Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
Forest fire
Page 1 of 2 next>
Aug 5, 2022 21:13:33   #
CindyHouk Loc: Nw MT
 
We have a couple of forest fires going in our area right now. The biggest one is the Elmo 2 Fire in the Lake Mary Ronan/Big Arm area....it's over 20,000 acres right now and has burned a total of 8 buildings, 5 of those are homes. 15% contained as of this morning.

I took a pano shot today of some of the area by the road that burned and the other shot is from someone in the area that got a great shot of the planes filling on Flathead Lake (yes I have permission to share these) and the last one is from one of the firefighting planes.

Scary time to be living in a mountain area with this heat wave and dry overgrown forests.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
Aug 5, 2022 21:24:32   #
kpmac Loc: Ragley, La
 
Tragic. No matter where you live there are natural disasters that can affect you. Here it's hurricanes.

Reply
Aug 5, 2022 21:43:06   #
Jon Erdmann Loc: Kalispell, MT
 
Yes, it's very tragic... I'll be down that way on Sunday from Kalispell.

Reply
 
 
Aug 5, 2022 22:03:41   #
NMGal Loc: NE NM
 
The pictures are terrific of a bad event.

Reply
Aug 5, 2022 22:23:09   #
TheShoe Loc: Lacey, WA
 
NMGal wrote:
The pictures are terrific of a bad event.


I agree. How far from the burn are you?

Reply
Aug 5, 2022 22:24:00   #
CindyHouk Loc: Nw MT
 
kpmac wrote:
Tragic. No matter where you live there are natural disasters that can affect you. Here it's hurricanes.


So true...been thru tornadoes and earthquakes but not a hurricane.

Reply
Aug 5, 2022 22:25:02   #
CindyHouk Loc: Nw MT
 
Jon Erdmann wrote:
Yes, it's very tragic... I'll be down that way on Sunday from Kalispell.


Hi Jon...good to meet a neighbor on here.

Reply
 
 
Aug 5, 2022 22:26:54   #
CindyHouk Loc: Nw MT
 
NMGal wrote:
The pictures are terrific of a bad event.


Hope they can get it contained soon!

Reply
Aug 5, 2022 22:28:05   #
CindyHouk Loc: Nw MT
 
TheShoe wrote:
I agree. How far from the burn are you?


About 60 miles north.

Reply
Aug 6, 2022 05:51:53   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 
It is a scary time for sure - great pictures Cindy.

Reply
Aug 6, 2022 06:01:58   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
CindyHouk wrote:
We have a couple of forest fires going in our area right now. The biggest one is the Elmo 2 Fire in the Lake Mary Ronan/Big Arm area....it's over 20,000 acres right now and has burned a total of 8 buildings, 5 of those are homes. 15% contained as of this morning.

I took a pano shot today of some of the area by the road that burned and the other shot is from someone in the area that got a great shot of the planes filling on Flathead Lake (yes I have permission to share these) and the last one is from one of the firefighting planes.

Scary time to be living in a mountain area with this heat wave and dry overgrown forests.
We have a couple of forest fires going in our area... (show quote)


Great set of images!!! Cindy
The Planes refilling image is Fantastic

Reply
 
 
Aug 6, 2022 06:30:53   #
J-SPEIGHT Loc: Akron, Ohio
 
CindyHouk wrote:
We have a couple of forest fires going in our area right now. The biggest one is the Elmo 2 Fire in the Lake Mary Ronan/Big Arm area....it's over 20,000 acres right now and has burned a total of 8 buildings, 5 of those are homes. 15% contained as of this morning.

I took a pano shot today of some of the area by the road that burned and the other shot is from someone in the area that got a great shot of the planes filling on Flathead Lake (yes I have permission to share these) and the last one is from one of the firefighting planes.

Scary time to be living in a mountain area with this heat wave and dry overgrown forests.
We have a couple of forest fires going in our area... (show quote)

Sad to see Cindy. Nice shots.

Reply
Aug 6, 2022 07:03:37   #
nimbushopper Loc: Tampa, FL
 
Nice photos, I especially like the tankers filling up with water !

Reply
Aug 6, 2022 07:15:51   #
tcthome Loc: Keansburg , NJ
 

Reply
Aug 6, 2022 08:48:29   #
alberio Loc: Colorado
 
Your pano really shows the devastated area and the tankers refilling on Flathead is a great shot even if it isn't yours.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.