Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main Photography Discussion
D610 Book
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Oct 29, 2013 06:58:56   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
This is an interesting situation. The D600 has been out for about year, and it's been discontinued. There have been a dozen or more books written about how to use it.

Now that the D610 has been introduced, what will authors and publishers do about a D610 book? From what I've seen, the only control change is the Qc setting for "Quiet Continuous" mode. A book about the D600 would be perfect for D610 owners, but how can publishers pass up the opportunity to present a new book for a new camera?

So, any predictions about what will happen?
 
Oct 29, 2013 07:00:13   #
Wahawk
 
jerryc41 wrote:
This is an interesting situation. The D600 has been out for about year, and it's been discontinued. There have been a dozen or more books written about how to use it.

Now that the D610 has been introduced, what will authors and publishers do about a D610 book? From what I've seen, the only control change is the Qc setting for "Quiet Continuous" mode. A book about the D600 would be perfect for D610 owners, but how can publishers pass up the opportunity to present a new book for a new camera?

So, any predictions about what will happen?
This is an interesting situation. The D600 has be... (show quote)


They will revise to include the new features and re-publish as a NEW book!
Oct 29, 2013 07:04:09   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
Wahawk wrote:
They will revise to include the new features and re-publish as a NEW book!

And the poor guy who has both cameras will buy both books. It's like when they add four minutes of "unseen footage" to an old film a re-release it.
Oct 29, 2013 07:09:15   #
banjonut
 
jerryc41 wrote:
And the poor guy who has both cameras will buy both books. It's like when they add four minutes of "unseen footage" to an old film a re-release it.


Makes all the difference whether you are driving the boat or swimming after it, trying to catch it.
Oct 29, 2013 07:12:02   #
jethro779
 
jerryc41 wrote:
And the poor guy who has both cameras will buy both books. It's like when they add four minutes of "unseen footage" to an old film a re-release it.


The only problem with unseen footage is you never know where it was inserted in the picture. Most of the pictures were such stinkers in the first place you don't remember the movie to begin with.
Oct 29, 2013 07:40:16   #
Db7423
 
The same is true with Lightroom 5 books. Simply change the cover, include the new features and republish. Ain't capitalism great! ;)
 
Oct 29, 2013 14:46:49   #
warrior
 
jerryc41 wrote:
And the poor guy who has both cameras will buy both books. It's like when they add four minutes of "unseen footage" to an old film a re-release it.


And, new DVDs
Oct 29, 2013 15:03:20   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
warrior wrote:
And, new DVDs

Of course!
Oct 30, 2013 16:28:37   #
Pentony
 
jerryc41 wrote:
This is an interesting situation. The D600 has been out for about year, and it's been discontinued. There have been a dozen or more books written about how to use it.

Now that the D610 has been introduced, what will authors and publishers do about a D610 book? From what I've seen, the only control change is the Qc setting for "Quiet Continuous" mode. A book about the D600 would be perfect for D610 owners, but how can publishers pass up the opportunity to present a new book for a new camera?

So, any predictions about what will happen?
This is an interesting situation. The D600 has be... (show quote)


Jerryc41, I like your questions :thumbup:
Oct 30, 2013 22:07:53   #
Mashubi1
 
Did you say iPhone??????
Oct 31, 2013 07:41:28   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
Mashubi1 wrote:
Did you say iPhone??????

If they were to write a book for the newest iPhone, be the main topic.
 
Oct 31, 2013 10:29:10   #
Mashubi1
 
:thumbup:
 
Main Photography Discussion
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.