Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
straightening photos
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Oct 29, 2016 14:31:46   #
ChiefEW
 
I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. Is there anyway to straighten a photo?
ChiefEW

| Reply
Oct 29, 2016 14:53:15   #
| Reply
Oct 29, 2016 15:35:57   #
Shellback
 
Yep -
*In Full Photo Edit mode, select the Straighten tool from the Tools panel (or press the P key).
*Specify your desired setting from the Canvas Options on the Options bar. ...
*(Optional) Select Rotate All Layers. ...
*Draw a line in your image to represent the new straight edge.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2016 05:32:44   #
philphotog
 
Hi. There is a straightening tool in the 'editor' programme with instructions in the 'guided' editing prigramme. Just click on that. Cheers.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2016 08:00:26   #
rmalarz (a regular here)
 
I'm not completely sure as to how you are using the word straighten. Is the horizon not level, or is there perspective issues? For one, careful positioning of the camera is the solution. For the other, there are perspective controls withing Photoshop that will help.
--Bob


ChiefEW wrote:
I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. Is there anyway to straighten a photo?
ChiefEW

| Reply
Oct 30, 2016 08:19:17   #
markie1425
 
Both PhotoScape X and Picasa (no longer supported but still available) are free and have quick and easy rotational correction tools.

No need to fire up the big boys.
--

| Reply
Oct 30, 2016 09:35:16   #
mwsilvers (a regular here)
 
markie1425 wrote:
Both PhotoScape X and Picasa (no longer supported but still available) are free and have quick and easy rotational correction tools.

No need to fire up the big boys.
--


Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 is one of the "big boys"? I don't think so.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2016 09:50:57   #
Bill_de (a regular here)
 
Shellback wrote:
Yep -
*In Full Photo Edit mode, select the Straighten tool from the Tools panel (or press the P key).
*Specify your desired setting from the Canvas Options on the Options bar. ...
*(Optional) Select Rotate All Layers. ...
*Draw a line in your image to represent the new straight edge.


Congrats¬°

In just four lines you gave the OP all the information needed to accomplish the task using the program he is going to use.


---

| Reply
Oct 30, 2016 11:37:10   #
Architect1776 (a regular here)
 
ChiefEW wrote:
I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. Is there anyway to straighten a photo?
ChiefEW


Under Imag there is rotate.Choose custom and ad 1 degree left or right of a fraction like .5 or greater rotation like 5.
If you need tocorredt converging lines go to Filter and then Correct Camera Distortion and use the sliders to make the changes.
This should do it incredibly easy, no special commands or holding your mouth just right.
It cannot get much easier unless you have windows 10 then the viewer has a rotate command and spin the photo to how you want it.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2016 12:14:13   #
jeep_daddy (a regular here)
 
ChiefEW wrote:
I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. Is there anyway to straighten a photo?
ChiefEW


Crop and straighten.

| Reply
Nov 1, 2016 13:00:34   #
Meives
 
I am a bit confused at your question. It's best to post a sample and see what the problem is. I always allow space around the subject to crop and straighten horizon or just crop. If you want to fix a building that has vertical walls not aligned, PS can fix this. David

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.