Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Analysis
small birds. can not focus ,my aging ? Not sharp enough
Page 1 of 2 next>
May 30, 2022 15:36:36   #
2th Loc: Tehran
 
70 -200 nikon d 800 e body. Handheld .





Reply
May 30, 2022 15:53:05   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
2th wrote:
70 -200 nikon d 800 e body. Handheld .


F-stop, Shutter Speed, ISO???
AND:
"store original" so we can download and see it larger.

Reply
May 30, 2022 20:09:44   #
Grahame Loc: Fiji
 
2th wrote:
70 -200 nikon d 800 e body. Handheld .


Exif suggests; 1/500, f/5.6, ISO160, FL 200mm

Also states; Approx. focus distance 10m. No info on focus mode used with viewer I used.

Have these images been cropped?

Reply
 
 
May 31, 2022 01:38:07   #
2th Loc: Tehran
 
Thx .I will provide info in a few hours.

Reply
May 31, 2022 05:16:13   #
Grahame Loc: Fiji
 
2th wrote:
Thx .I will provide info in a few hours.


Perhaps an explanation of why more info is required may be of help.

By uploading an original jpeg image and ticking the (store original) box it will allow the camera information contained within the photo file regarding the settings and focus mode used to be seen by those that wish to assist you. With the original file it can also be opened in Nikon software ViewNX e.t.c where it can be seen if an 'in focus' point was recognized.

Reply
May 31, 2022 09:18:43   #
olemikey Loc: 6 mile creek, Spacecoast Florida
 
2th wrote:
70 -200 nikon d 800 e body. Handheld .


Bird movement is also an issue (based on the pose in each frame) - the metal bar is reasonably sharp......like all say, not enough info. And no, the bird is not "really sharp".

Reply
May 31, 2022 13:50:18   #
AzPicLady Loc: Behind the camera!
 
I see lots of bird pics here that are so tack sharp, one can count the feathers. It's discouraging, sort of. I think your images are pleasantly sharp and nicely done. I'd be quite pleased if they were mine.

Reply
 
 
May 31, 2022 14:18:08   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
Something to add.

If you like your birds but think they are too soft (viewing from a distance negates that) then you try what I do sometimes.
I run the image through an app that gives it the look of a painting so it ends up like a magazine illustration from the past before everything became a photograph. Except for a few "ultra realistic" artists working in ink, pencil etc. no one expects the image to be tack sharp.
Examples attached: Bird with detail in feathers and Egret landing that was soft except for the legs and I turned it into an artistic illustration look using filters in Photo Shop.

Photo Shop also has an "oil painting" filter where you get sliders to adjust angle, brush mark size etc. That is the cardinal in the third image done rather extremely.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
May 31, 2022 15:58:55   #
Linda From Maine Loc: Yakima, Washington
 
Grahame wrote:
Exif suggests; 1/500, f/5.6, ISO160, FL 200mm

Also states; Approx. focus distance 10m. No info on focus mode used with viewer I used.
Photo #2 is 1/125 second, really not enough for small birds IMO and/or the slightest movement of photographer.

The below site can read exif, even without a download:
https://www.metadata2go.com

I couldn't find anything about focus choice, though, Such as single spot, center...or?

Reply
May 31, 2022 17:29:25   #
Grahame Loc: Fiji
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
Photo #2 is 1/125 second, really not enough for small birds IMO and/or the slightest movement of photographer.


I had not earlier looked at the Exif of the 2nd image Linda but looking now I see it was taken at 1/125s, f/13, ISO160 and the Exif suggests flash was used and return detected. For the 1st image flash was not used according to the Exif.

Linda From Maine wrote:
The below site can read exif, even without a download:
https://www.metadata2go.com

I couldn't find anything about focus choice, though, Such as single spot, center...or?


That's the site I use but have not yet worked out how to do it without a download and dragging the file in.

Reply
May 31, 2022 17:56:40   #
Linda From Maine Loc: Yakima, Washington
 
Grahame wrote:
That's the site I use but have not yet worked out how to do it without a download and dragging the file in.
The UHH image has to be on the page by itself, so a download link is needed (from "store original" option). On the metadata website at the bottom of the purple box is a white cloud with up arrow. When you click that, one of the options is to provide the url. Click that and paste the url of the photo. I just did it with one of mine:
https://static.uglyhedgehog.com/upload/nt/2021/4/27/593377-lots.jpg

.

Reply
 
 
Jun 1, 2022 03:50:59   #
Grahame Loc: Fiji
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
The UHH image has to be on the page by itself, so a download link is needed (from "store original" option). On the metadata website at the bottom of the purple box is a white cloud with up arrow. When you click that, one of the options is to provide the url. Click that and paste the url of the photo. I just did it with one of mine:
https://static.uglyhedgehog.com/upload/nt/2021/4/27/593377-lots.jpg

.


Many thanks Linda, that was easy.

Reply
Jun 1, 2022 15:06:10   #
2th Loc: Tehran
 
I,m out of town till Friday.Thx for great tips and suggestions.

Reply
Jun 4, 2022 01:01:54   #
2th Loc: Tehran
 
Thx.

Reply
Jun 10, 2022 02:46:35   #
2th Loc: Tehran
 
Thx again sorry we had some bad things happen in my close city of Abadan. a big 9 story building Metropol collapsed. and our third big bank called Melli in Tehran half a mile from our president.s residence was rubbed and close to 170 safe deposit boxes were opened. airports computers were hacked ..and the next day a train going from Mashhad to Yazd collided with a bulldozer and 7 out of ten wagons has been derailed .sorry for not answering earlier.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Analysis
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.