Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main Photography Discussion
Will YOU Engrave Your Camera?
Page <<first <prev 6 of 6
Jun 29, 2022 15:06:13   #
EJMcD Loc: Philadelphia, PA
 
ceallachain wrote:
Do another number for security purposes. Maybe if you were in military prior to SSN usage you can use last 4 of your US or RA number I use it for many things. I can remember that till the die.


It's remarkable that at 75, I don't always remember what I had for breakfast on any given day but my 8 digit US number from 55 years ago is permanently implanted in my brain.

Reply
Jun 29, 2022 15:40:35   #
Scruples Loc: Brooklyn, New York
 
nervous2 wrote:
After reading your post, I went back and watched the video--the whole thing. Not sure why, but I did. Apparently I too have too much time on my hands.


If you want a paper weight or a conversation piece what better way than to take an old camera and put it in an acrylic box

Reply
Jun 29, 2022 20:26:28   #
LFingar Loc: Claverack, NY
 
EJMcD wrote:
It's remarkable that at 75, I don't always remember what I had for breakfast on any given day but my 8 digit US number from 55 years ago is permanently implanted in my brain.


Easiest way to "out" a phony Army 'Nam veteran is to ask them their seriel number. If they can't instantly rattle it off, with the 2 letter prefix, then they are probably not what they claim.
You're not doing bad, BTW. At just shy of 74 I quite often can't remember if I even had breakfast, much less what I had! But, I'll remember my RA number till I die.

Reply
 
 
Jun 29, 2022 20:50:15   #
Scruples Loc: Brooklyn, New York
 
LFingar wrote:
Easiest way to "out" a phony Army 'Nam veteran….


Dear Sir: Thank you for your service!

Reply
Jun 30, 2022 06:46:36   #
LFingar Loc: Claverack, NY
 
Scruples wrote:
Dear Sir: Thank you for your service!


You're welcome!

Reply
Jun 30, 2022 07:01:50   #
EJMcD Loc: Philadelphia, PA
 
LFingar wrote:
Easiest way to "out" a phony Army 'Nam veteran is to ask them their seriel number. If they can't instantly rattle it off, with the 2 letter prefix, then they are probably not what they claim.
You're not doing bad, BTW. At just shy of 74 I quite often can't remember if I even had breakfast, much less what I had! But, I'll remember my RA number till I die.


It was part of the brain washing. Remember bayonet training when you had to repeatedly yell...KILL...each time you lunged at the bag?

Reply
Jun 30, 2022 07:18:43   #
joer Loc: Colorado/Illinois
 
Badgertale wrote:
The person at this link(https://www.diyphotography.net/make-your-camera-unique-and-one-of-a-kind-by-engraving-it-like-this-photographer/) engraved his camera. Would you?

Please comment, opine, rage, troll, critique, and otherwise, really dig into this one.


No, it would impact resale value.

Reply
 
 
Jun 30, 2022 07:21:20   #
EJMcD Loc: Philadelphia, PA
 
LFingar wrote:
Easiest way to "out" a phony Army 'Nam veteran is to ask them their seriel number. If they can't instantly rattle it off, with the 2 letter prefix, then they are probably not what they claim.
You're not doing bad, BTW. At just shy of 74 I quite often can't remember if I even had breakfast, much less what I had! But, I'll remember my RA number till I die.


By the way, I've never felt the urge to out anyone. If lying makes them feel better, shame on them.

Reply
Jun 30, 2022 07:49:49   #
BebuLamar
 
The guy is a good engraver and he wanted to engrave. He use the camera which is a cheap canvas for him to engrave. In fact for that particular camera it may enhance its value because such a camera doesn't really have value as camera.

Reply
Jun 30, 2022 13:33:00   #
EJMcD Loc: Philadelphia, PA
 
BebuLamar wrote:
The guy is a good engraver and he wanted to engrave. He use the camera which is a cheap canvas for him to engrave. In fact for that particular camera it may enhance its value because such a camera doesn't really have value as camera.


I would not deny anyone's right to do whatever they want to their camera. However, I would never consider purchasing it and bet there would be an extremely limited market (if any) for it.

Reply
Jun 30, 2022 13:38:32   #
LFingar Loc: Claverack, NY
 
EJMcD wrote:
It was part of the brain washing. Remember bayonet training when you had to repeatedly yell...KILL...each time you lunged at the bag?


If you are lunging at a target with a bayonet exactly what else would be on your mind except KILL? Brainwashing? If teaching us the bare basics of staying alive in combat is brainwashing then I'm just fine with that.
I've never outed anyone but if letting someone lie to claim what the rest of us had to earn, often in blood, is OK with you then let's just say that we disagree.
I'm proud I enlisted. I'm proud of my service. I'm not proud that our country chose to get into a stupid, pointless war and I am even less proud that our spineless politicians stabbed us all in the back. As always, a dead soldier doesn't count because they can no longer vote.

My apologies to the OP and everyone else for getting off-topic. Some remarks I can't let slide. For that I don't apologize.

Reply
 
 
Jun 30, 2022 13:43:25   #
EJMcD Loc: Philadelphia, PA
 
LFingar wrote:
If you are lunging at a target with a bayonet exactly what else would be on your mind except KILL? Brainwashing? If teaching us the bare basics of staying alive in combat is brainwashing then I'm just fine with that.
I've never outed anyone but if letting someone lie to claim what the rest of us had to earn, often in blood, is OK with you then let's just say that we disagree.
I'm proud I enlisted. I'm proud of my service. I'm not proud that our country chose to get into a stupid, pointless war and I am even less proud that our spineless politicians stabbed us all in the back. As always, a dead soldier doesn't count because they can no longer vote.

My apologies to the OP and everyone else for getting off-topic. Some remarks I can't let slide. For that I don't apologize.
If you are lunging at a target with a bayonet exac... (show quote)


WOW?? I didn't think my comment was all that heavy. Sorry if I struck a sensitive nerve. While I did serve, somehow the thought of killing or being killed never really appealed to me.

Reply
Page <<first <prev 6 of 6
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main Photography Discussion
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.