Ugly Hedgehog - Photography
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main Photography Discussion
SanDisk 1TB memory Card
Page <<first <prev 5 of 5
Aug 17, 2022 07:32:52   #
leftj Loc: Texas
 
rlv567 wrote:
I read everything - usually as soon as the new posts come on line!

Loren - in Beautiful Baguio City


Then you agree his response was snarky and unnecessary. I'm glad we settled that.

Reply
Aug 17, 2022 08:24:15   #
rlv567 Loc: Baguio City, Philippines
 
leftj wrote:
Then you agree his response was snarky and unnecessary. I'm glad we settled that.


Boy, you're really something else! My quote: "I have read all your posts - as inaccurate as they may be - and do see that you called Paul a troll because of his statement". You have to have a lot of things tumbling around in your head to "see" any sort of "agreement" in that!!!

That which I clearly see is no further reason to continue this charade; it brings to mind an often used quote - which I will forego using as it's a little too much on point!

Loren - in Beautiful Baguio City

Reply
Aug 17, 2022 08:28:45   #
leftj Loc: Texas
 
rlv567 wrote:
Boy, you're really something else! My quote: "I have read all your posts - as inaccurate as they may be - and do see that you called Paul a troll because of his statement". You have to have a lot of things tumbling around in your head to "see" any sort of "agreement" in that!!!

That which I clearly see is no further reason to continue this charade; it brings to mind an often used quote - which I will forego using as it's a little too much on point!

Loren - in Beautiful Baguio City
Boy, you're really something else! My quote: &quo... (show quote)


Since you don't agree that his response was snarky then as you say "You have to have a lot of things tumbling around in your head" I too agree that your charade can come to a dismal end.

Reply
 
 
Aug 17, 2022 09:57:34   #
Sidwalkastronomy Loc: New Jersey Shore
 
leftj wrote:
His snarky trsponse yo my original post was a typical troll response. It’s clear that you have not read the entire string of posts.


Paul is NOT a troll. You obviously don't follow his helpful and knowledgeable post

Reply
Aug 17, 2022 10:01:43   #
leftj Loc: Texas
 
Sidwalkastronomy wrote:
Paul is NOT a troll. You obviously don't follow his helpful and knowledgeable post


His post to me was both snarky and not helpful.

Reply
Aug 17, 2022 19:24:25   #
Soul Dr. Loc: Beautiful Shenandoah Valley
 
JimH123 wrote:
The camera the OP is using can record 1920 x 1080 video, normally called 1080p. There are a lot of factors that determine the file sizes per hour of recording, and in Googling I have seen figures of 1.5GB per hour to over 15GB per hour.

A 1TB card is 1024GB. Thus we see that the OP could use that 1TB card for anywhere from 682 hours of recording to 68 hours of recording.

But video wasn't asked for. Just doing lots of HDR images.


You left out that I was responding to this post, not the original OP's one. He said he couldn't see any good reason why one needs a 1TB card.

kb6kgx wrote:
Just saying… I don’t, either. I clear out the card after I’ve uploaded each time. I can’t see any good reason why one needs a 1TB card.



will

Reply
Aug 18, 2022 18:11:28   #
kb6kgx Loc: Simi Valley, CA
 
Soul Dr. wrote:
Might be needed if someone does a lot of videos?

Will


True

Reply
 
 
Aug 21, 2022 00:31:39   #
bnsf
 
I would contact either Sony Electronics or B&H or a good camera company that sells this item and they can tell you what SD cards will work in this camera. A phone call it worth $275.00.

Reply
Mar 18, 2023 21:08:24   #
julian.gang
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
The "Memory Card" section of the PDF product manual for this camera says the camera has only been tested using 64GB SD cards (SD / SDHC / SDXC). It would seen the UHS-I SDXC 1TB SanDisk Extreme Pro would operate properly. Alas, that's a $270 gamble that seems rather silly to take. That's a postage-stamp sized value that is more than half the total value of the camera.


I settled on a 128 gb memory card...Julian

Reply
Jun 9, 2024 23:13:38   #
julian.gang
 
Longshadow wrote:
That would be over 2,500 photos on the card.
Why?


For HDR photos...Julian

Reply
Jun 10, 2024 08:05:03   #
BE KIND
 
leftj wrote:
Guess, You’re not too busy to be a troll.



Reply
 
 
Jun 10, 2024 08:05:50   #
BE KIND
 
Sidwalkastronomy wrote:
Chg_canon is far from a troll. Probably one of the most helpful guy on UHH.



Reply
Jun 10, 2024 17:42:23   #
SuperflyTNT Loc: Manassas VA
 
julian.gang wrote:
For HDR photos...Julian



Reply
Jun 10, 2024 21:14:09   #
OldCADuser Loc: Irvine, CA
 
julian.gang wrote:
Will this card fit in my Sony DSC-HX400v or do I need to buy another camera?...Julian


I've got a Sony DSC-HX400v and since it doesn't even support raw files, jpeg only, I can't see how one would ever need a 1Tb card. Even if you're shooting video, again, the camera records in 1080p, so a 64Gb card should be adequate. After all, considering that the maximum still images are 20.4Mp, with most being in the 15-16Mb size range, that's something like 4,000 images on a 64Gb card.

Anyway, that's my take on this issue.

Reply
Page <<first <prev 5 of 5
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main Photography Discussion
UglyHedgehog.com
Copyright 2011-2024 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.