Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Morgan & Charlie
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Jul 16, 2015 17:35:36   #
Moxie
 
My granddaughter and her dog.


(Download)

| Reply
Jul 16, 2015 22:13:48   #
WildBill
 
1/40 seems to have been a bit slow as your beautiful model is a bit blurry. Typically for 100mm you would need a shutter faster than 1/100 to ensure a great photo. Add in the ISO 1000 and that suggests you were working in far too little light. You may have been able to up the ISO a bit (manual settings) to get a faster shutter with that 6D but light was definitely the issue. Very cute set-up. Cute dog too. Hope you shoot this again.

| Reply
Jul 16, 2015 22:27:54   #
Moxie
 
WildBill wrote:
1/40 seems to have been a bit slow as your beautiful model is a bit blurry. Typically for 100mm you would need a shutter faster than 1/100 to ensure a great photo. Add in the ISO 1000 and that suggests you were working in far too little light. You may have been able to up the ISO a bit (manual settings) to get a faster shutter with that 6D but light was definitely the issue. Very cute set-up. Cute dog too. Hope you shoot this again.


I realized I was shooting high iso... it was a spur of the moment shot and no time to do set ups with lighting and etc... I just shot high to try and get a pic.

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 07:08:54   #
Cwilson341 (a regular here)
 
Your granddaughter is a beautiful young lady and her dog is a real cutie. Dynamite pair well photographed!

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 07:55:57   #
waltchilds
 
Love this pose and your granddaughter and her dog look good together. Using an off camera flash and higher shutter speed would have made it even better, but this is still a very nice shot.

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 09:04:03   #
Moxie
 
Cwilson341 wrote:
Your granddaughter is a beautiful young lady and her dog is a real cutie. Dynamite pair well photographed!


Thanks!

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 09:04:49   #
Moxie
 
waltchilds wrote:
Love this pose and your granddaughter and her dog look good together. Using an off camera flash and higher shutter speed would have made it even better, but this is still a very nice shot.


As I explained earlier... I did an spur of the moment shot... did not have flash or tripod at the time... just did a high iso to get a shot.

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 12:54:56   #
A10
 
Lovely young lady and the dog is cute too.

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 15:53:35   #
Moxie
 
A10 wrote:
Lovely young lady and the dog is cute too.


Thanks A10!

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 20:58:02   #
Bill Houghton
 
Very well done. Not room for improvement on this one.

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 21:05:42   #
xxredbeardxx
 
Moxie wrote:
My granddaughter and her dog.


Lucky you to have such a beautiful young lady to shoot.

Nice pose. I Like it very much.
I hope you took another one with her looking into the lens.

Great job.

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 21:07:23   #
Moxie
 
Bill Houghton wrote:
Very well done. Not room for improvement on this one.


Thanks very much Bill!

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 21:08:15   #
Moxie
 
xxredbeardxx wrote:
Lucky you to have such a beautiful young lady to shoot.

Nice pose. I Like it very much.
I hope you took another one with her looking into the lens.

Great job.


Redbeard, actually I only got this one shot due to the time element we were in.

| Reply
Jul 17, 2015 21:24:01   #
xxredbeardxx
 
Moxie wrote:
Redbeard, actually I only got this one shot due to the time element we were in.


Well do it again with a little better lighting and get her to own the shot by looking right into the lens.

After all, you know where she lives. :-D

Show her this photo and tell her how great she looks.
Then tell her you want to do it again.
Praise gets even the most camera shy kids to give it another go.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2015 01:03:58   #
twowindsbear
 
Just curious - what PP program did you use?

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.