bright sun today, Nikon P900, Bright colors of red, yellow, orange do not appear in pictures.


Hello and welcome to UHH. With regard to your issue with the fall colors and your camera, a photo would be useful in order to help.

Regarding the noise surrounding your question (snarky comments and the ensuing responses), I suggest ingnoring them and focusing in on the replies that address the original question. UHH is a great site with a plethora of fantastic people. A lot to be learned here.

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 12:20:45   #
jwn
 
shooting raw will have the appearance of being "flat" what program do you use to open the image?

| Reply
Nov 8, 2018 13:13:21   #
patman1
 
I usually like to shoot my fall foliage on overcast days or after a rain, colors more brilliant, no reflection. I dont like using filters. I dont no if you can control your output on your camera. I use color enhanced setting on my camera gives be vibrant images, check your settings.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.