Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Sub-Gallery: Birds
Florida: Wood duck mama - RX10m4
Page 1 of 2 next>
May 16, 2022 21:25:12   #
imagemeister Loc: mid east Florida
 
Took the RX10m4 out yesterday and found Mama Wood duck with 11 ducklings. I tried for the ducklings but they are all very skittish and I did not want to stress them. I am planning a return trip to try again 8-) I did manage to get Mama -

600mm, 1/640, f5.6, ISO 400, hand held, in late afternoon back/side lighting, with some cropping.

I continue to be AMAZED by this camera/lens and can recommend it HIGHLY. Please do the download to appreciate.

Thanks to ALL for stopping by and for commenting........Larry
.


(Download)

Reply
May 16, 2022 21:33:03   #
Appy Loc: Flint Hills (Ks)
 
Wonderful photo!

Reply
May 16, 2022 21:44:10   #
lukevaliant Loc: gloucester city,n. j.
 
great shot and great respect for nature ,,thanks for the exposure info too! she's a beauty

Reply
 
 
May 17, 2022 01:58:09   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
Beautiful capture of a cool bird. I must have missed a prior post, exactly what 600mm lens and what camera? What ever they are they make a great combination

Reply
May 17, 2022 02:21:04   #
niteman3d Loc: South Central Pennsylvania, USA
 
Well worth the walk, nice shot!

Reply
May 17, 2022 06:03:36   #
J-SPEIGHT Loc: Akron, Ohio
 
imagemeister wrote:
Took the RX10m4 out yesterday and found Mama Wood duck with 11 ducklings. I tried for the ducklings but they are all very skittish and I did not want to stress them. I am planning a return trip to try again 8-) I did manage to get Mama -

600mm, 1/640, f5.6, ISO 400, hand held, in late afternoon back/side lighting, with some cropping.

I continue to be AMAZED by this camera/lens and can recommend it HIGHLY. Please do the download to appreciate.

Thanks to ALL for stopping by and for commenting........Larry
.
Took the RX10m4 out yesterday and found Mama Wood ... (show quote)

Nice shot Larry

Reply
May 17, 2022 06:59:29   #
tcthome Loc: Keansburg , NJ
 

Reply
 
 
May 17, 2022 08:22:23   #
jaymatt Loc: Alexandria, Indiana
 
That’s a nice one!

Reply
May 17, 2022 08:30:30   #
imagemeister Loc: mid east Florida
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
Beautiful capture of a cool bird. I must have missed a prior post, exactly what 600mm lens and what camera? What ever they are they make a great combination


Sorry, SONY RX10 IV....

Reply
May 17, 2022 08:53:04   #
Retired CPO Loc: Travel full time in an RV
 
Wow! I really like the female Woody. I'm hearing such good things about the Sony RX10, I might have to take a closer look. I love my Nikon gear but...

Reply
May 17, 2022 09:02:52   #
imagemeister Loc: mid east Florida
 
Retired CPO wrote:
Wow! I really like the female Woody. I'm hearing such good things about the Sony RX10, I might have to take a closer look. I love my Nikon gear but...


It can be a game changer for most people - myself included. I continue to try to think of good reasons for keeping my other gear.

Reply
 
 
May 17, 2022 11:27:09   #
ORpilot Loc: Prineville, Or
 
I love wood ducks, someday I'll get lucky and see one in person. Like you ...my RX10 continues to amaze me.

Reply
May 17, 2022 12:13:25   #
Earnest Botello Loc: Hockley, Texas
 
Great shot, Larry.

Reply
May 17, 2022 13:34:13   #
Hereford Loc: Palm Coast, FL
 
I agree, a very impressive photo.

Reply
May 17, 2022 14:20:56   #
fdnave Loc: South Jersey
 
Excellent and yes my RX10 M4 is the best. I was able to find that one little guy that has a free spirit.



Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Sub-Gallery: Birds
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.