Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Close Up Photography
I forced myself to take a picture of something I rarely look at.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Nov 2, 2018 22:21:34   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Seed head on the grass on the bank of a pond at the Riverwalk Parkway, Riverside, CA

I forced myself to do this, with a 100-400L when I was after birds. I only do grasses etc with a macro lens.

80D, 100-400L mkII @ 158, 1/320 @ f/6.3, ISO 160 hand held


(Download)

| Reply
Nov 2, 2018 22:31:49   #
Dixiegirl (a regular here)
 
And it worked, Jerry! What a beautiful shot! I love to watch grasses swaying in the wind.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 03:40:10   #
DOOK (a regular here)
 
Very nice, Jerry.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 07:23:17   #
Tazzy (a regular here)
 
It is a beautiful shot, interesting

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 08:31:38   #
Linda From Maine (a regular here)
 
Gorgeous light and clarity, great soft background and color contrast with the grass, very effective crop!

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 15:15:43   #
SX2002 (a regular here)
 
It's a lovely shot Jerry, don't know why you had to force yourself to take it though...my lens often wanders when I'm waiting for birds and other things to come along...
Ron.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 17:57:24   #
J-SPEIGHT (a regular here)
 
robertjerl wrote:
Seed head on the grass on the bank of a pond at the Riverwalk Parkway, Riverside, CA

I forced myself to do this, with a 100-400L when I was after birds. I only do grasses etc with a macro lens.

80D, 100-400L mkII @ 158, 1/320 @ f/6.3, ISO 160 hand held


Nice image.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 20:25:17   #
merrytexan (a regular here)
 
robertjerl wrote:
Seed head on the grass on the bank of a pond at the Riverwalk Parkway, Riverside, CA

I forced myself to do this, with a 100-400L when I was after birds. I only do grasses etc with a macro lens.

80D, 100-400L mkII @ 158, 1/320 @ f/6.3, ISO 160 hand held


it's a beautiful picture perfect shot, robert.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 22:34:22   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Dixiegirl wrote:
And it worked, Jerry! What a beautiful shot! I love to watch grasses swaying in the wind.


Thanks very much

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 22:34:37   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
DOOK wrote:
Very nice, Jerry.


Thank you

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 22:35:08   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Tazzy wrote:
It is a beautiful shot, interesting


Thank you so much.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 22:35:38   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
Gorgeous light and clarity, great soft background and color contrast with the grass, very effective crop!


Thanks very much Linda.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 22:40:24   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
SX2002 wrote:
It's a lovely shot Jerry, don't know why you had to force yourself to take it though...my lens often wanders when I'm waiting for birds and other things to come along...
Ron.


Thanks, I was fixated on the birds and the grass was too high to see over so instead of just passing on to get an angle on the birds I forced myself to pause and do a shot of the backlit grass instead of being upset about loosing the angle on the birds. I usually use a 180 macro to do pictures of grasses and parts of plants but this 100-400L can focus so close (under 3') it can sub for a macro sometimes.

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 22:40:44   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
J-SPEIGHT wrote:
Nice image.


thank you

| Reply
Nov 3, 2018 22:41:11   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
merrytexan wrote:
it's a beautiful picture perfect shot, robert.

Thanks a lot.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Close Up Photography
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2018 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.