Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main Photography Discussion
Windows 8 and Picasa
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Jan 28, 2013 17:36:56   #
Big Stopper
 
My new PC runs on Windows 8 and I wanted to download Picasa. My initial investigations on Google suggest that Picasa cannot run on Windows 8 but on the other hand it seems that some people have had success with it. My question to fellow Hogs is: have any of you managed to get Picasa to run on Windows 8? Many thanks.
 
Jan 28, 2013 20:24:45   #
warrior
 
bobbybob wrote:
My new PC runs on Windows 8 and I wanted to download Picasa. My initial investigations on Google suggest that Picasa cannot run on Windows 8 but on the other hand it seems that some people have had success with it. My question to fellow Hogs is: have any of you managed to get Picasa to run on Windows 8? Many thanks.


I have Picasa running straight and true with Windows 8
Jan 28, 2013 20:51:27   #
rebride
 
warrior wrote:


I have Picasa running straight and true with Windows 8


Ditto.
Jan 28, 2013 21:49:13   #
runsthebitterroot
 
Picasa works great with windows 8

Larry
Jan 29, 2013 00:16:56   #
Nikonian72
 
rebride wrote:
warrior wrote:
I have Picasa running straight and true with Windows 8
Ditto.
Me too. Downloaded Picasa 3.9 from here: http://picasa.google.com
Jan 29, 2013 07:15:49   #
Underwaterant
 
Nikonian72 wrote:
rebride wrote:
warrior wrote:
I have Picasa running straight and true with Windows 8
Ditto.
Me too. Downloaded Picasa 3.9 from here: http://picasa.google.com


You'll find like other software, it will work
with win8 99.99999% of the time.
But there is an extremely small part of
that software that has a 0.0000001%
chance of some minuscule problem.
They have to cover themselves because
There is a minuscule chance of a
problem to your use, such as losing
$2 000 worth of lost images to your
business.
 
Jan 29, 2013 07:22:04   #
ioptfm
 
Tried to download and installed twice and on the 2nd time had no problems
Jan 29, 2013 08:08:02   #
Big Stopper
 
Thank you all of you who posted a reply - I have downloaded Picasa now and although I have yet to use it as such it does appear to be fine.
Jan 29, 2013 11:44:01   #
Sac-Jack
 
I also Bought a new computer with Windows 8 and it turned out to be a living nightmare for me. I ended up taking Windows 8 off and went back to windows 7. With Windows 7 I did not have a problem running any of my programs. Windows 8 would not even let me load the drivers for my printer. If you keep Windows 8 the microsoft Rep told me that there working on the problem. So my question to him was so what good is windows 8?
Jan 29, 2013 18:21:24   #
BrerDOM
 
I am in the same situation .... if I may ask, how did you get the laptop back to Windows 7? I will suppress my opiinoins of W8.
Jan 29, 2013 19:03:32   #
Sac-Jack
 
What I did is deleted everything off the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 8. You can go back to where you bought the laptop and tell them you want Windows 7 as there is problem with Windows 8. I bought my computer directly from HP and they offered to change it to windows 7 at no charge. I decided to do it myself rather then wait a week or so to get it back. I'm telling you windows 7 runs so much better and accepted all my programs with out a problem. Good luck.
 
Jan 29, 2013 19:34:30   #
rebride
 
Sac-Jack wrote:
What I did is deleted everything off the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 8. You can go back to where you bought the laptop and tell them you want Windows 7 as there is problem with Windows 8. I bought my computer directly from HP and they offered to change it to windows 7 at no charge. I decided to do it myself rather then wait a week or so to get it back. I'm telling you windows 7 runs so much better and accepted all my programs with out a problem. Good luck.


I have been using Win 8 for about a month now on a new Vizio IPS screen laptop.
I go to use my Win 7 desktop and am finding it to be a bit clunky and slow. Mostly I use the laptop now.
Have 5 photo editing programs easily installed on Win 8 running fine.
My wife uses a third party program that bypasses the Start screen, goes straight to desktop, and puts the old start menu icon back in the lower left. I don't.
Only took me a few days to get used to and I'm effortlessly bouncing all around (to the corners) using a mouse (less energy than touchscreen).
I'm digging it.
 
Main Photography Discussion
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.