Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Sub-Gallery: Birds
Late Spring at the lake
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
Jun 22, 2022 13:19:07   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Our local lake continues to thrive as the weather warms. This set of the resident birds shows the additions (and soon to come additions) and the new Spring looks.

Mostly crops from my Sony A1 with the Zeiss f/1.8 85mm lens.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:33:34   #
NJFrank Loc: New Jersey
 
Good set, the mother in the first shot has her hands or should I say wings full. Your last shot he was posing for you. That is his best side.😀

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:33:53   #
MSW
 
nice photos!

Reply
 
 
Jun 22, 2022 13:36:21   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
NJFrank wrote:
Good set, the mother in the first shot has her hands or should I say wings full. Your last shot he was posing for you. That is his best side.😀


Thanks, Frank. The last shot took a while because he was very busy grooming himself.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:36:40   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
MSW wrote:
nice photos!


Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:37:58   #
Amator21 Loc: California
 
UTMike wrote:
Our local lake continues to thrive as the weather warms. This set of the resident birds shows the additions (and soon to come additions) and the new Spring looks.

Mostly crops from my Sony A1 with the Zeiss f/1.8 85mm lens.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.


Very nice pictures of the family life on the pond!
Poul.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 13:38:33   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Amator21 wrote:
Very nice pictures of the family life on the pond!
Poul.


Thanks, Poul, that is a perfect description.

Reply
 
 
Jun 22, 2022 13:59:13   #
joecichjr Loc: Chicago S. Suburbs, Illinois, USA
 
UTMike wrote:
Our local lake continues to thrive as the weather warms. This set of the resident birds shows the additions (and soon to come additions) and the new Spring looks.

Mostly crops from my Sony A1 with the Zeiss f/1.8 85mm lens.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.


Superb captures - and awesomely cute babies 🟡💛✨💛🟡

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 14:03:11   #
JimmyTB
 
Great series well done. I love the sign and I can attest to the protective geese. When I was a little kid the neighbor used to yell at me for tormenting her geese. I didn't want any parts of them but they didn't respect property lines. I probably still have welts on my back.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 14:03:15   #
NMGal Loc: NE NM
 
Great set, Mike. Love the sign and all the little ones.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 14:26:07   #
RCJets Loc: Virginia
 
The last shot looks like a mallard duck to me. No goose there.

Reply
 
 
Jun 22, 2022 15:38:44   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
joecichjr wrote:
Superb captures - and awesomely cute babies 🟡💛✨💛🟡


Thanks, Joe, the little ones always appeal.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 15:39:33   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
JimmyTB wrote:
Great series well done. I love the sign and I can attest to the protective geese. When I was a little kid the neighbor used to yell at me for tormenting her geese. I didn't want any parts of them but they didn't respect property lines. I probably still have welts on my back.


Thanks, Jimmy, this one did not move, but eyed me carefully.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 15:40:22   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
NMGal wrote:
Great set, Mike. Love the sign and all the little ones.


Thanks, Barbara, the little ones are fun to shoot. The goose has a bad reputation in that part of the lake.

Reply
Jun 22, 2022 15:41:18   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
RCJets wrote:
The last shot looks like a mallard duck to me. No goose there.


You are correct, the sign went with the goose just after the shot of the sign. The last shot is of a mallard in the middle of his preening.

Reply
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Sub-Gallery: Birds
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.