Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Photo Analysis
How was this done?
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Oct 27, 2016 13:49:22   #
bdk
 
Title says it all. I tried laying one image on top of the other and changing the opacity, tried painting thru, nothing I do creates this image,
So last I guess I need help.
Im using photoshop 6
thanks


 
Oct 27, 2016 14:37:00   #
tradio (a regular here)
 
Is this a photo of a cars windshield? (reflection)
Oct 27, 2016 14:41:54   #
Linda From Maine (a regular here)
 
One way is to use a single image with layer mask.

1. start with normal image of trees
2. add layer/s of fog and glow or grunge, or tint, etc.

Mask your shape through the layers; I did free hand with just a layer mask brush, hence these scary ghosts - lol. I assume there are drawing tools for much more control.


Oct 27, 2016 14:54:34   #
widget
 
I believe that it can also be done as a double exposure. I did something like this a few years ago. If I remember correctly, to mimick that shot you would shoot the couple outdoors pointing the camera up from a low vantage point into a very bright sky and set the exposure to create a silhouette of the couple. Now for your second shot, properly expose a shot into some trees. The trees will now show up in any area that is under exposed - as in the silhouette of the couple.
Oct 27, 2016 17:45:07   #
Rongnongno (a regular here)
 
Simply by using two captures

1 - Tree (background layer)
2 - Couple image (top layer)
2a - create a selection on the couple
2b - erase the selection (or create a black mask ~ hide)
2c - use of layer opacity mode and/or layer blend mode

There is no major difficulties here.

Note that since there is no artifact from the second exposure (top layer ~ 2 couple) this is not an 'in camera' double exposure.
Oct 27, 2016 18:02:34   #
speters (a regular here)
 
bdk wrote:
Title says it all. I tried laying one image on top of the other and changing the opacity, tried painting thru, nothing I do creates this image,
So last I guess I need help.
Im using photoshop 6
thanks
Looks like a -in camera-double exposure! And there should be no artifact!!
 
Oct 28, 2016 08:00:54   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
bdk wrote:
Title says it all. I tried laying one image on top of the other and changing the opacity, tried painting thru, nothing I do creates this image,
So last I guess I need help.
Im using photoshop 6
thanks


That's gotten to be a very popular double exposure process lately. Google double exposure, and you'll see lots of articles about how to do it.

http://www.diyphotography.net/create-digital-double-exposure-portraits/
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2014/04/18/double-exposure-portraits-a-simple-tutorial-...
http://www.popphoto.com/how-to/2014/04/how-to-shoot-camera-double-exposure-photo
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/double-multiple-exposure-photography-tutorials/
And you can use Photoshop.
http://petapixel.com/2014/07/15/tutorial-effective-workflow-for-creating-double-exposures...
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2015/09/12/how-to-shoot-in-camera-multiple-exposure-portraits/
Canon - http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2015/12/06/how-to-set-up-your-canon-dslr-to-shoot-double-exposures-in-camera/
Oct 28, 2016 10:40:51   #
rmalarz (a regular here)
 
Linda's nailed it.
--Bob


Linda From Maine wrote:
One way is to use a single image with layer mask.

1. start with normal image of trees
2. add layer/s of fog and glow or grunge, or tint, etc.

Mask your shape through the layers; I did free hand with just a layer mask brush, hence these scary ghosts - lol. I assume there are drawing tools for much more control.
Oct 28, 2016 10:42:16   #
bennydnut
 
jerryc41 wrote:
That's gotten to be a very popular double exposure process lately. Google double exposure, and you'll see lots of articles about how to do it.

http://www.diyphotography.net/create-digital-double-exposure-portraits/

Canon - http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2015/12/06/how-to-set-up-your-canon-dslr-to-shoot-double-exposures-in-camera/


Yes, in camera double exposure but not all camera have this feature!!!
Oct 28, 2016 14:16:31   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
bennydnut wrote:
Yes, in camera double exposure but not all camera have this feature!!!


Sorry. I thought I had regular PP double exposure links. Linda came through!

The first one covers PP -

http://www.diyphotography.net/create-digital-double-exposure-portraits/
Nov 3, 2016 17:53:07   #
rpavich
 
bennydnut wrote:
Yes, in camera double exposure but not all camera have this feature!!!


All you do is to hold the little button in while you wind the film and it will stay on that frame :)
 
Nov 3, 2016 18:57:10   #
bennydnut
 
rpavich wrote:
All you do is to hold the little button in while you wind the film and it will stay on that frame :)


Well! its true for FILM camera and the film it may move and may not line up 100%, again not all camera can be done that way either; With DSLR can not and will not work your way!
Nov 21, 2016 23:19:24   #
DanielB
 
My Canon 5D III can do this in camera in double exposure mode.
 
Photo Analysis
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.