Ugly Hedgehog - Photography
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main Photography Discussion
Something Great is Almost Here !!
Page <<first <prev 3 of 7 next> last>>
May 17, 2024 09:46:46   #
SuperflyTNT Loc: Manassas VA
 
MrBob wrote:
Well, SPECULATION will be over very soon... The point was WHY not wait, check out the specs, sensibly think about WHAT is important to the type of pros that will utilize this model and THEN talk about it ? Is Knee Jerking the order of the day now ?


Why announce a new camera and not give us the specs?

Reply
May 17, 2024 09:47:19   #
azted Loc: Las Vegas, NV.
 
By saying something great is almost here, ....... what you are also saying is that they don't have anything great right now!!

Reply
May 17, 2024 09:50:13   #
larryepage
 
SuperflyTNT wrote:
Why announce a new camera and not give us the specs?


Because the mania needs rime to grow.

Reply
 
 
May 17, 2024 09:52:47   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
Reading other people's stories can give you inspiration and hope and the confidence you can afford a Canon.

Reply
May 17, 2024 09:57:26   #
imagemeister Loc: mid east Florida coast
 
SuperflyTNT wrote:
Why announce a new camera and not give us the specs?


Yes, the "announcement" without specs is just more drum beating without action - Canon talks a lot - but never says anything .....well, it does give the pundits SOMETHING to talk about

Reply
May 17, 2024 10:11:12   #
Real Nikon Lover Loc: Simi Valley, CA
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
Alas, these cropped DSLRosaurs from the global #3 camera maker add ZERO (0) to the discussion of Canon's flagship full-frame mirrorless wonder...


And moving to the top with a bullet. Let's see what happens with #3 when they pull up their big Red panties.

Reply
May 17, 2024 10:14:27   #
KillroyII Loc: Middle Georgia
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
A new flagship full-frame mirrorless camera will be arriving in 2024

COMING SOON! The EOS R1

TOKYO, May 15, 2024 — Canon Inc. announced today that it is currently developing the EOS R1, a full-frame mirrorless camera, as the first flagship model for the EOS R SYSTEM equipped with an RF mount and is aiming for a 2024 release.

The EOS R1 is a mirrorless camera geared toward professionals that brings together Canon’s cutting-edge technology and combines top-class performance with the strong durability and high reliability sought in a flagship model. This camera will dramatically improve* the performance of both still images and video and meet the high requirements of professionals on the frontlines of a wide range of fields including sports, news reporting, and video production.

This camera employs the newly developed image processor DIGIC Accelerator in addition to the pre-existing processor DIGIC X. The new image processing system, composed of these processors and a new CMOS sensor, enables large volume of data to be processed at high speeds and delivers never-before-seen advancements in Auto Focus (AF) and other functions.

By combining the new image processing system and deep learning technology to an advanced degree, Canon has achieved high-speed and high-accuracy subject recognition. For example, subject tracking accuracy has been improved so that in team sporting events where multiple subjects intersect, the target subject can continually be tracked even if another player passes directly in front of them. In addition, the AF “Action Priority” function recognizes subject movement by rapidly analyzing the subject’s status. In moments during a sports game when it is difficult to predict what will happen next, this function automatically determines the player performing a certain action, such as shooting a ball, as the main subject and instantly shifts the AF frame, thereby helping to capture decisive moments of gameplay.

The combination of the new image processing system and deep learning technology will help to improve image quality. Canon implements the image noise reduction function, which has been previously developed and improved as part of the software for PCs, as a camera function to further improve image quality and contribute to user creativity.

Canon is working on field tests for this camera, and will support capturing definitive and impactful moments at international sporting events to be held in the future.

Going forward, Canon will continue to expand the EOS R SYSTEM lineup of fascinating cameras and RF lenses, thereby continuing to meet the demands of a wide range of users and contribute to the development of photography and video culture.

* In comparison to EOS R3 (released in November 2021)
b color=red A new flagship full-frame mirrorless... (show quote)


In response, all the banks in the world stand ready to support the anticipated spending to respond to GAS attacks.

I may wait till the R0 (zero) comes out. I hear it will be implants in the eyes and brain and a choice of a memory card slot in your head or a USB-99 plug in your head. That will all of us old people who have a hard time with camera weight.

Reply
 
 
May 17, 2024 10:55:39   #
burkphoto Loc: High Point, NC
 
Hip Coyote wrote:
I recently took photographs of a Lacrosse game. Very fast moving game totally new to me. I used an Olympus which has the Pro-Capture feature. Pro-Capture allows the user to partially depress the shutter button and the camera starts recording a loop of images. When the shutter button is fully depressed the camera records the desired image as well as records a set number (in my case 20) before and a set number after, if the shutter button is depressed for a few seconds. That is like a little time machine. (It's actually more like a video loop.) It allows the inexperienced user (me as far as the sport) to capture the perfect moment of the action.

I am hoping the Canon has something similar. I think Nikon has a feature that is similar. People yammer about "game changing tech." For me, the Pro-Capture was a game changing tech that saved the day. It bridged the gap between my lack of Lacrosse understanding and getting decent shots that I otherwise would not have.

If Canon accomplished the auto focus features such as focusing on the person who has the ball, that too would be a game changer. Couple that with Pro-Capture? Amazing. In my case, I was there to take pics of a certain player for my friend. If the wizardry of tech could automatically focus on that player in a mass of players, that too would be a huge advantage.

Always glad to have added tech that eventually bleeds down to the lower levels of cameras.

I'd be interested to see what the camera manufactures have as far as support / logistic for the pros at the Olympics. Hogsters tend to focus (pun intended) on the gear side of the equation, but the business side is fascinating to me. I recall that Canon had a massive area where they supplied lenses, replacement bodies, etc to the pros who were in need of gear replacement due to breakdowns or upgrades. I think Sony did the same thing. Oly had some old hippie in a van handing out t-shirts maybe. When organizations like AP start switching brands, it likely has little to do with the gear (all of which can capture great images) but more on costs, support, availability, etc.

Canon and Sony are the big dogs in the tent and deservedly so. Great gear, great support. What's not to like?
I recently took photographs of a Lacrosse game. V... (show quote)


Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Panasonic Lumix have CPS, NPS, SPS, and LPS professional service organizations that support their professional clients. They tend to show up in force at the Olympics and other top sporting events, but they are available all the time for "mail order" or "walk in" support for those nearby. Those are just the ones I'm aware of. Other brands may have similar support structures.

Reply
May 17, 2024 11:25:23   #
gwilliams6
 
Earlier UHH thread already started on the R1, with some more information and videos about it. .

https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/t-807389-1.html

Cheers and best to you all.

Reply
May 17, 2024 11:45:18   #
jimvanells Loc: Augusta, GA
 
I love my Canon R5 and it emptied the coffers when it came out. I am looking for the 200-800 zoom but still no luck so far, even by being on two "notify when available" sites.

Reply
May 17, 2024 12:16:52   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
Success is the dream you dream while shopping for your new Canon.

Reply
 
 
May 17, 2024 12:17:26   #
Retired CPO Loc: Travel full time in an RV
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
A new flagship full-frame mirrorless camera will be arriving in 2024

COMING SOON! The EOS R1

TOKYO, May 15, 2024 — Canon Inc. announced today that it is currently developing the EOS R1, a full-frame mirrorless camera, as the first flagship model for the EOS R SYSTEM equipped with an RF mount and is aiming for a 2024 release.

The EOS R1 is a mirrorless camera geared toward professionals that brings together Canon’s cutting-edge technology and combines top-class performance with the strong durability and high reliability sought in a flagship model. This camera will dramatically improve* the performance of both still images and video and meet the high requirements of professionals on the frontlines of a wide range of fields including sports, news reporting, and video production.

This camera employs the newly developed image processor DIGIC Accelerator in addition to the pre-existing processor DIGIC X. The new image processing system, composed of these processors and a new CMOS sensor, enables large volume of data to be processed at high speeds and delivers never-before-seen advancements in Auto Focus (AF) and other functions.

By combining the new image processing system and deep learning technology to an advanced degree, Canon has achieved high-speed and high-accuracy subject recognition. For example, subject tracking accuracy has been improved so that in team sporting events where multiple subjects intersect, the target subject can continually be tracked even if another player passes directly in front of them. In addition, the AF “Action Priority” function recognizes subject movement by rapidly analyzing the subject’s status. In moments during a sports game when it is difficult to predict what will happen next, this function automatically determines the player performing a certain action, such as shooting a ball, as the main subject and instantly shifts the AF frame, thereby helping to capture decisive moments of gameplay.

The combination of the new image processing system and deep learning technology will help to improve image quality. Canon implements the image noise reduction function, which has been previously developed and improved as part of the software for PCs, as a camera function to further improve image quality and contribute to user creativity.

Canon is working on field tests for this camera, and will support capturing definitive and impactful moments at international sporting events to be held in the future.

Going forward, Canon will continue to expand the EOS R SYSTEM lineup of fascinating cameras and RF lenses, thereby continuing to meet the demands of a wide range of users and contribute to the development of photography and video culture.

* In comparison to EOS R3 (released in November 2021)
b color=red A new flagship full-frame mirrorless... (show quote)


Oh Boy!! So just set it up on a tripod and let it do it's thing. Then the "photographer" can go have a few beers and come back to collect the camera after the action is over.

Reply
May 17, 2024 12:36:53   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
About half of what separates a successful photographer from their peers is who has a Canon.

Reply
May 17, 2024 13:51:13   #
WILLARD98407 Loc: TACOMA, WA.
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
About half of what separates a successful photographer from their peers is who has a Canon.


How much do they pay you to spew this crap?

Reply
May 17, 2024 13:53:38   #
WILLARD98407 Loc: TACOMA, WA.
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
About half of what separates a successful photographer from their peers is who has a Canon.


Oh, now I get your point


You're separating successful photographers from those who own Canons.

Reply
Page <<first <prev 3 of 7 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main Photography Discussion
UglyHedgehog.com
Copyright 2011-2024 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.