Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Posts for: 1philp
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Apr 7, 2015 16:10:58   #
This is who I have coffee with. Yosemite winters


 
Dec 14, 2014 17:41:24   #
Here is a tip fot this lens hood and any other hood you may need in a bind. Flat black card stock, rubber or contact cement and open or closed cell foam. You would be amazed just what you can make do with in an emergency or have a lack of funds to buy.
Jul 19, 2014 17:19:13   #
Jersey guy wrote:
Uh, how about a little clarification, like, "legal"?


At this point in history, most ALL American's are immigrants to this country. The picture explains it quite succinctly. America has been the melting pot of the world. As for the word "legal", where was the term legal used when we killed all the native Indians for there land and put them on reservations.

Where was the term legal used when we rounded up all the Japanese and put them in interment camps.

Where was the term legal used when we tenaciously keep a good portion of our citizens in in poverty, killing them at will because they were thought to be inferior.

Are you complaining just because of what you hear on the Fox political network or are you sincerely concerned about what is happening? While it is true we as a nation need immigration reform, but not as much as most folk think. All this hub bud is caused strictly by political motivations.

As soon as we obtain immigration reform this problem will resolve it's self. The fighting and bickering about immigration reform can ONLY be reconciled by the congress, and they are afraid to move because they might insult certain factions and lose votes.

Now, back to my question, are you sincerely concerned about immigration reform? If so, you will get no where on this blog, instead you and your neighbors write your elected representatives and demand they represent your views instead of big business views or strictly party views. Remember, these elected representatives work for you!

If we fail to read and understand our past history, we as a society are doomed to repeat it and that may be a path we don't or should not follow.

No matter what, I enjoy reading your posts. Have a great day.
Jul 19, 2014 13:00:48   #
Jul 18, 2014 23:23:53   #
venturer9 wrote:
I have complained a great deal over the last 3 presidents.... My problem is not with who had the most...my problem is what they were over ridden and ignored over...

He and his Fellow Democrats passed the ACA which is a LAW..... and a law CANNOT be changed except


http://reason.com/archives/2012/06/21/can-barack-obama-rewrite-federal-law
Along comes the president, and he has decided that he can fix some of our immigration woes by rewriting the laws to his liking. Never mind that the Constitution provides that his job is "to take care that the laws be faithfully executed," and that "all legislative power" in the federal government has been granted to Congress. He has chosen to bypass Congress and disregard the Constitution.


http://www.galen.org/newsletters/changes-to-obamacare-so-far/
By our count at the Galen Institute, more than 42 significant changes already have been made to ObamaCare: at least 24 that President Obama has made unilaterally, 16 that Congress has passed and the president has signed, and 2 by the Supreme Court.


These are the reasons (among others) that I dislike this president so much...

Mike
I have complained a great deal over the last 3 pre... (show quote)


Well I can't disagree with the article written by Judge Napolitano, as I used to do work for him and have the up most respect for him.

As far as the next article concerning the Galen Institute, I have to take my hat off to you. It appears by reading your comment, you work for the institute. I have nothing negative to say with respect to the instate.

I as well as millions of American's don't care how many changes he makes to Obama Care as long as the changes are positive to help the program to survive.
Jul 18, 2014 22:52:53   #
moabarch wrote:
I've been reading this thread up to this comment with some disgust, but I thought you could at least express a thought with some coherence, though I disagree with you on much (not all) of what you say. However, any bit of respect I might have had for your opinions disappeared in a split second over this comment. You need to study up on WWII and contemplate what this world would be like had we not entered the "European" war. It's too long and complicated for this forum and perhaps too long and complicated for you personally.
Perhaps in the next 12 pages of this thread (I am on page 6 as I write this), some folks will have called you out on this outrageous and ignorant comment, but I no longer have the capacity to read more of these inane and thoughtless comments people are making in light of this airliner tragedy. Any excuse to attack the president, and in this case a president from over 60 years ago.
I've been reading this thread up to this comment w... (show quote)


Well said!
 
Jul 18, 2014 22:51:10   #
bodacious wrote:
My thoughts are one major difference is that other presidents when signing an executive order did so with the full knowledge of congress and usually the senate or house, but with obama there is only secrecy and his dictatorial way of dismissing any other agency. obama is a rogue dictator and must be stopped before he and his liberal minions destroys whats left of the country.


One must remember that at the end of the day we are very fortunate to live in a country that allows us to agree to not agree.

Simper Fi
Jul 18, 2014 20:25:13   #
venturer9 wrote:
iphlp said in part...
As far as your statement " Mr. OB still thinks we need to cut our military", you need to go back and take a class in government. It is the congress that makes those decisions. It seem that you and your kind think the president makes all the decisions including what color to paint the center lines on a road. By the way, you may not have voted for the current president, but he was duly elected, so his title is President Obama.


And how many things has "PRESIDENT Obama" done without asking the Congress for any input...... How many speeches has he given where he points out that HE will do as he pleases whether Congress agrees or not......

This is not my opinion, it is fact and you know it and it can be proven very simply..... so don't get all snarky about how I think about what our President is doing wrong.

Mike
iphlp said in part... br As far as your statement ... (show quote)


Hi Mike:

I love the word "snarky". You are absolutely correct when you say he has signed executive orders without the blessing of the Congress. If you check the official record of the number of executive orders signed by the last 4 presidents, I think you will find the current president has signed less than the others.

Did you complain when Mr. Bush was president or is it just President Obama you have a problem with? Every president stomps his feet when things don't go his way. Understand, I do not support a lot of his policies, but he is no better or worse than any other president.
Jul 18, 2014 18:05:09   #
CatMarley wrote:
Since 95% of the faculties of our Universities are self confessed Liberals, we either have "Liberal Scholars" or no scholars at all ( well, maybe 5%)


After teaching students at MIT for 16 years, I again must require you to source your references. Please re-submit your post for credit.

I don't think the faculties of our Universities are 95% self confessed Liberals. I have a hard time getting anyone of them to confess anything. I think you have a problem with people of can think and reason for themselves.
Jul 18, 2014 17:18:06   #
idaholover wrote:
I am from WA state and it is common knowledge Patty Murray is nothing more than a lobbyist factory!


And your point is?
Jul 18, 2014 15:57:23   #
bodacious wrote:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:


Thank you but I'm not to protective of our President. My point to you was one man cannot make all the changes that you allude to. I am as hard on the president as others are, with one exception and you fail on any level to understand this. I have the ability to read and process the real facts and this information does not come from any TV station or your favorite political internet station.

Why not try to read the congressional record of who votes for what. Read the congressional record and you will see just how ridiculous things have been. What congressional offices have ties to big business. I hate to tell you this, but congress is not doing the job we elected them to and it makes no difference if its a democrat or republican.

As I said before, read the congressional voting record.
 
Jul 18, 2014 15:03:45   #
CatMarley wrote:
Did Putin's troops posing as Ukranian protesters shoot down a commercial jetliner? It came down from 30,000 feet - too high for shoulder fired rockets. They shot down a Ukranian cargo plane recently, as well as a Ukranian fighter. But Mr OB still thinks we need to cut our military.


After reading many of Cat's comments, as well as others, in my opinion, Cat and company are a part of a journalistic group that has one focus in life. That is to vomit their vicious words thinking it highlights there journalism standings, when in fact it only shows how far they are engaged in yellow journalism. Remember, these are the same people that actually believe if you do not subscribe to their epitomes you are Un-American.

Yellow journalism, or the yellow press, is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers. Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism. By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion. When you pass on any information, at any level that is or may be a lie, misleading, and deceive the public, you have engaged in Yellow journalism, or the yellow press.

After reading the past comments, you find this is another talking head walking down a one sided road with blinders on. Most of the comments are from people that have their information provided to them by the networks that have an agenda to promote. One only need to remember that it is not a crime to lie, mislead, and deceive the public through articles like this or the news. Although I’m not a fan of President Obama, I do have a brain and ability to see through the BS and make an informed decision. As I have said in the past, both parties need to be replace with honest individuals that have outstanding ethics, morals and will work for the people who voted them in.

As far as your statement " Mr. OB still thinks we need to cut our military", you need to go back and take a class in government. It is the congress that makes those decisions. It seem that you and your kind think the president makes all the decisions including what color to paint the center lines on a road. By the way, you may not have voted for the current president, but he was duly elected, so his title is President Obama.

You also state "while our President guts OUR military! I must be a racist". Only you and the people around you can make that determination. Since the word “guts” is slang for leaving little behind, there is little correlation between your statement and being a racist. I hope you are not a racist.

Ever hear of the story where the boy cries wolf? There is a direct comparison between that story and our yellow journalism today. There is an emergent concern among young people and they are getting extremely wary about this crying of wolf, or should I say fox? Think about it. So where does this bring us? The problems in this country are ridiculous, comical and perplexing. Who is to blame? It would be my suggestion that instead of pointing your finger at Washington D.C., you turn those fingers around and point them at yourself. Yes, we are to blame. It is high time we as citizens of this country accept two words, “Personal Responsibility”. We are the ones that allow this disaster to continue in Washington D. C... We now live in a society that has little personal responsibility because it’s always someone else’s fault! Need I repeat this; “because it’s always someone else’s fault!” We are so arrogant, that this is the message we teach our children.

Think about it. You have no one to blame but yourself when as a country we have to speak Chinese or Russian and every move you make is monitored. Are you willing to sell yourself that short? So put down that game, shut your iPhone off and read a book about what happened to this country in 1776. You may be surprised and learn something.
Jul 11, 2014 22:15:29   #
marsh40 wrote:
true enough now find a democrat that loves his country
just one! there are a couple on what they like to call the
far right (anyone that loves the USA) period


I doubt being tagged a Democrat or Republican would be the qualifier that “you love or dislike your country. It is unfortunate that you apparently get your information from the yellow journalism publications in the United States. After all, you must remember that printing misinformation or direct lies is not illegal and some of the techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism. By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion.

Sir, I accept your challenge to find a democrat that loves his country, just one. I invite you to any US Army base and you will be given the opportunity to tell these Democrat solders the do not love their countries. You may not like what you here or get. I even imagine the Republican solders in one way or another will provide some insight for you.

Don’t bother to answer this post, as what you write would more than likely insulting, after all, I am one of those democratic solders that protect your freedoms and loves his country.
Jul 11, 2014 22:06:52   #
Terry44, you have my vote and admiration
Mar 20, 2014 00:31:54   #
I guess I should have added a caveat on my post. If you’re around people or objects that are close to the field of vision, one should use some form of protection for the front of the lens. I sometimes forget that as landscape photographer, damage to the front of the lens is usually non-existent. That doesn’t mean we don’t drop the entire lens or camera but unfortunately a filter won’t help that. I do use drop in filters on my 800mm. I guess I’m from the old school.

jerryc41, I fully agree with your comment, in fact I look for your comments every time I sign on to the forum. Your comments are well thought out and very informative.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.