Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Sports Photography
Last outdoor game of the year
Nov 23, 2022 14:15:05   #
Nikon2014 Loc: Sterling Heights - MI
 
After the regular season ended I took A break. I shot the Division 2 semifinal game between Warren De La Salle & Birmingham Groves this past Saturday 35 - 0 halftime for the defending champs De La Salle. 1:00pm start so those of you out west or down south say that's great but here in Michigan the temps are in the mid 20's and with the wind it feels like the mid to lower teens. I made it to the start of the 4th and then waved the white flag and called it a season.

Thanks for looking any comments are welcome and please point out anything you like or dislike I welcome all critiques.

All shot with a D850, Auto ISO & WB

Richard

300mm, F4, SS 2000th, ISO 110
300mm, F4, SS 2000th, ISO 110...
(Download)

300mm, F4, SS 2000th, ISO 140
300mm, F4, SS 2000th, ISO 140...
(Download)

300mm, F4, SS 2000th, ISO 220
300mm, F4, SS 2000th, ISO 220...
(Download)

500mm, F5.6, SS 2000th, ISO 360
500mm, F5.6, SS 2000th, ISO 360...
(Download)

500mm, F5.6, 2000th, ISO 1250
500mm, F5.6, 2000th, ISO 1250...
(Download)

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 14:26:43   #
pnittoly
 
These are all superb Richard. Filled the frame nicely. Did you post-process ? Sharpen ? Denoise ? Thanks.Paul

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 14:50:05   #
frankraney Loc: Clovis, Ca.
 
Nikon2014 wrote:
After the regular season ended I took A break. I shot the Division 2 semifinal game between Warren De La Salle & Birmingham Groves this past Saturday 35 - 0 halftime for the defending champs De La Salle. 1:00pm start so those of you out west or down south say that's great but here in Michigan the temps are in the mid 20's and with the wind it feels like the mid to lower teens. I made it to the start of the 4th and then waved the white flag and called it a season.

Thanks for looking any comments are welcome and please point out anything you like or dislike I welcome all critiques.

All shot with a D850, Auto ISO & WB

Richard
After the regular season ended I took A break. I ... (show quote)



Reply
 
 
Nov 23, 2022 16:40:36   #
Nikon2014 Loc: Sterling Heights - MI
 
pnittoly wrote:
These are all superb Richard. Filled the frame nicely. Did you post-process ? Sharpen ? Denoise ? Thanks.Paul


Just a little in photoshop no Topaz. I had to pump up the color saturation on the team in purple or they look blue. Not much else.

Thanks for looking Paul Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Richard

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 17:52:02   #
pnittoly
 
Happy Thanksgiving to Richard.
Paul

Reply
Nov 24, 2022 12:10:00   #
Michael1079 Loc: Indiana
 
All are great, but that last one! Wow! I think that kid would love it! Superb!

Reply
Nov 24, 2022 18:38:18   #
PAR4DCR Loc: A Sunny Place
 
Excellent images Richard.

Don

Reply
 
 
Nov 24, 2022 21:07:10   #
rickberns Loc: Conroe, Texas
 
Nikon2014 wrote:
After the regular season ended I took A break. I shot the Division 2 semifinal game between Warren De La Salle & Birmingham Groves this past Saturday 35 - 0 halftime for the defending champs De La Salle. 1:00pm start so those of you out west or down south say that's great but here in Michigan the temps are in the mid 20's and with the wind it feels like the mid to lower teens. I made it to the start of the 4th and then waved the white flag and called it a season.

Thanks for looking any comments are welcome and please point out anything you like or dislike I welcome all critiques.

All shot with a D850, Auto ISO & WB

Richard
After the regular season ended I took A break. I ... (show quote)


Excellent captures Richard! You have definitely captured a great set for your last football series. I'm down south and the temperatures are definitely 3x your temp

Rick

Reply
Nov 25, 2022 08:38:50   #
Thomas902 Loc: Washington DC
 
Loving the last image in this series...
Epic composition! Number 2 cuts to his left with all the finesses of an airborne ballerina...
Simply breathtaking...

Thank you for sharing Richard...
I truly appreciate your braving the frigid weather to bring us a window into winter collegiate football...
All the best on our photographic journey Richard.

Reply
Nov 25, 2022 17:45:02   #
Nikon2014 Loc: Sterling Heights - MI
 
Thomas902 wrote:
Loving the last image in this series...
Epic composition! Number 2 cuts to his left with all the finesses of an airborne ballerina...
Simply breathtaking...

Thank you for sharing Richard...
I truly appreciate your braving the frigid weather to bring us a window into winter collegiate football...
All the best on our photographic journey Richard.


Thomas,

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for not leaving us. I hope your Thanksgiving was great.

Richard

Reply
Nov 25, 2022 17:46:17   #
Nikon2014 Loc: Sterling Heights - MI
 
rickberns wrote:
Excellent captures Richard! You have definitely captured a great set for your last football series. I'm down south and the temperatures are definitely 3x your temp

Rick


Thank you for comments. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Richard

Reply
 
 
Nov 27, 2022 19:33:57   #
Jules Karney Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
 
Nikon2014 wrote:
After the regular season ended I took A break. I shot the Division 2 semifinal game between Warren De La Salle & Birmingham Groves this past Saturday 35 - 0 halftime for the defending champs De La Salle. 1:00pm start so those of you out west or down south say that's great but here in Michigan the temps are in the mid 20's and with the wind it feels like the mid to lower teens. I made it to the start of the 4th and then waved the white flag and called it a season.

Thanks for looking any comments are welcome and please point out anything you like or dislike I welcome all critiques.

All shot with a D850, Auto ISO & WB

Richard
After the regular season ended I took A break. I ... (show quote)


Good stuff Richard. Last one to the dance here. Been editing for a couple of days.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Sports Photography
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2023 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.