Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Shells
Mar 11, 2012 20:04:14   #
Erv Loc: Medina Ohio
 
Trying to get a handle on the O Flash. Still not getting it the way I want them to turn out. Not to bad, but I don't think I am getting enough light.
Doug I get this on my metadata:Flash Fired, Compulsory flash mode, Return light detected.
Does this mean I have something in the flash set wrong?
Anyway, here they are.
1
1...
2
2...
3
3...
4
4...
5
5...

| Reply
Mar 11, 2012 22:33:14   #
Gidgette Loc: Boerne,Texas
 
Erv wrote:
Trying to get a handle on the O Flash. Still not getting it the way I want them to turn out. Not to bad, but I don't think I am getting enough light.
Doug I get this on my metadata:Flash Fired, Compulsory flash mode, Return light detected.
Does this mean I have something in the flash set wrong?
Anyway, here they are.


Love your shells. How many diffrent types of shells do you have?

| Reply
Mar 11, 2012 22:46:22   #
Erv Loc: Medina Ohio
 
I was cleaning out the basement today and found 3 big box's of them. My Dad and Mom moved to Florida in the early 70's. So we walk the beaches every time we went down. At least I found some thing to do with them finally! :-D
Erv

| Reply
 
 
Mar 11, 2012 22:55:52   #
Gidgette Loc: Boerne,Texas
 
Erv wrote:
I was cleaning out the basement today and found 3 big box's of them. My Dad and Mom moved to Florida in the early 70's. So we walk the beaches every time we went down. At least I found some thing to do with them finally! :-D
Erv


That ought to keep you busy but not out of trouble for awhile, I hope. LOL

| Reply
Mar 12, 2012 00:28:41   #
Nikonian72 Loc: Long Beach CA
 
Erv wrote:
Trying to get a handle on the O Flash. Still not getting it the way I want them to turn out. Not to bad, but I don't think I am getting enough light. Doug I get this on my metadata:Flash Fired, Compulsory flash mode, Return light detected.
Does this mean I have something in the flash set wrong?
Here is where I want you to start:
Camera:
1.) Select M mode for Manual;
2.) Set ISO to 400;
3.) Select 1/200-sec at f/22
Nikkor SB-600 Speedlight (or similar):
4.) Select M mode for Manual;
5.) Start at 1/1 = max output
6.) Select 85 zoom for narrowest light pattern (I have no idea if this makes any difference, but it makes sense).

Take test shot.
If test photo too bright, press "-" to drop to 1/2 = half power = one stop less light. If still to light, press "-" again to lower flash output.
If test shot too dark, open aperture to f/16. Open aperture more, as needed.

Shoot subject between 6-inches and 12-inches WD. The greater your WD, the less flash will illuminate subject.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2012 07:27:00   #
Erv Loc: Medina Ohio
 
Thanks Doug, I'll give that a try after work.
Erv

| Reply
Mar 12, 2012 10:28:05   #
SENSORLOUPE
 
I found them!!! yeah!! they are beautiful! all of them
Maybe you will still find that box of buttons while digging around in the basement!!!

| Reply
 
 
Mar 12, 2012 13:16:21   #
Erv Loc: Medina Ohio
 
Thanks, I am headed down again tonight to finish. It is our second house. The oldest son was renting it. But he went back to school, so we have to rent it again. So much for storage :-D . I'll keep my eye out for them.
Erv

SENSORLOUPE wrote:
I found them!!! yeah!! they are beautiful! all of them
Maybe you will still find that box of buttons while digging around in the basement!!!

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.