Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main Photography Discussion
If You Could Only Choose One Camera For The Rest Of Your Life Which One Would It Be?
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 next>>
Jun 19, 2017 11:00:08   #
Jim Bob (a regular here)
 
Please elaborate on the reasons for your choice if you wish.
 
Jun 19, 2017 11:02:12   #
bsprague (a regular here)
 
I have a Panasonic GX8.

I intend to keep it because it functions very well as both a picture taker and a camcorder.
Jun 19, 2017 11:09:01   #
blue-ultra (a regular here)
 
Heck I do not have a crystal ball but I do know that the future have many wonderful things in store for us photographers. So for the present, I love my D810...

Bob
Jun 19, 2017 11:09:01   #
blue-ultra (a regular here)
 
Heck I do not have a crystal ball but I do know that the future have many wonderful things in store for us photographers. So for the present, I love my D810...

Bob
Jun 19, 2017 11:09:12   #
Jim Bob (a regular here)
 
bsprague wrote:
I have a Panasonic GX8.

I intend to keep it because it functions very well as both a picture taker and a camcorder.


Great. Thanks.
Jun 19, 2017 11:10:01   #
Jim Bob (a regular here)
 
blue-ultra wrote:
Heck I do not have a crystal ball but I do know that the future have many wonderful things in store for us photographers. So for the present, I love my D810...

Bob


Got it...twice. Nice choice. Obviously, I'm only referring to current models. Current models means those still available for purchase even if they are no longer in production. I thank Silverman for alerting me to the ambiguity of the term "current".
 
Jun 19, 2017 11:11:28   #
orrie smith
 
Jim Bob wrote:
Please elaborate on the reasons for your choice if you wish.


Nikon D5 if money was no object. The D5 has the best focus and frames per second. It would cover anything I would care to photograph from portraits to action. The only thing I would regret is that I would be limited to one camera and unable to have the d500 for a backup.
Now, since you asked the question, what would be your pick and the reason for your choice?
Jun 19, 2017 11:14:56   #
Jim Bob (a regular here)
 
orrie smith wrote:
Nikon D5 if money was no object. The D5 has the best focus and frames per second. It would cover anything I would care to photograph from portraits to action. The only thing I would regret is that I would be limited to one camera and unable to have the d500 for a backup.
Now, since you asked the question, what would be your pick and the reason for your choice?


Thanks. Tough question (guess that's why I asked it, huh). I think I might go with Jerry's choice: Nikon D750. Camera has excellent combination of features and superb image quality even with the anti-aliasing filter. D500 or D7200 might be my backup choices.
Jun 19, 2017 11:15:08   #
BebuLamar (a regular here)
 
If I can easily and economically buy and process film it would be a Nikon F3HP which I already have. Short of that I keep my Df for the rest of my life as long as it still working.
The reason is simple. For the film camera I don't intend to go for MF or large format and the F3 is the best 35mm for me.
As for the Df. It's good enough for me and there won't be anything like it. Not even the Df2 like someone is dreaming about. The Df2 if Nikon would make it would be going away from my preference rather than toward my preference.
Jun 19, 2017 11:15:32   #
jimmya
 
Jim Bob wrote:
Please elaborate on the reasons for your choice if you wish.


I'm currently shooting a Canon t3i - so far, the best camera I've owned. I'll stay with it.
Jun 19, 2017 11:16:17   #
Just Fred
 
I'd probably get the Unicorn model A. You know, the one that shoots full-frame RAW in 26MP as well as JPEG, comes equipped with a 10-2000 f/1.2 super zoom, has an articulating touch screen, full viewfinder, weighs just several ounces and fits in my shirt pocket. That one.

 
Jun 19, 2017 11:17:04   #
Tracy B. (a regular here)
 
I love my Canon 5D Mark IV. So that would be my pick.
Jun 19, 2017 11:19:23   #
Peterff (a regular here)
 
Jim Bob wrote:
Please elaborate on the reasons for your choice if you wish.


Canon EOS-1D X mk IV, but I want it this month. It will be top of the line about 10 years from now!
Jun 19, 2017 11:20:10   #
Silverman (a regular here)
 
Why? Only Current models. I have a Nikon D3300 and am quite satisfied with it, as a "Retiree, I personally do not have "Thousands" of dollars to spend on Cameras and very expensive lens, so until "Uncle Joe" puts me in his will, and I receive "Googles" of money to expand my Photography Hobby, I am quite pleased with my choice of the Nikon D3300 + kit lens, 55-200, 35mm 1.8g prime, and 50mm 1.8g prime.
Now my goal is to Learn to create enjoyable Images, maybe even really good images, maybe even stunning images, we will see how I progress.
Jun 19, 2017 11:21:12   #
Jim Bob (a regular here)
 
Just Fred wrote:
I'd probably get the Unicorn model A. You know, the one that shoots full-frame RAW in 26MP as well as JPEG, comes equipped with a 10-2000 f/1.2 super zoom, has an articulating touch screen, full viewfinder, weighs just several ounces and fits in my shirt pocket. That one.



Not familiar with that model. I'll need to "Google" it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 next>>
Main Photography Discussion
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.