Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Pine Needles and Lily patch
Feb 3, 2012 00:20:20   #
snapit4u Loc: Ohio
 
Using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. f/8, 1/90 sec. The ISO is 800. Focal length 50mm. The pine tree is in my backyard and this was an experiment with macro. The Asian Lilly is just starting to get some growth and I thought this looked like an interesting shot.





| Reply
Feb 3, 2012 00:43:26   #
Nikonian72 Loc: Long Beach CA
 
Nice natural light, narrow DOF images. Keep practicing.

| Reply
Feb 3, 2012 11:12:54   #
snapit4u Loc: Ohio
 
practice makes perfect! I still have a very long way to go .......

| Reply
Feb 12, 2012 22:09:52   #
MJL Loc: Wild Rose, Wisconsin
 
I also enjoy shooting things in my backyard. Pentax K7, 100mm macro lens, assorted settings.
snapit4u wrote:
Using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. f/8, 1/90 sec. The ISO is 800. Focal length 50mm. The pine tree is in my backyard and this was an experiment with macro. The Asian Lilly is just starting to get some growth and I thought this looked like an interesting shot.
Honeysuckle bud opening because of the mild winter.
Honeysuckle bud opening because of the mild winter...
Hen and chicks up close.
Hen and chicks up close....
Blue spruce.
Blue spruce....

| Reply
Feb 12, 2012 22:37:30   #
Nikonian72 Loc: Long Beach CA
 
MJL wrote:
I also enjoy shooting things in my backyard. Pentax K7, 100mm macro lens, assorted settings.

Not too shabby!

What is approximate magnification of each photo?

| Reply
Feb 13, 2012 17:47:13   #
MJL Loc: Wild Rose, Wisconsin
 
Thanks N72. I'm not exactly certain what the magnification is on these pictures. I believe I was close to the limits of the lens, and I did crop the first two just a bit. Maybe this can help you. The honeysuckle bud was about 3/8" long, the hen and chicks about the size of a quarter, the bud on the blue spruce is about 3/16" or so long. I'll have to start looking at what the lens indicates for magnification.
Nikonian72 wrote:
MJL wrote:
I also enjoy shooting things in my backyard. Pentax K7, 100mm macro lens, assorted settings.

Not too shabby!

What is approximate magnification of each photo?

| Reply
Feb 14, 2012 10:02:26   #
Billybuzz Loc: Whiteford, MD
 
MJL wrote:
I also enjoy shooting things in my backyard. Pentax K7, 100mm macro lens, assorted settings.
snapit4u wrote:
Using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. f/8, 1/90 sec. The ISO is 800. Focal length 50mm. The pine tree is in my backyard and this was an experiment with macro. The Asian Lilly is just starting to get some growth and I thought this looked like an interesting shot.


These are three very nice shots. The point of focus on each is great.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.