Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Links and Resources
Lightroom support for D850 rumored to be announced tomorrow More D850s on the way
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Oct 17, 2017 15:55:10   #
Rich1939 (a regular here)
 
Nikon Rumors says that more D850s are on the way and, the big news, Lightroom support for the D850 may be announced tomorrow as part of the new lightroom V7.

https://nikonrumors.com/2017/10/17/new-batch-of-nikon-d850-cameras-now-shipping-lightroom-support-rumored-to-be-announced-tomorrow.aspx/

| Reply
Oct 17, 2017 19:50:06   #
MT Shooter (a regular here)
 
Rich1939 wrote:
Nikon Rumors says that more D850s are on the way and, the big news, Lightroom support for the D850 may be announced tomorrow as part of the new lightroom V7.

https://nikonrumors.com/2017/10/17/new-batch-of-nikon-d850-cameras-now-shipping-lightroom-support-rumored-to-be-announced-tomorrow.aspx/


They are, I just had two more released to me today. Slow but sure!

| Reply
Oct 17, 2017 20:04:17   #
mwsilvers (a regular here)
 
Rich1939 wrote:
Nikon Rumors says that more D850s are on the way and, the big news, Lightroom support for the D850 may be announced tomorrow as part of the new lightroom V7.

https://nikonrumors.com/2017/10/17/new-batch-of-nikon-d850-cameras-now-shipping-lightroom-support-rumored-to-be-announced-tomorrow.aspx/


Lightroom 7 implies a standalone version, as did Lightroom 6. I've always assumed that 6 would be the last standalone they would produce, but perhaps not.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2017 21:27:33   #
DavidPine
 
I sure hope so. The patch job using the DNG converter or ACR has been awful.
Rich1939 wrote:
Nikon Rumors says that more D850s are on the way and, the big news, Lightroom support for the D850 may be announced tomorrow as part of the new lightroom V7.

https://nikonrumors.com/2017/10/17/new-batch-of-nikon-d850-cameras-now-shipping-lightroom-support-rumored-to-be-announced-tomorrow.aspx/

| Reply
Oct 17, 2017 21:40:58   #
bsprague (a regular here)
 
mwsilvers wrote:
Lightroom 7 implies a standalone version, as did Lightroom 6. I've always assumed that 6 would be the last standalone they would produce, but perhaps not.
Every time this topic comes up and I've seen it, I have argued that the ONLY public comment Adobe has made is that a perpetual licence (standalone) version of Lightroom would continue. I've even tried to place bets!

It has been far more popular for the many who post that Adobe will be taking away their Lightroom or forcing them to subscribe to the CC rental program.

Tomorrow may be the day I'm proven right or wrong!

FWIW, the other thing to watch for is if there is a performance increase. If Lightroom 7 comes tomorrow, it will be about 6 months late based on the history of releases. In Lightroom focused forums there has been on going discussions of the wish for more speed! An assumption is that Adobe has been working on it.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2017 22:11:42   #
mwsilvers (a regular here)
 
bsprague wrote:
Every time this topic comes up and I've seen it, I have argued that the ONLY public comment Adobe has made is that a perpetual licence (standalone) version of Lightroom would continue. I've even tried to place bets!

It has been far more popular for the many who post that Adobe will be taking away their Lightroom or forcing them to subscribe to the CC rental program.

Tomorrow may be the day I'm proven right or wrong!

FWIW, the other thing to watch for is if there is a performance increase. If Lightroom 7 comes tomorrow, it will be about 6 months late based on the history of releases. In Lightroom focused forums there has been on going discussions of the wish for more speed! An assumption is that Adobe has been working on it.
Every time this topic comes up and I've seen it, I... (show quote)

I hope you are correct. I would invest in a V7 upgrade. Since I don't use Photoshop, its much more cost effective for me. I believe LR 6 cost a bit over $100 when I upgraded. If I had subscribed to CC when LR 6 became available in April of 2015 I would have spend $300 for the subscription for the last 30 months. When I have an occasional need for the types of tools not included in Lightroom I use PS Elements, which I upgrade every other year at a price of $50 or so at Costco.

| Reply
Oct 17, 2017 22:31:49   #
bsprague (a regular here)
 
mwsilvers wrote:
I hope you are correct. I would invest in a V7 upgrade. Since I don't use Photoshop, its much more cost effective for me. I believe LR 6 cost a bit over $100 when I upgraded. If I had subscribed to CC when LR 6 became available in April of 2015 I would have spend $300 for the subscription for the last 30 months. When I have an occasional need for the types of tools not included in Lightroom I use PS Elements, which I upgrade every other year at a price of $50 or so at Costco.
I did it exactly like you did for a few years. Lightroom 5, Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements was my favorite cost effective "power suite". Then, in a what the heck moment, I went the CC way and have had a lot of enjoyment. There are a few new tools. Learning the senior Photoshop has been great mental exercise. The Lightroom mobile stuff is fun too. I take a picture with my phone and it is on my computer when I get home. Still on my list is getting together an online photo collection that is included in the CC program.

| Reply
Oct 18, 2017 09:46:54   #
bsprague (a regular here)
 
I found a fresh press release this morning. There does not appear to be a Lightroom 7.

Their appears to be now two Lightrooms. One is "Lightroom CC" and the other is "Lightroom Classic". The "Photographers Plan" continues at $10 a month. There is a newer plan with more in it for $20 a month.

| Reply
Oct 18, 2017 10:17:12   #
Rich1939 (a regular here)
 
bsprague wrote:
I found a fresh press release this morning. There does not appear to be a Lightroom 7.

Their appears to be now two Lightrooms. One is "Lightroom CC" and the other is "Lightroom Classic". The "Photographers Plan" continues at $10 a month. There is a newer plan with more in it for $20 a month.


I've been searching that announcement and can't find any reference to D850 support.
that is just weird as I would think first; it should be in the new release since the D850 is supported in PS and second if it is in the new version, why not make that part of the press release?

I'm confused.

| Reply
Oct 18, 2017 13:54:02   #
mwsilvers (a regular here)
 
bsprague wrote:
I found a fresh press release this morning. There does not appear to be a Lightroom 7.

Their appears to be now two Lightrooms. One is "Lightroom CC" and the other is "Lightroom Classic". The "Photographers Plan" continues at $10 a month. There is a newer plan with more in it for $20 a month.

Yep. Interesting but not surprised. I'll pass on the subscriptions. I want Lightroom, and just Lightroom.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Links and Resources
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2018 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.