Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
"The Art of Cristo"
Nov 22, 2022 07:47:41   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
I had to use Google to figure this out, but I had an idea what it was about.



Reply
Nov 23, 2022 07:42:18   #
BurghByrd
 
I had to look it up too! Good stuff.

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 13:35:19   #
elee950021 Loc: New York, NY
 
Jerry and all!

Back in 2005, Cristo "wrapped," actually "hung" NYC's Central Park with orange curtains. I remember it was a big thing and I photographed it as well as many others:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/feb/13/arts.artsnews

Be well! Happy Thanksgiving. Ed

Reply
 
 
Nov 23, 2022 14:12:12   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
elee950021 wrote:
Jerry and all!

Back in 2005, Cristo "wrapped," actually "hung" NYC's Central Park with orange curtains. I remember it was a big thing and I photographed it as well as many others:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/feb/13/arts.artsnews

Be well! Happy Thanksgiving. Ed


Yes, I remember seeing that. I just happened to be visiting friends there at the time. I didn't recognize the name, though.

I'm surprised that I was able to find these so quickly. Feb 15, 2005, Fuji FinePix S7000







Reply
Nov 23, 2022 15:26:04   #
srg
 
jerryc41 wrote:
Yes, I remember seeing that. I just happened to be visiting friends there at the time. I didn't recognize the name, though.

I'm surprised that I was able to find these so quickly. Feb 15, 2005, Fuji FinePix S7000


so, krisco; what's the point?

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 17:25:16   #
Texcaster Loc: Queensland
 
jerryc41 wrote:
I had to use Google to figure this out, but I had an idea what it was about.


lol.

I'd forgotten my own meager homage to Christo. I had a plan to revisit this idea but it got away from me.

https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/t-301219-1.html

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.